Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 08-17-2007, 06:12 PM
anyone else having mini-periods?

Hi,
I am almost 6 weeks post op from LSH. I was able to keep my ovaries and cervix. I had a light period 3 weeks ago and called my doctor. The nurse said it is normal to have spotting the first 6 weeks. Today I am having another light period with CRAMPS. Both times it has been the time for my normal cycle. After my surgery I read that it is possible to have mini periods if you still have your cervix. I can handle light spotting, but not the cramps. I thought I was done with this. How many others are having this? I am trying not to be upset, but I did not expect this at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Thanks for the update. I was curious to see how everyone was doing this far into our recovery. This website has been an absolute lifesaver.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:24 PM

I had my final check up yesterday, he removed some stitches both inside and out and told me to go back to life as usual. Feeling great have been back to work since second week post op, sleep is still a little messed up but getting better. You are right about this site it was a blessing!! Take care, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you..
Lori K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 09:33 PM

What great news lovetosew I am so happy you are healing so well. Wow I bet your DH is a little sad about waiting another month but what can you do. You only have one time to heal correctly. It has been awhile for my DH too. I don't have my appt. until next week. I must admit he is going a little wild :wowee: but I guess I am happy that he is...all the better when we can get together

I had a good day today. I was very happy about that. I posted about my bladder spasms and other sisters had the same problem and they are further along then me. I guess the bladder goes through quite a lot during the removal of everything.

I am excited, tomorrow we go to the Twins Game it's my first real fun thing. We have gone out for dinner a couple times but that's about it. We will leave extra early because of the bridge.

bean65 I am sorry about the cramps maybe you can start a new thread about your situation?? I have everything out so I can't help any.
Unread 08-18-2007, 03:57 AM

ByFaith, isn't it helpful to be able to talk with others who are experiencing the same thing, (ie. bladder spasms). Good idea to start a new thread. I hope that all calms down for you. Have fun at the Twins game!

I told my dr about this site and he hadn't heard about it (he chuckled when I told him the name). I'll bet he'll be checking it out though. It's wonderful to have this support and encouragement.
Unread 08-19-2007, 09:33 AM

Good Sunday morning. How is everyone doing?

I am at my 6 weeks and it's seems I feel a lot better than I did say a week ago. But as I went to the Twins game yesterday by the end I had quite a bit of pain in my lower tummy. Along with a headache. I have been getting a lot of headaches lately. I had to take 3 Advil when I got home. We did a lot of walking and we left so early due to the bridge being down. Where's my stamia??

I can't wait to see my doctor on the 23rd so I know how I am doing.

Have a happy Sunday sisters!
Unread 08-19-2007, 11:22 AM

I go back to work tomorrow. I am so glad I took the full six weeks (almost seven). I wanted to get back into life in a hurry like everybody else; but I've never heard anybody say, "I wish I'd gone back to work sooner."
Unread 08-19-2007, 11:24 AM

Same here--I go back tomorrow too-I wish I had opted for the 8 weeks off.
Unread 08-19-2007, 12:15 PM

I would have loved another week, but my paid leave ran out already. My supervisor said she had computer work for me to do in the back so I won't have to work the front counter right away and to tell her when I was tired. I hope it's so!
Unread 08-19-2007, 03:02 PM

I know how you all feel. I go back to teaching on the 28th but there's lots to do all this week. My room is set up thanks to my DH and DS but I'll be working on bulletin boards, lesson plans, etc., etc.

I'm feeling so much better this week. I even played bocci with my family last night! Things are looking up!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register