Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hello Every One ,
I am doing good.. I have found that around 3pm I am hitting a wall and need to nap.. but other wise its every three or four days I feel the healing effect. tugging and ache.. its all good.. I am still swollen but that is to be expected, so I am told because of all the things going on at once in my body.. other wise I am resting up as much as possible and my house duties..lol are a little at a time .. its just me doing it all so I cant really leave anything up to any body but me.. its all good not much to do. I am not bleeding anymore and just allot of moisture PH from the Vagina .. this is normal meaning my ovaries are doing there job.. but other wise I am feeling great .. I am on my 4th week of Post OP so its all good

Take care and happy healing
Georgiana
Unread 07-10-2007, 10:09 AM

I'm home from the castle. My procedure took just under 3 hours and all went well. I got to keep my ovaries. I was kept overnight due to oozing from one of the laproscopic incisions. There was no more problem. I have been only on 800 mg motrin so far. I had received a 3 month Lupron Depot shot to increase my blood count and shrink my uterus and fibroids pre-surgery and that was effective. Now I'm only waiting for the lupron effects (hot flashes) to wear off. My roommate had quite a story though. She had her hysterectomy 5 months ago and was admitted for emergency surgery Friday night due to her intestines exiting through her vagina.
Take it easy princesses. Heal well. Can't wait to hear how the rest are doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 11:15 AM
BACK at Work

I had my surgery 6/13/07, LAVH, kept right ovary & tube. Dr. said I had abnormal looking growth on left ovary and cervix didn't look right so she took it. Sorry I haven't posted sooner, but internet has been down at home. It will be 4 wks tomorrow since my surgery, and today is my first day back to work. I'm working part time this week and back to full time next week. Financial status isn't allowing me to take too much time. I don't get sick days.
As far as my surgery goes, the hospital, nurses, doctor, EVERYONE was great. All I had to do was mention I was cramping and they were rushing to get me pain meds. They alternated morphine, and torodal. Worked great.....
Had my surgery at 1 p.m. on 6/13, went home 6/14 @ 2:00.
Had bowel movement (small & liquidy), held solid foods and walked as much as I could. The said I was ahead of schedule, so I was able to go home right away.
They sent plenty of pain meds home with me, but I still have some left, didn't use them all. My family took EXCELLENT care of me. Wouldn't let me do anything. My 16 year old daughter is an ANGEL....she cooked for all of us, cleaned, did laundry, and nursed me w/o complaining. She is awesome. Turned 17 yesterday.....
I had my first post op Friday 7/6 (dr was on vac)
She said I was healing good. My path report came back that I had pre cancerous cells in my uterus & cervix. The abnorm growth on my lft ovary was fine. She said it was a good thing we went ahead with this.
I feel really great, and have had a good experience so far. I just have to remember to not overdo it. I want things to continue smoothly.
I'm still on lifting restrictions, no vacumming (darn !!), no sex (double darn!!!)
The no sex restriction is only til this weekend. I have to admit, I'm scared....(good thing I kept pain pills?)
I have needed this surgery for over 10 years, and if I had known it wasn't as bad as i had imagined, I would have done it along time ago. Of course, they've made so many advances, and I'm sure that's why I'm doing so well.
To my other sisters out there......THIS IS THE BEST GIFT I COULD HAVE GIVEN MYSELF !!!!!!

(sorry, just reallized I posted in wrong place, my surgery was in June....DUH...guess I'm not doing as well as I thought...lol...sorry)
Unread 07-10-2007, 05:54 PM
LSH Monday (7/09) -- Pressure lower ab?

Had LSH on Monday along with pubo-sling. Surgery was at 8AM and I was home a little after noon. I feel really good overall, but started having pressure (more pressure than pain) in lower ab. Anyone else? I haven't had to deal with CO2 pain (yet?) Wondering how the first day or 2 went for others? Tx
Unread 07-10-2007, 06:55 PM

