Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 114 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Jennice ~ just saw your post on the progress thread ~ Congrats! I posted awhile back and "I still work too"

I still read over there but keep my posts to here cause it gets too time consuming!

Hope everyone had a great day...it is hot hot hot here...my dh's fav. saying is "It's hotter than Arizona asphault"

dh said 3 guys got treated for heat exhaustion today at work...my work is right next door to his and just as hot I know I couldn't handle it yet...I always tell him my place is hotter cause I work there AND we have hotter girls of course, he can't disagree LOL

Went to the pool today but kept it to splashing...hope dr. gives me the ok tomorrow...will let you all know how it goes later tomorrow...my appt. is 1:00! Hopefully that means I am first after lunch and I will get in and out quick!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 04:29 PM

E - that chest pain would scare the crap out of me.....
But you've had the tests done right? hmm......
You're so strong...

I did a big no - no. I vacummed. It needed so terribly bad. My golden retriever is shedding horribly and the carpet looked awful!!
I've been having these ******* shooting pains for two days now and they hurt so bad, so I guess I figured, wth, might as well add to it.

Okay, so is anyone as crabby as me??? I can't believe how snippy I am. I am (was) a very happy person before. People told me that all the time., Now, I'm just so mad at the world. Ugh. Hopefully it's just hormones and they'll calm down soon.
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:59 PM

SaraJean,
I am the opposite. I was a basket cae before my surgery. I felt like crying all the time or was either angry. At work, home, at the light, etc. Only time I felt relief was at church.
My moods r so much better now. I felt like I was suck in PMS. I have always suffered with PMS, but before surgery was like half the month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 05:08 PM

Ladies, Live:
I agree. Even though this surgery is left invasive, we still had an organ removed. Some people can go back to work in as little as 10 days. I would've gone back in 2 if I didn't have the time accrued. Gotta pay bills. Anyway, I am supposed to go back on Mon too. I have changed my dr. appt from this fri to next Tues (he only does surgery on Mon) and will go back to work wed, the 15th. That will be 5 wks. I left out on July 10th because of the bowel prep on Wed before surgery.
KTucker: Ask for more time if needed or do half days. My job in the summer is 4 10hr days (off fri). I will pass out if I have to go in Monday. Please be careful. Your surgery is the second to the LSH for being minimal, but a little harder because of the cervix.
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:43 PM

How come everyone is saying they are not supposed to vaccum? My Dr. told me over a week ago i could vaccum but only 1 room at a time with 20 min. break inbetween. So for over a week i've been vaccing. The only things i can't do yet is pick up more than 20lbs at a time, no baths yet and no sex yet. Although there is other fun things you still can do other than sex ha ha. Anyways went and got my granddaughter today. She has a cold and i think another earinfection again. So i told my ds and ddl and they will take her to the Dr. tonight. Otherwise she was very good. My best friend came over with her granddaughter who is just over 2 and the babies played. Plus my 2 dd's came over to help out they just love their little neice. I'm just alittle tired now. Belly is alittle swollen but does not hurt. Back still does though so i took some ibu's. I hope everyone had a great day today and stayed cool.
Unread 08-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Cleaning the house, etc.

A good evening to you all! I think the vacuum is a no no because in my case that darn machine weighs a LOT more than 20 pounds. I could never lug and drag that thing around the house. No way. Plus all the stretching w/my arm back/forth, pull, pull, pull. It doesn't sound healthy; i think riding a bike would be easier than using the vacuum.

re: chest pain my doctor always says i am in the 1% category for heart stuff so stop worrying about it. It comes and goes and my EKG in the hospital was just fine and i didn't have this issue really prior to surgery so i just chalk it up to weird stuff related to surgery. Today when i went to the food store i had a sharp needle type of pain in my abdomen and that was SO strange because i don't get a lot of pain. After a couple of min. it subsided. I was worried though that maybe something had happened in there. Everything else seems okay.

