Estradiol side effects | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Estradiol side effects Estradiol side effects

Unread 07-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Estradiol side effects

Hi sisters!

I'm scheduled for BSO on July13th. My dr. wanted me to start taking HRT to make sure I can tolerate it, since I haven't been able to tolerate any of the other meds. he has wanted me to try (BC, spironolactone, lupron).

I've been taking Estradiol for 3 weeks now, and as long as I take it with a full meal, I do ok. One thing I have noticed though is that I'm bloated all the time (like I look 4 mos. pregnant) and unable to "go" regularly, even with stool softners and lots of waters.

Has anyone else had this as a side effect of taking Estradiol; and after the BSO, has anybody had any other problems on the Estradiol?

Thankya!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Estradiol side effects

So far I haven't had any side effects from the Estrodial. I have been taking it 2 weeks now. How many mg do you take? I teach school also( 7th grade language arts) so I decided to change homones during the summer.
Unread 07-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Estradiol side effects

Hi teacher30,

Bloating is one of the symptoms of too much estradiol. You may be getting too much with the estrogen that your ovaries are now producing.

I see that you have PCOS. Estradiol can also be made into testosterone by our bodies. I don't do very well on estradiol and use a compounded biest which is 80% estriol and only 20% estradiol. It has made a huge difference for me.

Balance is the key to feeling well on HRT. It is a little harder with PCOS to find that balance since PCOS is a disorder of the entire endocrine system.

Since estrogen is a hormone that our bodies need to function properly, and not a med, I'm guessing that it is the imbalance that is causing your symptoms and discomfort. Have you thought about seeing another Dr for your HRT needs? I know my surgeon, while she was a great surgeon, just didn't have the expertise or interest it takes to help me find a balance, especially with the PCOS.

You should call and let your Dr know about the bloating and constipation. He may want to make a change.

s and Best Wishes,
Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Estradiol side effects

Thanks so much! I bet that is the case, that I have too much right now with my ovaries and the estriodol. He just wanted me to try out the estridol before to make sure I could tolerate it before he took them out since I haven't been able to tolerate anything else (BC, spironolactone etc.!) I've done fine, except for the bloatin and constipation (I gained 6 lbs overnight!!)

Did you go to another ob/gyn for the HRT? Or did you see a different kind of dr., since I have heard that the PCOS can make things difficult? I called my family dr. but the receptionist said he didn't do HRT issues.

burnster - I teach elementaryspecial ed. I'm trying to get all this done during the summer too! I told my ob/gyn he better fix me up this summer or my school it gonna come knocking at his door ( I was out over 6 weeks last year trying to get all this taken care of!)

Thanks for the input!!
Unread 07-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Estradiol side effects

I found my current Dr by calling a local compounding pharmacy and asking for a reference to a Dr who tends to prescribe HRT according to individual needs and not a "one size fits all".

They referred me to a local osteopathic Dr (D.O.) who has a special interest in women's hormones.

My Dr explained to me that having my ovaries removed made the PCOS symptoms worse, but easier to treat. Testosterone needs to be brought under control in order to balance the HRT and insulin has to be brought under control for heart health reasons.

I hope this will be the beginning of better health for you.

s,
Kay
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Estradiol side effects

thanks again! The BSO yesterday went well, and I was able to come home last night. I also had extensive endo back,so we chatted briefly about the HRT, and said we'd talk some more at my 2 week follow-up. He's always been very helpful with everything else so hopefully the HRT issues will be easy to work with him. If not, we have a compounding pharmacy in town, so that is a great idea to give them a call!
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Estradiol side effects

I'm sorry to hear about the Endo, but I'm glad your BSO went well.

Here is a link to our Endometriosis Support forum where you can get lots of support from other women with Endo. Having endo might make a difference in the HRT you can use. The women there will be able to share their experiences.

s and Best Wishes,
Kay
Unread 09-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Estradiol side effects

You can see a reproductive endocrinologist. Most of them also handle menopause because its all the same hormones. Mine was super helpful with my dosage.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register