My DH is just too funny... - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My DH is just too funny... My DH is just too funny...

Unread 07-10-2007, 08:57 AM
My DH is just too funny...

Another DH funny (sort of):

Most of my discomfort has been in my backside due to the repairs I had. I've had a lot of trouble sitting, but it is improving.

My DH and I were sitting on the porch last night enjoying a cool drink when I told him that I was happy that I could start sitting for longer periods of time.

His response? "Well, we can't have that - you get much more done around here when you are standing and walking around!"

It's okay - I hit him already for all of us!

He really is a sweetheart and he sure can make me laugh! I think it's why I keep him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:17 AM

This has been a great read, laughter even when it hurts is great!!

Went to my post op check up yesterday with DH, he said he wanted to come in with me, had something he wanted to ask the Dr. Umm, what is it you want to ask, well when can I take you for a test drive, then he cracks up laughing. Oh now we equate it to me being a car and being driven??? lmbo.

So I tell him umm NOPE I will go in alone, thank you. I did ask her when we could have sex, she chuckles and tells me have to wait til 6 weeks post op, which I knew. But I wanted to be able to tell DH I did ask, with a straight face.

So of course he asks me did I ask her his ??, Yep, I did I told him. He had a huge grin and what did she say to it he asked. Well she chuckled and said we have to wait. Oh okay he says. then with the biggest grin he says, so you asked her just like that " when can I take you for a test drive?". I swear he looked like his chest was puffed out and all proud.

No silly I asked when we could have sex, his face dropped and looked like a kid who got all his halloween candy taken away. That look on his face made me burst out laughing.
Unread 07-10-2007, 12:12 PM

I am sooo glad I came over and read this thread. I have been LOL at the posts.

Plumbing...my DH has said a similar thing to me about taking me for one last drive before my surgery. I think men automatically put s-x and cars in the same category LOL

I go for my pre-op tomorrow. Thanks for all the laughs.

s
M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 01:32 PM

Thanks a million everyone! I'm sitting here on the pot--bowel prep--crying and laughing at the same time. I don't have a DH anymore cuz he really was a "D"H.

But now I have a BF (hope no one thinks too hard about those letters I was complaining earlier about not being able to eat for 24 hours. I'm not overweight and I don't eat much anyway, and neither does he, but he said, "That should be the hardest part of all of this."

EW! I wanted to smack him! Bless his heart though. He's trying so hard to be positive about everything--so much so that he doesn't make sense at times and I want to ask, "Don't you get it???" Now that I think about it, the biggest pain he's had is getting a tooth pulled.....

"One last time before surgery???" hmmmm, not with this bowel prep thing.

Thanks again
Unread 07-10-2007, 02:02 PM

I think the reason, ladies, that men equate sex with cars is that the best times involve a stick! Excuse the pun!

I have never laughed as much as when I started reading this thread...I'm not married anymore, but my ex was just like that....God love them, the do try, usually.
Unread 07-10-2007, 03:22 PM

Lisa,

Oh my gosh that is funny!

s
M
Unread 07-10-2007, 04:35 PM

ahhh - so caring and sensitive!!! doh!! thanks for the good laugh!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register