Hi, everybody! I had my vagainal procedure yesterday a.m. Of course w/CIN3/CIS I felt 'fine' going in and so I don't feel so fine right now. I was the one scared of general anesthesia, too, bec. of an incident in my family where an auntie received a dose that proved lethal in her case. The doc didn't seem too concerned, and put me out in a second. My surgery only took one hour (done by 10:30 a.m. on the 9th) and I didn't wake up until 2 p.m. Don't know if that is normal, but is sure seemed long for my relative who was waiting for me. The nurses were g-r-e-a-t. I was sicker than a dog yesterday from the meds/anesthesia. Today I felt a ton better. My surgeon came at 7:30 a.m. to remove the 'packing' (I didn't know packing was a big long string that gets pulled and pulled and pulled) and he also took out the catheter. My favorite thing at the hospital: ice chips! I could not stay a second night....no compelling reason, so home I came at 6:30 tonite, a mere 36 hours after first getting picked up to drive to 'the castle'.... now begin all my restrictions: no driving for two weeks, no heavy lifting for six. An appointment July 25 to find out the biopsy results, bec. for me the key is not finding any cancer cells lurking around in my ueterus/cervix tissue........... This site helped calm me down. I am proud of being a survivor and can't wait to hear from the other princesses. Oh....and for Lika...yes, I am getting a TON of pressure in my lower abdomen. At first I thought it was all gas, but with a pain pill this a.m. at the hospital it subsided, so I know it's pain and not just gas. I had a VERY difficult time passing urine when the catheter was removed....almost earned a second nite at the castle because my bladder wasn't emptying. By this afternoon that problem was slowly resolving itself. I've also got a decent amount of discharge, but by all accounts this is normal. Best of luck now as we all check in and convalesce! Sorry if this is rambling! P.S. the people in charge of this site are absolutely right about drinking water (or, as I mentioned, eating the lovely ice chips at the hospital!).......
Unread 07-10-2007, 07:17 PM

Yesterday I had a TAH, bikini line cut. It was discovered that my abdomen was completely full of fibroids. The largest one went from hip to hip and had smashed my cervix to nothing. The other fibroids on top of the largest ones were huge themselves and had overwhelmed my right ovary. So, the only thing I'm left with is one ovary.

I cannot believe that I had a football inside of me plus a grapefruit plus a bunch of golfballs. My doctor was actually surprised at how bad it was. It's no wonder I was incontinent, could hardly breathe, and was anemic causing me to tire so incredibly easy - my abdomen had been completely taken over.

The hospital has internet, so I'm enjoying myself. I'm in pain, but it doesn't even matter - I can't wait to return to normal living.

I hope everyone else is recovering well.
Unread 07-11-2007, 05:48 AM

I am in bigtime pain. They kicked me out of the hospital soooooooo fast. I'm still having trouble peeing, but I just have to deal w/it. And I gave up/in and took one percocet this morning at 6:15 so I could manage a decent shower. I can't believe that 48 hours ago I was still on my way to a hospital and now I am in my house. Ouch. I hope all my sisters are home soon and/or doing okay. Say, is nasal congestion normal after surgery? I'm so stuffed up! My food at home is better than the hospital's, that's for sure. Owie.........keep me strong, sisters!!! I'm looking forward to your posts as you return from the castle. E.
Unread 07-11-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm home

hi everyone. had surgery on the 9th and made it home around 8pm on the 10th. Feeling really good actually. I had the lap surgery everything out and pushed thru the vagina. You don't get much sleep at the hospital since they seem to wake you up to keep checking in on you. So i'm sleeping pretty good now. So is the hubby. talk more later
Unread 07-11-2007, 10:21 AM
TAH, Bikini Cut, One Ovary Remaining

I'm home, 48 hours later. I couldn't leave the hospital fast enough. I'm in pain but it's manageable because I'm taking Percecet every 4 hours religiously, which is allowing me to walk. I walked 9 times yesterday in the hospital and 2 times this morning before I left. I finally passed 2 small toots of gas when I got home. I believe it was from all the walking and then the jostling ride home.

I had a bad bout of gas pain yesterday (resulting in much drama and crying) and wanted to take my Gas-X. My doctor said I could have some but that the nurse would have to give me the hospital brand because they have to keep track of it. Well, I asked for some, and the nurse wouldn't give me any - even though there was an order for it if I wanted it. She seemed to think it was her way or the highway.

Well, as I was writhing in pain and the nurse wasn't responding to me, I took my own Gas-X and it made her mad which upset me further and it was a vicious cycle. Thank goodness she was my nurse for a short time only last night. When I saw that she was going to be my nurse this morning - I decided I would leave and have better care at home. Buh-Bye.

I'm keeping my pain managed with the percecet - which is making this whole thing much better. I am sooooo happy that I've had this procedure done and I'm looking forward to a new and improved life ahead!!!

Good luck to everyone else - we'll be as good as new in no time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register