Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

way to go girlfriend. We are all doing great. I do understand what you are talking about with home health care they suck Because my incision was open the hospital wanted them to come in 3 times a day they stated they could only come once a day and then the ding bat women they sent was useless she did not know what she was doing. I am trying to find out why I am paying the rates I have to get the service. My DH was not able to do it he did it one time and because the incision was so deep and he saw that he was causing me pain he could not do it matter of fact he needed a drink after it was all said and done LOL. I still have not been able to get in the shower and that is driving me in sane because you are talking about a person that takes one in the am and one before bed time. Keep up the good work and just because you feel better do not over do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Disereestar1

Wow you had an eventful week! I am proud of you... it sounds a zillion times more complicated than my TVH the same date as yours. Staying in the hospital that long shows how much was done/how much healing is yet to come. I send you a hug and strength and luck w/the bladder and future healing. 'There's no place like home.' Glad your hospital experience was good. E
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:58 AM

Hi everyone,
I had my LAVH surgery on July 11th. My surgery was at noon and took almost 2 hours, I was in a lot of pain when I first woke up. I didn't see my dh until almost 4:30, I kept asking for him and they kept telling me ones I'm in my room he can come see me. Was able to eat some peaches and drank cranberry juice and lots of water. At 6:00 a.m. they took my morphin drip, oxygen and catherer out, and after breakfast I was able to walk around. First time going to the bathroom was with no success, then after that I went 3 times. They let me go home around noon, and I have been doing real well since. Since not walking real well, and have not had a bm since the surgery. But I can tell I'm feeling better each day, still taking pain medicine at home. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery.
M318
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 08:14 AM

Without this site I wouldn't have been as prepared as I was for all of this. Thanks to all for the tips. Quite frankly, I have never felt so lousy Certainly not feeling very princessy. Hate to whine to dh because he just keeps asking what he can do which, of course, is nothing. I think I'll have him take ds to the movie today. Yesterday he was doing household projects and rattling off a list of things he is going to do over the next few days (he took off until Wed)...I reminded him that I was not supposed to have any stress for the next several weeks
Hot tea is helping a bit. I am jealous of those of you who can eat, everything I eat is like swallowing battery acid.
Anyone recommend any good movies or books?
Unread 07-16-2007, 08:23 AM
reading material/movies??

A friend of mine is sending me a copy of 'your money or your life' (I think that's the title-i am always complaining about being a single mom w/not enough $$$ and too many people to supprot) and he says 'kite runner' is an excellent read. I can't drive to get kite runner until another week from today and by the time that other book comes (he ordered it) I might be all done convalescing! ** **.

Movies, don't know. I like to go to them with DGD (dear granddaughter?).... do you want to laugh or stay still while watching?

p.s. I like to read magazines. My attention span for books is always lagging....so magazines and newspapers and the crazier the magazines the better. Maybe your DH can go buy you a ton of mags to read. I had a stack ready and waiting when I came home. They helped me pass the time and keep my mind busy.
Unread 07-16-2007, 08:29 AM
6 days post op and doing fine!

Hi to everyone who has had recent surgery. I hope you are all doing well, especially the people I had been in contact with before the operation and had given such support.

I had a STAH for huge mutliple fibroids, endometriosis and ovarian cysts and now have a 8 inch incision...but I have to say I am doing really well. I have pain but its not bad and nothing like the period pain and endo pain I used to have.

I am 6 days post op now and up all day walking around the house. Although think I overdid it yesterday as very sore today and the pain is bad.

Hospital and nursing staff were wonderful and had so much suport and care. Feel truly lucky with my experience so far!

Hope you are all doing well, please post when you can and let us know how you are.

Hugs
Unread 07-16-2007, 08:31 AM

Hello "Byfaith", I had my abdominal bilateral hysterectomy done on 6 July as well...what a surprise it was for me... I knew I had a large mass onthe right side and I was ready for the right ovary to be removed, but after the surgeon took a peek inside he decided that the oopherectomy had to be done. He left the cervix in place though. I guess it's a good thing as it will prevent prolapse?? I don't know much about anything yet, I'm still working on my hyster-education. I hope you and all the oher hyster sisters who are recovering from a very recent surgery are doing well. I'm a little concerned about HRT... need to read more...

PS: I'm new to this site, but it's packed with great info. Thank you.
Unread 07-16-2007, 08:57 AM

Hi all,
Hard to believe that tomorrow already marks a week for me. I am already getting a little stir crazy but know not to over do it. I am amazed, however, that I feel as good as I do. I am not using anything other than Tylenol occasionally at this point and my "system" is working normally - no more gas X. I still don't have much of an appetite but I think this has a lot more to do with the heat we are experiencing in PA.

I am staying confined to my bedroom which is set up like a dorm - my son is home from college and I am using his laptop and mini frig. My family is raising a Seeing Eye puppy and he is a 6 month old golden lab who gets too excited when he sees me - although he isn't suppose to jump on people - he still attempts it with me and I can't risk it. He does get crated but since DH is home with me this week, I want the puppy to be able to have more out time. My other dogs don't jump but it gets too chaotic and I am better off staying in here.

Side Note to Sunny Bahrain - hello - it is so good to have seen your post - I was think of you especially and glad to know that all is well.

Many s to all my sisters.
Unread 07-16-2007, 09:28 AM

Hello everyone. I had LAVH on July 9th. I was in that hospital until Thursday. Even though I was having migraines (which I've never had before) and coughing horribly they still sent me home. Well, a few short hours later I ended up in the ER here in my hometown. Turns out the migraines were more than likely due to caffeine withdrawals (I'm a huge Mt Dew drinker) but I also have pnemonia. So I was in this hospital until yesterday morning. I'm sooo glad to finally be home. I still have to use that breathing thing (spiromoter???) but other than that, not feeling too bad. But I do remember thinking during those first 3 days that this was the worst thing ever!!! So even though now, looking back, I really don't remember that much, I do remember crying a lot...
I'm just super happy to finally be home.
Unread 07-16-2007, 09:45 AM

Wow, SaraJean. What an experience! I will never complain about my hysterectomy again. I remember crying a lot, too.........but only got to stay in the hospital one night. I couldn't pee well and they sent me home. They said 200 was the cutoff for staying another night (full bladder) and I was at 195..........owie. I hope the pneumonia eases and from all the days you spent in the hospital you really need to take it easy. I remember a nurse giving me an equation for how long recovery would take; I can't remember now if the equation was hours in surgery or days in hospital. Rats! Maybe it was two weeks per day in hospital so you really need your rest? It is good to see you checking in at the website. Take care. E.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register