I still don't feel like eating but i force myself to. I still walk my 10,000 steps a day and drink a lot of water. My jaw/ gum is really sore today, too............must have gotten something in there between the teeth that irritated it. It's a dull ache. Ah, well...............it'll all work out.

My DD is very depressed; she has a 2 yr degree in graphic design and works for $10 / hr. selling jewelry in a big store and is a single mom herself and she went all the way to the top for a big job thru interviews but didn't get it and so i'm trying to cheer HER up tonite via phone but it's not easy.

Lots of sighs on my end. Well, now my Dteen is home w/a friend who's spending the nite. I'm going to see if they put out the garbage and recycling the 'right way' and then i'll give them the computer so a good evening to you all until tomorrow, because once they get on here there's no chance for me to be on again! That's the way it is.

Sweet dreams........esp. to those who have trouble sleeping.......... (like me, too, esp. in a small townhouse w/two teen girls making noise all nite)...........E.
Unread 08-08-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW1961
How come everyone is saying they are not supposed to vaccum? My Dr. told me over a week ago i could vaccum but only 1 room at a time with 20 min. break inbetween. So for over a week i've been vaccing. The only things i can't do yet is pick up more than 20lbs at a time, no baths yet and no sex yet. Although there is other fun things you still can do other than sex ha ha. Anyways went and got my granddaughter today. She has a cold and i think another earinfection again. So i told my ds and ddl and they will take her to the Dr. tonight. Otherwise she was very good. My best friend came over with her granddaughter who is just over 2 and the babies played. Plus my 2 dd's came over to help out they just love their little neice. I'm just alittle tired now. Belly is alittle swollen but does not hurt. Back still does though so i took some ibu's. I hope everyone had a great day today and stayed cool.

The only thing the dr told me not ti do was sex. Everything else was "listen to your body". Well, my body is saying no vacuuming and no lifting or pushing.
I made it through the first day of school but I am SO tired. I was hurting a bit but I think it was from leaning forward at my desk. I did stay at my desk most of the time. Thank goodness dh wants to go out to dinner, I'm sure I couldn't come up with anything here.
Dh wants to have a garage sale Saturday, pray for rain....I'm not ready for a garage sale.
Unread 08-08-2007, 06:18 PM

Glad you made it thru work today, Capt. Crunch. A garage sale? How would you get everything ready? And put out tables and lug it all around and sit/ barter/sell? I cannot even fathom it. I will pray for rain. Hope you aren't anywhere near MN, as it is SO dry here. We are actually praying for storms and rain. A garage sale? Incredible. Tell him fine, he can have one/ do one and you are going to "X" location while he does it all and you will return in the evening. I consider myself to be semi superwoman and NO WAY could I do it.

A good evening to you...................E.
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:42 PM

Captain Crunch--congrats on getting through your first day back at school!!Mine will be on Friday (officially back to work, although no students until the 20th)
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:55 PM

I went to my 4 week post op visit today. The doctor congratulated me for coming along so well. My blood pressure was a little high (which is not usual for me) but the doctor said not to worry. He could tell that I was very anxious today because of the anticipation over "internal" examination. Guess what? It didnt hurt! I found out that the discharge/bleeding that I have been having is indeed due to some stitches that were not yet healed/dried. He cauterized them (I was panicking through this but it didnt hurt). He cleared me for driving and lifting, although he said to take it easy with the lifting and not to lift anything heavy right away. No relations with dh yet.....He suggested to wait until I'm at 6 weeks. He also said I'm good to start my school year on the 20th. That was definitely happy news for me.
I did want to tell everyone that I went back into my classrom for more setup today and stayed about 2 hours. I've been going in for 2 hours each day this week. I felt great!!! I've been feeling very good today OH, on the downside----I definitely have a swelly belly. I tried on some of my clothes today and nothing fits around the waist, yet i lost 4 pounds!!! The dr. said swelly belly is normal and should go down in time. I dont like the swelly belly ! Law--sounds like you had a nice day with your grandaughter. I can tell we're all getting so busy with our lives again. Its a good sign. I'm a little hyper tonite which is not usually my personality

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register