Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 102 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

elefante64: Yeah, I think I did do too much this weekend. It was only 3 weeks for me on Friday. I have an office job and am going to try two afternoons this week. I need to check on the computers since our virus program is getting ready to expire.
My mother in law lives with us (she is 91) and she went into the hospital last Wed. She is now in coronary care. My husbands niece just turned 20 and was diagnosed with leukemia around 6 months ago. She is not having a good time right now. We went over to help her celebrate her 20th birthday. I had not seen her in a few weeks and did not recognize her. It is so sad. My husband has had a lot to deal with. He is a pastor so it seems his family is always calling on him. He doesn't mind because he likes to be there for them, but here he is taking care of me, his mom, the members of our congregation and other family members. He is such a great guy. Today is our 30th wedding anniversary. (We were married when we were only 19!). We still plan on going out to dinner even with everything else going on.
Continue to heal and I will do the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 10:36 AM

hey elefen, according to our count here at home its 4 weeks for us today.
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:48 AM

Thank you for replying to my concerns. I made the call and am waiting for the office to return it. I received my FLMA papers and it also had some contradictions that need to be cleared up. I think doctors should have a complete list of do's and don'ts in their office to clear up everything and anything. I found the do and don'ts list on this site very helpful as well as the site for my husband. If I can find it again I am printing it out for him!

I guess I am so overwhelmed lately. Since the surgery I am experiencing low blood pressure, something that's very new to me, I've always had high blood pressure that's been under control with meds. I am under the care of a cardiologist and feel really old now. Dealing with a number of doctors is hard for me to keep a handle on things. I wish they could get together and talk about what the best treatment and recovery for me with me present..

My driving privileges were taken away since I am a risk to pass out in the car or when I stand. I feel like a prisoner in my own home. I feel like my friends and family are sick of listening to me complain and/or cry over this whole thing. It's true when I read the blog about people do not realize how major this surgery is and how it completely alters your life. I wish I could be me again.

Thank goodness a friend of mine told me of this site. I don't feel like a freak and it's comforting to hear the stories of other sisters experiences.

On the swelly belly/gas .... Philips Milk of Mag helped reduced the bloating and pain on my right side. I also drink 3 glasses of prune juice a day (one with every meal) to help keep things moving. It did help me, but I would ask your doctor about the laxative first.

Moe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 10:52 AM

I cannot IMAGINE going back to work before 6 weeks, and even then I have to wonder. I'm a 45-minute drive from work and I think the drive alone will be difficult. (I guess those of you who had a vaginal job will find it a little easier, but still I'm amazed at what you're doing.) As for sex -- my "friend" lives miles away and we only get together occasionally. I'm not so worried about intercourse (though that's scary too) as I am about how an orgasm will feel. At first I was worried about pain associated with orgasmic contractions but, hey, no uterus! It's going to feel very different.
As for HRT at age 53, BossLady, I guess it depends on how you and your doctor feel about that. From what you've said it seems your menopause was already well under way naturally, so you wouldn't be experiencing the same drastic "all of a sudden" change that other sisters are going through. I got through my menopause (age 51) without HRT, but we're all different, and I have a strong history of breast cancer in my family.
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:55 AM

MoeJoeDep, you are going through a really rough time...lots of hugs to you from Ottawa. It sounds to me that you really need someone to talk to -- not just we sisters, wonderful as we are -- but a professional. Meanwhile, try to find little ways to treat yourself. Get someone to give you fresh bedsheets regularly, light a scented candle, give yourself a facial, and above all try to smile as often as you can. Your hystersisters really care!
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Wow, Debbiefej....

You do have a lot going on. That is sad about all the illness in the family, from young people to older people. I am glad you/your DH can still have a little bit of celebration .. congrats on 30 years. I am so jealous! Here I sit alone...... ah, well..............good luck w/everything today. E.
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:08 AM

Phillipians, I still have a lot of trouble sleeping at night. I spend a few nights tossing, turning, wanting to stretch and afraid i'll pop everything tied up in my body, sometimes w/pains in strange places, like chest or neck or weird stuff like that.........I debate getting up for iboprophen and just hang in bed. Finally I sleep. By my 'exhausted' night i usually get in a GOOD sleep. I don't do well when no one is around, either. Teen is out almost every nite at someone's house for a sleepover and granddaughter only here on weekends, so being a single mom/grandmom..........i'm alone a lot right now and it's so strange for me. I'm used to people around. I should be enjoying it and at times i do but it's lonely, too, and so i have trouble sleeping for that, too.

If it's driving you mad, I'd say maybe post a new thread on insomnia issues and ideas and/or give the doc a call??

Good luck. I'll definitely be thinking of you tonite!

E.
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:12 AM

MoeJoDep glad you found this site. It has a wealth of info and you can start a new thread for assistance at any time. To go from high blood pressure and meds to low....(I'm envious being on the high end myself).... that must be a very big stress for your body, to be sure, esp. since you used to be on meds and now you say it's so low they took away your driving privileges. It definitely sounds like you need constant checks w/the doctor(s) to monitor your situation. I'm glad you are making a list of questions. And the overwhelming feeling can be common, too, esp. when people say you 'sound good' and don't understand how hard it is to heal after major surgery. I continue to maintain that even my essence of who I am is not the same bec. the anesthesia altered my persona.

Good luck today. Hang in there. You can always write in to this site and people will support you.

E.
55/TVH/CIN3/CIS clean path report
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:40 AM

I'm having huge problems w/ insomnia too. Mainly though, my brain just won't shut up. All these stupid things run through my head,, but I do have pain too. Nothing serious, just little twinges.
I takes a good two hours of lying there before I fall asleep, then when I do, I sleep for about an hour and half before I'm awake again and lay there another hour. Thats how it goes all night long.
I do take Tylenol PM occassionally and it does help, but I'm so afraid of becoming "addicted" to it.
If it doesn't improve soon, I will be contacting my doctor. But I'm hoping with being back on my "normal" schedule now, I'll get back into sleeping again. (not that I ever really did sleep real good, but at least better than I do now)
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:52 AM

That's true...the comment about 'not that I every really did sleep real good' quote. I never did, either. I woke up a zillion times to pee. I can 'hold it' a bit better, because the surgery changed it in there........ but it's true what you say, so I guess I should tell myself I shouldn't expect to sleep like a log because i never ever did. Single moms have to 'listen' 24/7 for noises in the night, I guess. My best sleep ever will be the one i had w/anesthesia, i suppose. How else could they bang my poor elbows around without me even noticing it until a week later!

Onward................I've got to 'study' and get these classes into order! And walk a bit. I haven't walked any laps today bec. of doing other stuff. I miss it.

E.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register