Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Unread 07-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 02-Jul 09,2007

Day 5 and I'm so bored! I'm not use to not being able to go anywhere or keep my house, but I don't miss working. Danny has been home in the evenings for a few hours but gone now for 5 days. I have a tendency to overdue it with trying to straighten up the house, I can't stand it (everything has it's place and that's where it should be). The floors need swept and the carpets need vacuumed. Think I'll call a friend and ask her to visit and bring her daughter who offered to do what I couldn't.

Thank goodness today I get to start incorporating soft foods back in. Guess that means stool softeners now huh? Gas is still there if I don't stay on top of it and still on the pain meds every 4-5 hours, 2 at night. Swelly belly at night is unbelievable.

Have a nice pain free day Sister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2007, 09:23 AM

Day 5 also and still on pain meds, taking every 4 hours except keep forgetting at night time and wake up in harsher pain. For the most part I feel great as long as I take all medication like I am suppose too, still no BM but for me that is not unusual my regular schedule before the hyster was once every 5,6 or 7 days. I did have DH pick up some milk of magnesia so I'll probably take some of it today, I can feel the pressure mounting. Tomorrow is my trip to the Dr.s to get my staples out. It's really hard to keep from doing stuff but so far so good I can tell when I stay up too long, then I get REALLY tired, then its back off to bed I go. My DD cut my hair yesterday(she's taking cosmotology in HS)she did a good job, it feels so much better and its alot easier to manage
How many other woman had the TAH? How are you doing at this point?
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:33 AM

I went with DH to pick up our new tractor yesterday. POST OP DAY 11. Then proceeded to follow him and his son around and watch/photograph them as they rode dirt bikes. Up every two hours last night. Hmm...must have been the sweeping and mopping of the kitchen floor. I am laid up on couch with heating pad and cheetohs today. I am really hurting and so sorry that I overdid it yesterday. Tomorrow is a new day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Recovering Well

I had my TAH and kept both ovaires on July 3 and am recovering fairly well. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I have taken a lot advice from this site like using a tummy pillow and drinking lots of fluids. I am still taking pain meds every 4 hours
Unread 07-08-2007, 03:57 PM
life in a daze

Hey girls, 7/2 tah went really well, nurses were great. almost had surgury postponed due to major headache. Just needed an aspirin, but they wanted to wait for the dr's permission, by the time he was done with the surgury before me, I thought my head was going to split open. I said "This is the worst headache I ever had"........wrong thing to say! next thing I know my room is full of dr's and nurses, long story short, they were just being cautionous and after a little morphine, I was a happy camper!

I am feeling really low, kinda in a funk. Dh keeps asking what he can do for me, and I really don't know. I just have a ache inside, I don't think it is physical, more mental, like I feel incredible lonely. Anyone else feeling this way? The thought of having a couple of weeks to not do anything but rest and read,,,,,,was so exciting, but now I feel like I am having a pitty party,
Unread 07-08-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo
I am feeling really low, kinda in a funk. Dh keeps asking what he can do for me, and I really don't know. I just have a ache inside, I don't think it is physical, more mental, like I feel incredible lonely. Anyone else feeling this way? The thought of having a couple of weeks to not do anything but rest and read,,,,,,was so exciting, but now I feel like I am having a pitty party,
Rizzo...me too. I had LSH on 7/2 and I'm doing well, but I'm just in mood swing HELL....and I was able to keep both ovaries, so it's not that. Earlier today I was irritable beyond definition and all week i've been in and out of fits of crying. My hubby has been here and been wonderful with helping me....but I feel that same lonelyness. Thank goodness I have a wonderful doggie who couldn't adore me anymore if she tried....she helps get me through for the most part...but still....why do I feel like this? :-( I'm fairly young (35) and we've only been married 1.5 years.....so we have many wonderful years to look forward to....

I guess I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way, but wish it would pass soon. *sigh*

pugs and kisses to all,
Beth
Unread 07-09-2007, 08:14 AM

I had TVH (kept ovaries and tubes) on July 6...2 hour surgery, 2 hours recovery room, overnight in hospital. The morphine drip with pump was a lifesaver! They let me leave once they took catheter out and i could pee (yay!) on my own -- which was almost immediately.

Only real pain since home is major gas pain but finally was relieved somewhat this morning by BM -- Day 3 since surgery...i think i am doing well.

hardest part is to make sure I don't do too much. Mother and sister and DH have been great. Friends/family calling -- all telling me to make sure I don't do too much...Thank God I have a laptop so it's with my reclining area and all my books and stuff. But I definitely have to get up every half hour or so to move around --

This site really helps -- knowing that there are other people out there dealing with EXACTLY the same stuff...
Unread 07-09-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkr
Greetings
Wow, can't even begin to tell you how much all of this helps. Surgery on the 3rd all was well first 2 days out no pain meds some advil, and the 3rd day was the pits, pain, gas no sleep, tears. Today I'm worn out and considering pain med hoping it will help me sleep. My sweetie is deployed and it makes it hard for him also when he calls to check on me, I hope the sudden tears will soon be gone.
Don't skimp on your pain meds...my best advice from a friend "keep ahead of the pain"... the meds are there for a reason and they can help you keep perspective I think...Good luck. And I want to send a "thank you" to your DH for his service to our country.
Unread 07-09-2007, 10:32 AM

Rizzo and Beth, dito. Had LSH BOS on July 3. Physical pain manageable. Mostly lower back and some groin pain, but good God am I in the blues! Just like you said Rizzo, an achey lonely feeling.
With me it teaters between that and a panicy feeling. Like the way you feel when you ddidn't do your homework or study for a test when your suposed to and run out of time to get it done.
DH and family doing best to cheer me up. Wish DH would just realize that I just want to be held, not entertained.

Hugs,
Uglyhat
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Hugs please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyhat
Wish DH would just realize that I just want to be held, not entertained.

THANK YOU!!!!! That would help oodles just hearing "I'm right here...go ahead and cry." from inches away and be in a hug.... Poor guy has no clue what to do w/ me...he asked "How are you feeling?" and I just burst into tears. :-(

This blows.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register