Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 08-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Hi,
Is anyone having urine leakage? I don't have a lot, but noticed a little when I get out of bed in the morning. This is the same thing I experienced before I had the surgery. I had a bladder sling and thought that would take care of it, but it seems to be back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2007, 05:23 PM
byfaith

Hi byfaith,
Thanks for responding! I have my left ovary, the right one was removed wuth the Dermoid back in 2004. From the people that have responded and experienced the same thing, they were told by their Dr's it was discharge from the cervix during ovulation. I had the same jelly-like matter before I had my uterus removed. I plan to ask my Dr about it at my post op appt on Wed.

Well, I did not have endometriosis, Adenomyosis, or anything like that, that might have caused other problems. I had a large fibroid that enlarged my uterus causing it to thin out. I am only 39. Why would I want to go through menopause now if it was not necessary? I already had a taste of it with the Lupron. We decided it was best for me to let my body go through it naturally. Hope that answers your questions. I forgot to look at see what your procedure entailed. I nknow we each have our own situations and need to decide what is best for our own bodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
Wannabe...it does not make sense. Even if your right ovary kicked in why would anything be discharged?? Depending on how much and if it keeps up I would call my doctor.

My question to you is why did you keep cervix and right ovary and tube? After all you have gone through I guess I would be nervous something else would happen. But also I am interested to hear why and what your doctor said about it. I am fighting my decisions, and what my doctor recommended to me.

You sure have been through alot.
Unread 08-05-2007, 06:19 PM

Wow I did not know that you still have that type of discharge. Everyone situation is different. Yes, as far as the menopause I feel it's too early for me too...if I was like my mother it did not happen until she was 52. 8 years too soon. That's why I ask what your doctor help you decide. I think because my oncologist thought I had cancer she wanted all removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2007, 06:22 PM
byfaith

Hi again...

Ah, I see now that you had much more going on in there than I did. I am sure that is why your Dr recomended what he/she did. Especially if they thought you might have cancer. Better safe than sorry. Are you doing any kind of HRT now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
Wow I did not know that you still have that type of discharge. Everyone situation is different. Yes, as far as the menopause I feel it's too early for me too...if I was like my mother it did not happen until she was 52. 8 years too soon. That's why I ask what your doctor help you decide. I think because my oncologist thought I had cancer she wanted all removed.
Unread 08-06-2007, 01:13 AM
ByFaith

I was wondering how your back is now that you decided not to go on the treadmill for a while. Has that helped? I know what that backpain feels like. It's really miserable.

I'm up again at 2:00 am. There's not much to do at this time of night that won't disturb the family, so I type to my sisters who understand.

This weekend I finally got my hair cut and highlighted (long overdue). There was a lot of sitting and bending backwards, but I did alright. Did come home and rest afterwards.

This week is the week I go back to cooking. My DD has been filling in for me all this time, but I think she can't wait for me to take over. The only thing I worry about is lifting so I'm going to only do meals on top of the stove, not in the oven.

Tomorrow is my 5 week mark. Can't wait till the 6th week. Everyone says that's when you can do more.

Still feel pretty emotional. Many little things make me cry like I saw one of my little students in church yesterday and he had this big smile on his face when he saw me. Instant tears!

I hope you all have a great week coming up.
Unread 08-06-2007, 02:46 AM
Lovetosew

Well, here I am 3:30 am and still not sleeping. I am very uncomfortable and I just can't sleep. I am tired but I can't get comfortable. My back is much better. I layed off the treadmill for 3 days. But I went back at it today. I did one mile and then a couple hours later I did another mile. I also did some floor exercises that the hystersisters have on the web site. But I should wait yet a couple weeks on those. I did some of the until I felt I was hurting. It could be why I can't get comfortable tonight or should I say this morning

Oh I sure need my hair done too. I had it done right before surgery but now it's 4 weeks. I am trying to wait yet a couple more, being I am just at home. I always been a little crazy about the hair being I am a salon manager.

Who do you cook for? It's nice that you and your DD work together.

I sure understand about the emotional part of this. I can't remember if you are taking anything. I think I am not taking enough. The surgeon just throws something at you to get you by until you see your regular doctor.

I go to my regular dr. to check up on my blood pressure today. I will check with her regarding hormones, my back, the fact that it still hurts at the end of urination and this whole sleep thing.

I hope you get some rest and remember I am here for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetosew
I was wondering how your back is now that you decided not to go on the treadmill for a while. Has that helped? I know what that backpain feels like. It's really miserable.

I'm up again at 2:00 am. There's not much to do at this time of night that won't disturb the family, so I type to my sisters who understand.

