Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 08-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Well, Lunesta did not knock me down completely but it did help. I slept for 4 hours straight. I have not done that for weeks. I woke up for maybe 45 minutes and then fell back to sleep. That happened after the initial sleep every hour or so. My total was about 7 hours of sleep which is awesome. So no side effects at all with this. It's very expensive though. My Dr. said again, no bladder infection or anything even though I still have pain at the end of urination. My Dr. said they may have taken endo off my bladder and that could be why. I will find out more on the 23rd. Still very nervous about going back to work. I am on my feet all day, but I hope things change quite a bit in the next couple weeks. I hope you get some relief soon lovetosew! Happy healing Hystersisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetosew
Thanks for the tips! This not sleeping and crying are so not me. I'll be glad to get back on estrogen hopefully next week after my appt.

Hope you get a great nights sleep tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 09:09 AM

Yeah!! You got some sleep. That is great..There is nothing worse than being exhausted and worn out feeling...Hope that it continues for ya.
Beth
Unread 08-07-2007, 09:51 AM

Welp...today marks the 5 week post op point for me. I have my post op appt tomorrow so I am hoping to be cleared for everything! For the most part, I feel good. Still have the occasional pulling and phantom shooting pains. Off all pain med's now, even the Tyl Pm. I don't have to go back to work until September (I'm a teacher), but I still want to feel "normal" again... actually hopefully normal will be better than what I was before surgery!

Oh and by the way,to add to the other comments about having a lap surgery... my uterus was VERY enlarged along with the large fibroid, and I was still able to have it done LSH. Primarily because it was pretty basic, just removed the fibroid and uterus. The size of my uterus didn't matter because they remove it in pieces. I didn't have endo or adyno (sp?) so there wasn't anything attached to anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ckris
Hello all, I hope everyone is doing great. When I came upon this sight today I noticed on the right side of the screen under hysterectomy news which read "Novare Announces First Ever Single port Total laparoscopic Hysterectomy" That describes the hysterectomy that was performed on myself, and then they pulled it all through the vagina. If they are able to perform a hysterectomy in that way. What I am confused about is why do they still perform the old fashion hysterectomy that some of you have experienced. I do not know all of your medical reasons for having your doctors performing the old fashion way in this day and age. I do have to admit I was very scared when I was told to have a hysterectomy. Fear of having it performed that way. I prayed hard for a miracle the night before surgery. My heart goes out to all of those who went through this the other way. Tomorrow (Tuesday) will be five weeks for myself I still get tired and still have a yellowish discharge, but I am starting to feel ok. I go back to work next Monday. I do not think I would be ready for work if they had performed the surgery the other way. I work with about five hundred kindergartener's everyday. I wish everyone the best for their recovery. Kris

2ckris, Like some others have said, everyone has their own reasons for their surgery. As Dr's skill levels improve I believe most hysters will be laproscopic. I saw the news you mentioned and was facinated with the single port. But, I must say that I would like to see it done totally lapproscopic like the LSH. This surgery requires no stitches thus, a much shorter recovery time. Typically two weeks. By leaving the cervix and cauterizing it--no stitches to heal and no cause for 4-6 weeks of restrictions. I could have easily returned to work at two weeks. At five days I was driving, three weeks I was playing golf and just about back to normal. I am slightly more tired and can faintly tell I had recent surgery, other than that I'm back to normal now (not counting hormones) .

Happy recoveries, keep on getting better and better!
Unread 08-08-2007, 06:22 AM

having a lot of back pain. is that normal ?
Unread 08-08-2007, 06:30 AM

i am still having pain real low. she told me that was because scar tissue was wrapping around my cervix. does anyone else have that problem ? don't know what that will mean . i was told i could finally use a swiffer. this southerner is not hard to please.
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:26 AM

Back pain in very normal. I was down on the floor with back spasms. They lasted for 3 days. I layed on the floor with my feet up and they finally went away. But what continues is just an ache back. So when ever you can lay down with your feet up to give your back a good rest. You can do this 15 minutes at a time throughout the day. I am proof it works!

P.S. By the way, this is recommended by a doctor too. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedler1
having a lot of back pain. is that normal ?
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Post op appt today

Well, I got the "all clear" today! Whoo-hoo! Dr said all looked (and felt) good! So that is a relief! I am hoping that each day gets better and better. Thanks to all of my surgery sisters for being there by my side!
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Yea Wannabe

Good for you that all is well. Keep taking care of yourself!!!
Unread 08-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBPainFree
Well, I got the "all clear" today! Whoo-hoo! Dr said all looked (and felt) good! So that is a relief! I am hoping that each day gets better and better. Thanks to all of my surgery sisters for being there by my side!
Hi Ginny! I got my "all clear" today also!!! Yeahhhhh!!! I'm glad you are doing so great. My dr said I'm looking great! I feel awesome today!!!

I am so greatful for this website and all of the sisters that I have met. What an awesome support!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register