Eyes and or contact lens | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Eyes and or contact lens Eyes and or contact lens

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Eyes and or contact lens

I hope this does not come across as a stupid question. I did not have this problem before surgery and it is about to drive me nuts. My eyes feel like they are dry and kind of have an achey burn to them and I have noticed that my contacts do not seem to fit as well as they used to. Is it possible that this could be a hormonal side effect? I have 1 ovary left and do not take HRT. Just in case it matters I have not had any other side effects other than just can't fall asleep but I had that prior to the surgery.

Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Eyes and or contact lens

Jenn -

I had this problem very briefly after my hyst and again with my LSO on the 1st of June. It was only the 1st 2 weeks (and really I couldn't be bothered with them then) after my hyst and is 'ongoing' with the ovary removal.

I am having other issues this time as well (hot flashes, night sweats, etc) that have continued on past the first couple weeks. I spoke with Dr about hot flashes at 2 1/2 weeks as they were intense. She said hormonal issues from the removal of 1 ovary can go on for up to 12 weeks (or maybe she didn't want to consider them for 12 weeks) as the body adapts.

I would think dryness very well could be 1 of those hormonal things as well. While its almost 8 weeks for you, that's still well within the 12 week time I was told to not worry about.

Are you having any other hormonal symptoms?

Julie
Unread 07-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Eyes and or contact lens

trying not to sound completely stupid.....I don't think so. Everything else still seems to be in check. I have not had any issues up until this started about a week ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Eyes and or contact lens

Maybe allergies? I didn't have them until I was 34 and then one summer they turned up. I don't wear my contacts much from Mid June until end of Sept each year because of them.

You might want to check with your eye Dr just to make sure what they think could be going on.

Julie
Unread 07-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Eyes and or contact lens

Jenn, it's not a stupid question. My eyes and contact Rx fluctuated with each pregnancy and now again after the hyst. I can't wait to take my lenses out at night. I scheduled an appt. for an eye exam for tomorrow a.m. Maybe it's time to get the Rx changed again.

I've read that the base curve can change with water retention and hormone fluctuations. It would make sense that any changes in the hormonal balance could be a contributing factor as well as allergens and seasonal irritants. Get yourself checked out so you can be comfortable again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register