Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 119 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

LaRae: hmmmm. I am thinking of how to help you bec. those people think you are fully healed after you showed up looking so fine at work. Tell them you made a HUGE mistake and thought you could 'fake it' and that you collapsed when you got home (which you did, basically) and that you still have doc's permission to be out X number of days until you return to full steam. I mean, really, it's only four weeks for you tomorrow. Goodness! Tell them your abdomen exploded from swelly belly when you got into your recovery outfit at home.

Take care. Rest up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 02:23 PM

Jennice -
I had my internal yesterday and it wasn't bad at all. Doctor cleared me for everything and doesn't need to see me for 6 months.
Unread 08-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Hello everyone

I'am doing great and I can't believe it! I went from drainage tubes and walker to feeling so much better this last week. I'am not using walker anymore! Dr released me to drive! I'am able to walk and get out of the house. Not having any bowel pain any more what a relief. I go back to work 09/09/07 doctor will not release me until then. Upped my hormones and doing well on them.

I had my electric box, alarm system, phone, and internet cut and stolen. Came home to no electricity last Thursday night. We weren't the only ones in our neighborhood. Investigator feels we may have boched an burgeraly (spelling) attempt . Today a wk later they replaced our internet lines. So haven't been able to post. The police were so nice they circled our home hourly while we waited for electric company to replace the box..They didn't come until 900am so sat in a very hot house and felt awful!! Hubby would have taken me somewhere but they told us someone needed to be there and they kept saying in an hour until 9 hrs later!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 03:44 PM

Geez...sorry to hear about your ordeal. But very glad to hear you are doing better! Today was the first day that I could drive myself and I can tell you I got out pretty early to run a few errands.
Unread 08-09-2007, 03:48 PM

Hi everyone,
Tommorrow is the big day-go to the MD. I have my list of questions, hopefully everything will be okay with the path reports and I can get on with life.
I feel I have been in a holding pattern for the last 4 weeks.
I don't know if its my nerves, but today I have been depressed and anxious at the same time.
Not quite sure I want to go back to work next week, after reading the posts where people think everything is okay if you do go back. I think I am going to take the following week for me. I don't know-boy I feel I'm in a fog haven't been able to make a clear decision all day. to all Diane
Unread 08-09-2007, 04:35 PM

Good luck w/your path report tomorrow, happy at fifty. Let us know how it turns out.

Sorry about the robbery Setrimacoky...what an ordeal!

And Reliefisdue...glad you are finally out and tooling about driving. Ya know, sometimes I still get a twinge when I'm driving. It's weird. So be prepared. Just when you think everything is A-okay..........

All my tinging seems to be gone for now. There 'must' be stitches still in there bec. the doc said there were 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen a thing come out. Maybe they all mysteriously dissolved. Maybe when I try bike riding this weekend they will pop. We'll see.

A good evening to you all. Hope you can all sleep well. I still have trouble sleeping, but I had that problem BEFORE I went to the castle!
Unread 08-09-2007, 04:37 PM

Great news, Reliefisdue! I think I need to go in every 3 months. I'll recheck that 8/31 when I visit my doc on his LAST day / his retirement day. Then I'm on my own to find a new person. Good luck to me. They don't make recommendations in my plan. I guess it's like when I don't tell students which teacher they should take. We all have different likes and dislikes.

A good evening to you all.

I posted on post op...when I was driving this afternoon, sometimes i still get a little twinge or pain once in awhile. It reminds me I'm four weeks and a few days post op.
Unread 08-09-2007, 04:55 PM

Hi everyone. I got busted at work yesterday for being on this website. Of course my boss is so timid that he didn't know what to say. I spose seeing "HysterSisters" kinda made him feel a little awkard, but he just gave me the look. So I stayed off today.
Anyways, sounds like everyone is doing really well. That is so awesome. I decided today too that I was going to start feeling well too. (trying to play the mental thing ya know). But really I do.
Still have the sharp shooting pains but it will get better, I know it.
Heck w/ all of us ladies praying for each other , no wonder we're all doing good. Ahh, the power of prayer!!
We're taking the boys to a new water park about an hour from here this weekend. And it hit me last night, "can I even get in the water?". So I called the nurse today and she gave me the ok! I can take baths now too!! Woo-hoo!! So guess what I'm doing tonight? Oh yeah, long relaxing bath!!

Just wanted to check in. I keep falling further and further behind in these threads.
Have a great night all. I'm going to go get some of that melatin. Sounds like a good thing......
Thanks for all of the advice. You guys really are the best!!
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:48 PM

Hi there happy. If you haven't already gone through menopause, a foggy brain is a symptom. For me, it didn't last long, but I had spells when I thought I was really and truly losing it. Enjoy the freedom of driving, Setrimacocky. I live alone and am used to my independence, so it's great to be able to run little errands on my own. I also drive to parks, then get out and walk for a bit. Wonderful!
I have now had two good days in a row and feel like a million bucks. I still get enough twinges and heavy fatigue to let me know I'm not there yet -- but doing so much better!
Hugs to all and have a great evening.
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:58 PM

I'm on hormones, and I'm still finding myself slipping into hot flashes and becoming moody for no real reason. I wanted to cry like everything was wrong in the world when my son hurt himself earlier and I couldn't pick him up to comfort him. Luckily DH was around to get him out of the sticky situation (he got his little arm stuck in a sliding door! I think he twisted his elbow, but everything is moving the way it should--I almost busted the glass out of the door to get him out though!) and cuddle, but it hurt my heart that I couldn't follow instinct to do that same thing.

Is anyone else on hormones still experiencing mood swings?

And, the pain is still there. I don't think it's bowel related--I definitely don't need softeners (I know, TMI!)! The IBS takes care of that--I may just be moving too much or something.

Thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register