I never realized... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I never realized... I never realized...

Unread 07-02-2007, 07:11 PM
I never realized...

Just how many other things going on in my body could be related to the endometriosis till I started looking around this site! The sometimes painful intercourse, bowel problems, back pains, fatigue... I've experienced these symptoms for years and had always chalked it up to life/stress.

Despite my inner struggle/grief at what I'm losing (mostly due to my age), it reaffirms my believe that having this surgery is the best option for me. I believe that I'll feel better and be healthier than since I was in high school! Anticipation (the good kind) is starting to overcome the apprehension and though I still have fears to deal with in the next couple of weeks, it's so nice to know that I've got a place to come to where people actually understand.

I'm so glad I stumbled across this place. Thank you all for opening up and sharing your tips, problems, concerns, and encouragement! It's made a world of difference!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2007, 07:37 PM
I never realized...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine_that29
Just how many other things going on in my body could be related to the endometriosis till I started looking around this site! The sometimes painful intercourse, bowel problems, back pains, fatigue... I've experienced these symptoms for years and had always chalked it up to life/stress.

Despite my inner struggle/grief at what I'm losing (mostly due to my age), it reaffirms my believe that having this surgery is the best option for me. I believe that I'll feel better and be healthier than since I was in high school! Anticipation (the good kind) is starting to overcome the apprehension and though I still have fears to deal with in the next couple of weeks, it's so nice to know that I've got a place to come to where people actually understand.

I'm so glad I stumbled across this place. Thank you all for opening up and sharing your tips, problems, concerns, and encouragement! It's made a world of difference!
Ditto...Ditto...Ditto...

It really makes me wonder if I do have endo in addition to my fibroids... I have all of these other symptoms and have always just chalked it up to "growing old"... My DR does think endo is playing a roll in my problems, but we just decided to wait to see what he finds once he opens me up, since I need my hyster for the fibroids anyway...Now that I've been reading these posts, it really makes me wonder...

Guess all of my questioning and pondering will be over next week... Now it's just a matter of making it through the next 8 days!!!
Unread 07-02-2007, 07:51 PM
I never realized...

Endo is some nasty stuff! I had surgery a few years back, and the doc spent hours chiseling it away along with removing fibroids. Fast forward to now, and I know that he'll be encountering more of the same on 7/23!

I didn't realize just all of the freaky stuff that could be traced back to endo until just recently. Terrible hip and back pain, gas I can't even blame on the cat , periods that turn me into Atila the Hun, stabbing abdominal pain... It's a never ending party! I'm hoping against hope that it'll all be a distant memory by August.

Best of luck to you with your surgery!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2007, 04:07 AM
I never realized...

How could I forget the gas! That's been plagueing me for a little over a year now~only mine doesn't like to come out, it likes to play pinball in my body and cause severe pain for a while!
Unread 07-03-2007, 07:29 AM
I never realized...

Endo and all the charming issues that come with it ARE nasty! Deb - my surgery is a week before yours and although the fear factor overcomes me occassionally, I'm really looking forward to getting rid of all these nagging problems. No more aching back, hip pain, bowel problems, digestive disruptions, and (can't forget to mention) PMS that makes my family run for the hills! I think my DH is a little fearful that my 'emotional status' might get worse due to the menopause - but really, it can't get much worse on that front!

Looking forward to ALL of us reaching princesshood and getting back the life we deserve!
Unread 07-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I never realized...

Imagine -- I am 29 also!! And lets see.... 10 days post op! It was a shock to deal with this at this age but it was worth it!

Everyone -- the pain I had with the endo during my cycling was horrible. I was wondering if my u/s could be wrong. I really thought it was as it showed only minor issues that would not cause a lot of pain.

Follow your gut. I knew something was very wrong with my body and it was. When the doc opened me up endo and ando were everywhere.

Post-op the pain wasn't great but it was never as bad as before. I only have pain when *I* overdo it and then its more of a deep soreness than anything else. The most shocking thing is what it is that is considered overdoing it. Sitting up for 3-4 hrs at a time talking to company is overdoing it a lot!! I know things will get better as I get further through post op.

I do have to say though ... even now .... I am feeling better than I have in years. Not sure if I am up to my old High School antics yet but I do feel this is the healthiest I have been in a long time.
Unread 07-03-2007, 08:51 AM
I never realized...

It sounds that you are doing well. I am scheduled for a hysterectomy 08.14.07. My friends and family are either not talking about it at all-or I hear terrible stories and opinions. The only thing that is real is the pain that have every 2-3 weeks. And the level of that pain cannot be normal. Is it selfish to be worried about my libido? anyway. I'm glad that you are feeling good. please continue to share your experience. -Mary
Unread 07-03-2007, 10:08 AM
I never realized...

No -- its not selfish to be worried about it. If you go to the post-op forum you will see that the talk about it a lot.

There are lots of us with steamy dreams post-op supposedly do to hormone increase since everything has been disturbed. For some -- its the last of the hormones running out of their blood stream. For some -- it goes away. For others it lasts.

There are those counting the days till they can have sex again and those dreading it. There are those planning it. There is lots of talk about lubrications to make things work well.

The great news ... a lot of people I have seen comment says sex is better afterwards because they are pain free. That is what I am looking forward too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary36
Is it selfish to be worried about my libido? -Mary
Unread 07-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I never realized...

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine_that29

Debbie everything you mentioned is what I have been going through for 8 years now.... It just takes so much out of you that eventually you just get to the point where you are okay with it. Just think how great you will feel a couple of months after surgery I know I am! Especially since I am sitting here during my period going through the pain and heavy bleeding plus the pain meds
Unread 07-03-2007, 01:24 PM
I never realized...

You are going to find this online home away from home a wonderful place for support. I wish I had found it prior to my surgery.

Its amazing isan't it what can make our bodies feel so yucky and we don't even realize it. I never attributed many of my physical symptoms to what was actually going on with my uterus and ovary. I feel sooo much better now. I am looking forward to feeling like my old self when all the healing is said and done.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register