This weekend I finally got my hair cut and highlighted (long overdue). There was a lot of sitting and bending backwards, but I did alright. Did come home and rest afterwards.

This week is the week I go back to cooking. My DD has been filling in for me all this time, but I think she can't wait for me to take over. The only thing I worry about is lifting so I'm going to only do meals on top of the stove, not in the oven.

Tomorrow is my 5 week mark. Can't wait till the 6th week. Everyone says that's when you can do more.

Still feel pretty emotional. Many little things make me cry like I saw one of my little students in church yesterday and he had this big smile on his face when he saw me. Instant tears!

I hope you all have a great week coming up.
Unread 08-06-2007, 06:29 AM

Update, went for a 4 wk. check-up a wk ago, she only asked how I was feeling, looked at my incision(1/4 inch still open)cleaned it good and said it is healing fine and will close, gave me another presciption for ibuprohen.(6wk.post-op on Aug. 13th)

I was feeling really good, started staying up most of all the day doing little odds and ends, no lifting but light house work, folding laundry, cooking dinner etc. so I decided this past Sat. to take DD(8) and DS(6) to see Shrek the Third, well it was the first time I drove. About a 1/4 of the way driving I started to get this poking feeling in my left side, almost like something sharp jabbing me from the inside, needless to say it persisted thru the movie and on the way home and still having it now. Its moved a little either up or down but I never thought that driving would do that, I feel like such a wimp now

I feel like I've taken 2 steps backwards after feeling so good before.....................any other ladies finding the same?

Hope everyone else's recovery is going good..................oh and on a lighter note it did feel great to share some special time with my little one's alone, they loved the movie and the mommy time
Unread 08-06-2007, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan
Update, went for a 4 wk. check-up a wk ago, she only asked how I was feeling, looked at my incision(1/4 inch still open)cleaned it good and said it is healing fine and will close, gave me another presciption for ibuprohen.(6wk.post-op on Aug. 13th)

I was feeling really good, started staying up most of all the day doing little odds and ends, no lifting but light house work, folding laundry, cooking dinner etc. so I decided this past Sat. to take DD(8) and DS(6) to see Shrek the Third, well it was the first time I drove. About a 1/4 of the way driving I started to get this poking feeling in my left side, almost like something sharp jabbing me from the inside, needless to say it persisted thru the movie and on the way home and still having it now. Its moved a little either up or down but I never thought that driving would do that, I feel like such a wimp now

I feel like I've taken 2 steps backwards after feeling so good before.....................any other ladies finding the same?

Hope everyone else's recovery is going good..................oh and on a lighter note it did feel great to share some special time with my little one's alone, they loved the movie and the mommy time

Yes, this weekend I did think I over did myself. My surgery was a LSH and my DR released me for all but heavy lifting on July 26th. I have been driving since July 9th when I had my 1st post-op. Driving was uncomfortable for about two weeks for me. Anyways, I thought I'd clean my boys bathroom, bought new toilet seat...replaced it...washed shower curtains, rugs...all of it. I also vacuumed under my computer desk and adjusted the power cords. I think I must have lost my mind. At the time it didn't hurt but I used the bathroom and found new pink blood and felt dizzy and laid down on my bed after that.

I guess 6 weeks means just that. I am frustrated that I am not able to do all like I did before! I am a stay at home mom and I have two teenagers and a DH. My memory is not where I want it to be and I fear I am fighting a good fight at not becoming depressed. I have battled depression over the years. I am trying with all my mite not to let it get me.

This surgery recovery was more than I had imagined and it's really gone smoothly for me as compared to others. I just don't feel in control of me yet. Do you think it will come?

Mj
Unread 08-06-2007, 08:30 AM
UofM and brymj

You said it so well, brymj, 6 weeks means 6 weeks. We're so used to doing it all that it gets us down when we can't. I know there are so many things I want to do and that inner voice in me says don't. We have to listen.

Sometimes I feel like people will think "Enough already. You mean that's all you're doing?" We have to remember that:

1. We all heal at our own pace.
2. Not everyone had the same surgery.
3. This was major surgery.
4. We don't want to mess it up so that when we are completely healed, that's that. We're done and no more messing around with it.

You both may have overdone it for a day, but you have a second chance. Rest and baby yourself today. I'm sure you'll be feeling much better in a day or two.
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Dr. Gone and on call nurse never heard of mini periods. Help?

Well I am still spotting. Much less almost like the "mini period". I called the Dr. of course she and her nurse are out till the 8th. The on call nurse has never heard of "mini periods" nor has she heard of a hysterectomy where they left the cervix. My Dr. said she left my cervix and ovaries. What should I do? I'm thinking about just sitting tight until the 8th.

Rapha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register