Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 07-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulagal
prege33-
yes I hear ya on the overdoing it-felt GREAT yesterday am so went about some normal household stuff (bill paying, straightening up etc) and last night I was wiped out.
Any other ladies that had LSH have pain when they sit down or get up from sitting, or lying down? I'm sure it's normal-but that's the ONLY time it hurts so just curious how others pain level is. Trying to use arms to manuver myself up-but occasionally it feels as if something is "pulling" in there...ugh-
trying to avoid vocodin and stick to advil-but broke down last night. GasX has been a godsend..really-the gas seems to be lighter and thanks to light laxatives-yesterday's BM counted as the 1st real one...what a relief that was!!

Woo Hoo back to the couch to watch movies
xoxoxoxo
Terri
Yes, it hurts to pull yourself out of bed or out of a chair, it hurts like heck today. I am only 2 days post, maybe that is why, since yesterday I felt pretty good, guess the wonder drugs wore off. Got a little bit of fas in my shoulder/neck area.

I weighed 120lbs on the day of my surgery, both at home & at the hospital. Today, I weigh 130 lbs?!?? Guess, I am holding fluid?? Take care all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2007, 04:48 PM

Yes, it hurts on my left incision, very tender...Doctor said that this is the incision where the uterus was removed. Had trouble sleeping last night, plan to take Tylenol tonight and place pillows around my tummy for support. Other than that I feel great. What is everyone eating?
Unread 07-07-2007, 05:28 PM

Bulagal (and all),

I had LSH the day before you. I know exactly what you are talking about. Pre-op info tells about how to get in and out of bed--works great. You have to do it all with your arms & legs. Was very helpful. Standing up from sitting was tough but getting easier. I still say the worst is coughing--hot flashes make me cough. Gotta luv it!

I had a few slight gas pains on the first day. No problems with BMs, stopped taking the nasty Iron pills before surgery. Back on them now. Haven't used any pain meds for a couple days. I feel fortunate, seems it could be much worse. May have overdone today--time will tell.

It seems I lost a couple of pounds too, gained just after but now down a couple. Doc said he took 2 pounds out of me!! Don't want to dwell on that lol.

When does your Doc want to see you again? Has he given you any idea when you will be back to normal. I can't wait to start golfing again!! My Doc just looks at me when I ask him about golfing--won't answer. Everyone is different I suppose. I'll bet it will be 4 weeks minimum probably 6 weeks.

Best to all, need a short nap.

Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2007, 06:57 PM

Just arrived home from the castle a few hours ago. Feeling tired, but at least it's over now! I am looking forward to resting and relaxing. At least I won't have to hear all the comments from two uneducated nurses (like, you can go look at the babies in the nursery if you're bored OR 30 is awfully young to have a hysterectomy...what's wrong with you?).

The pain during recovery was unimaginable, but once controlled, it's not been too terrible. I thought I'd have a rough time off the pain pump, but oral meds are working just as well.

Thank goodness for this wonderful site and all the info I received prior to surgery!
Unread 07-07-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie6
Hi Erin. Glad you are doing well too. I ended up staying over, because I couldn't wake up, that darn anesthesia gets me everytime, just makes you want to sleep. I vaguely remember my husband & my doctor in the room, so out of it. Just glad to behome in my own bed & house, certainly can rest better. Take care.

Lizzie
Hi Lizzie,
I know what you mean about the anesthesia! I know I talked to my doctor in recovery, but I don't remember a thing about it! I'm glad to hear your back home and more comfortable. Rest up and feel better

Erin
Unread 07-07-2007, 07:33 PM

Good evening princesses!!

I was just reading over everyone's posts. I'm having some of the same problems. Getting up and down certainly hurts the worst! and stairs hurt a little too. I probably wouldn't have any incision pain if I could remain completely stationary! Ofcourse then the gas would hurt even more. Gas X does help a little but I haven't had a BM yet. My appetite hasn't really come back yet either so I'm not too worried yet. Wow, I never thought I'd be posting on the internet about my gas and BM's! Actually, it's kind of liberating
take care everybody!
Erin
Unread 07-07-2007, 07:57 PM

Hi Erin,
I feel exactly like you do regarding posting info regarding bm's and gas! But stay on top of the BM thing. Don't wait too long to use a laxative if you need one. I waited too late and it was painful and I probably strained too much. But I can tell you that after I had my first one, the gas got alot better! My appetite had not returned either but I force myself to eat small meals because i feel better afterwards. Take Care!

Katy
Unread 07-07-2007, 08:33 PM

Greetings
Wow, can't even begin to tell you how much all of this helps. Surgery on the 3rd all was well first 2 days out no pain meds some advil, and the 3rd day was the pits, pain, gas no sleep, tears. Today I'm worn out and considering pain med hoping it will help me sleep. My sweetie is deployed and it makes it hard for him also when he calls to check on me, I hope the sudden tears will soon be gone.
Unread 07-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Hyst on July 3...doing ok.

Hi all...I had surgery July 3rd @ 10:30am....my surgeon did the LSH. She wasn't sure she'd be able to due to old scar tissue from my weightloss surgery in 2000 and my tummy tuck/hernia repair in 2002, but all went well. Yea!!! Hubby is doing good taking care of me as much as I'll allow, but it's driving me kooky not being able to do much. Pain is better than I expected...the percocet helps. ;-) I've been sleeping in a leather recliner due to a pug that wants to cuddle near my belly if I'm in bed....in the recliner, she stays between my knees. :-) All in all not doing bad, aside from still having some mood swings. I was able to keep both of "the girls" (my ovaries) and my cervix, so that's good. I think it's time to go cuddle with the puggy and the hubby. Pugs and Kisses to all....

Beth...35 years old and still learning... :-)
Unread 07-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Yum....

Haha, I wish it ws more than 5 pounds! I can't beleive the fibroid and my heavy uterus wasn't more than that!!! Tell me about the protein shakes @ TJ's. I LOVE that place!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulagal
Pain Free-
Thank Goodness you know what I'm talking about!!! I'm sure it's normal-just needed re assurance!!
I also lost 5 pounds!! Hope it STAYS OFF!! The 1st day home tho- I got on the scale and was actually 3 pounds UP! Must have been all the fluids? who knows.
I've been drinking these yummy protein drinks from Trader Joes to be sure to get enough protein (they have 21 (one kind) and 35 (other kind) grams per can) I think it's very important to the healing process to get enough protein-and I haven't really eaten too much....

feel Good!
xox
Terri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register