Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hey sister I hope all is well with your daughter and glad to hear that you are feeling better. I had the same tickle in my throat as well but I thought it was because they removed my thyroid at the same time that they did the hysterectomy. I sometimes find it a small challenge to drink water if I take my neck all the way back but I am happy that all is this behind me. Ok I am going to ask a strange question. Did you see that on the 5th week they are going to do a pelvic exam to see how the stitches in the inside are coming. I did not know that we had stiches on the inside? dumb me. Keep us posted on how your daughter is coming and keep treating yourself like a princess.

Jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 06:44 AM

I would love to what is your screen name mine is [email protected] if you do not use aol let me know because I have other accouts as well
Unread 07-16-2007, 06:50 AM

Prince 64

Did you have abdominal or vaginal? Can't fear the internal quite yet, have to get past staple removal first I seriously feel virtually nothing inside, certainly I still couldn't be numb, told DH hope dr. really did take all that out? Was showing 20yr old son incision and said I feel like I was in "the game" and got away in the movie "Saw"LOL LOL!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 06:52 AM

Thanks Jackie for your kind caring words. As far as the internal stitches...I don't know too much about that either... But since your surgery was in June week 5 is coming up.. I had LSH - kept my Cervix ... don't know if I have stitches! my 2 week check is not till the 26th of july ... guess we'll both learn more when we see the Dr. Thanks again for the support!
Eileen
Unread 07-16-2007, 06:58 AM

Mobrnis! Wow, you are an active sister. I will keep you in mind today when I 'cheat' and go to a very important meeting at work. I have been waiting a YEAR for this meeting (I even had to take a later surgery date because of work related to this meeting)......and I have a ride to and from and I have been practicing walking half miles since Thursday.... so I believe I will do okay. Your pain management has been impressive. I will say a prayer for your daughter. E.

I am thinking of my doc's face if he saw me going to this meeting today.
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:04 AM

Morning all...boy I had a rough night. Finally decided to just get up. I have tried Gas X and Mylanta but nothing is helping this stomach. Besides that my back is hurting.
Dh asked if I wanted to go walk at the antique store, Well, yes I do but the ride there would probably do me in. I had TVH on Friday, I guess I shouldn't expect to be feeling very good
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:12 AM

Captain Crunch....You got that completely right! Listen to your body. Your surgery was only 3 days ago so take it slow. Go for a stroll around your house... don't subject yourself to the car yet,,,the ride home from the hosp was probably not pleasant and your body is now healing...so let it rest. Milk of Magnesia worked well for me. I took it at night. Gas X a few times a day and the "Ginger ale with a tea bag in the micro to make it hot" that tasted really good to sip and it did get the gas moving enough to slowly escape. Little walks around the house helped too. This is the time to pamper yourself....maybe save the antique shop for next week as something to look forward to when you are feeling better! (But of course that's just my opinion.) Hang in there!
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:15 AM

I had a adominal with over 25 staples. LOL
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Captain Crunch.....

If the TVH was just three days ago, DO take it very easy. There is no way that last Wednesday I could have gone for a ride/ walk far from home. No way. Now, it being a week since the surgery, I could imagine it. You need to stick close to home, keep the pain in check, and walk where you can get back to home base 'quickly' (nothing is quick while recovering from hysterectomy, I'm finding) as needed. Take it easy today. Walking is good, but close to home.

P.S. I tried going to a neighborhood store w/daughter and granddaughter Friday (so that was the fifth day post op if the op day is included in counting) and I thought I would drop from the cramping, the people, the speed (I usually speed around and couldn't)...the checkout line, the walk to and from the car, the inability to carry, push, DO anything............sigh. It was a bit overwhelming and even a bit humbling.

We will see how I do today going to work for my one hour meeting that I've been waiting a whole year to attend.

Take it slow..............Pamper yourself. If you go to the antique store take something for cramps before you go and I hope it has lots of lovely chairs to rest on!
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm home too

I'm home too and so happy to be on the other side of things. I went in on the 9th and came home on the 13th. They wanted to keep me until the 15th....because I'm having some issues with my bladder but I really felt getting home to my own bed/shower and family would help me. The surgeons said everything went well. My bowel had prolapsed so far, that they had to make an incision in my perineum to get at it. They then put it back up in place and aligned it with my rectum using my abdominal ligaments to secure it. Then they put my bladder back up in place by making two small incisions in my "mound" and used a sling that was sewn to my other abdominal ligaments. Then they removed both my uterus and cervix vaginally. I was able to save my ovaries. My bladder is not cooperating and they've had to reinsert the catheter twice. They wanted to keep me until the 15th to reinsert a catheter but offered me two other options...I could go home with a catheter for a week...or go home and void what I could on my own and have my husband insert a "residual" catheter every few hours to drain my bladder. I chose to come home and my husband was great about having to perform the "procedure"...he said it was much like having to syphon gas...(boys! haha). The doctor ordered home care to come in and deal with my bladder, but when they came, they advised that they can only teach the procedure to my spouse or to me and could not provide that service. They said if I had come home with a full catheter they could come in ( weird to me that they provide emptying urine bag service..but not actual inserting of catheter tube in my urethra...but who am I to challenge their reasoning?). Anyway, staff at hospital were wonderful...the idea of bringing a tin of candies worked out wonderfullly.....
I think the best thing I did for myself was to reduce and then eliminate all the medications they had me on while in the hospital...I was on a morphine pump, along with 2 percoccet and found that after I took the percoccet, I would get this nauseating hot sweat, vomiting period...then they'd fill my IV with gravol...and I'd pass out for 2 hours..then I'd wake up and the whole process would start over again... I finally decided to eliminate the percoccet and morphine and take my chances with the pain...and I felt much better... now that I'm home and eating...I've started taking 1 percoccet when needed.....
Anyway...great to be home...and great to be on the other side. It's so true that the waiting is the hardest part.... being on this side..and dealing with the frustrations of not being able to do much and the discomfort...is much much easier!
Thank you again for all your support before....I couldn't have done it without all of you....xoxo *hugs*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register