Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Just a new update for my LSH surgery. I am 4 days post-op and feeling good today. I think that Sat and Sun I over did it a bit. I didn't take any naps during the day (not my style) and was sitting up entertaining or either on the phone. I know that things will settle down once all my loved ones know that I am getting better. It just wipes you out. You guys are great also, because you can relate. I felt really bad last night and get tired in the evenings. I haven't gone out since I got in fri morning. I am going for a short walk around the subdivision shortly because yesterday my ankles looked a little swollen. Hmmph, and I thought that was the purpose of those loud a** boots I wore in the hospital. I climbed the steps too much this weekend and WILL NOT go up more than 3X from now on. Now that it is a work week, it will be more quiet around here. My DS and BF are at work. I hope to be back on my feet when my DS goes back to college next month. My swelly belly is going down especially after that blow out BM yesterday (Icouldn't stop). So be careful if you use MOM, don't down the whole cup like I did because it works and that was 3 inches right there....LOL
P.S. Ladies, is it too personal to place in your signature what hyster you had and for what reason. It helps the newbies decide. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 11:55 AM

Hey Jennice41, I don't think it's too personal at all. I think you were the first person I communicated with because I saw LSH for Fibroids! That's what I have...and it is very nice to talk to someone with the same surgery.... I'm feeling really good today, but as I earlier posted my 20 yr old was in the ER last night with severe upper GI pains...so maybe I'm hyped up on nervous energy.... We're going to a GAstro guy on Wed. my girlfriend is driving us.... I think my daughter is fine and just had a stomach virus that didn't present itself like it should have with vomitting and diaharrea... but have to have it checked.
Be careful...don't do too much because as you probably have noticed you'll feel it the next day. I try to do the stair only once in the morning and once at night. and don't lift anything at all heavy... My belly is getting smaller thank God and I'm pooping great now...but will stay with the fiber and lots of water. Nice to Chat with you.

Eileen
LSH for Fibroids Uterus Cantelope size...not too bad I guess
Unread 07-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Day 7 TAH/LSO

Day 7 and doing fairly well. I have stayed the upstairs the entire week and just walked around my upstairs level. Every day brings something different. Yesterday, my incision burned!! It was hot to the touch and felt like the end of a heated shovel was pressing into my incision. Today it's better.

I have a big swelly belly and the incision itself is turning hard. My doctor sent me home on Augmentin for 10 days so hopefully I won't get an infection. I'm eating yogurt and taking a "ProBiotic" supplement to counteract the loss of good bacteria.

I am seriously contemplating a trip downstairs but may wait until tomorrow. Hmm...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 02:23 PM

Hello everyone. I had just my uterus removed and that was on the 12th. I had it done with the three little incisions (laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy OR LSH Here is the actual video presentation of this procedure for those of you with a strong stomach).

http://www.obgyn.net:80/hysterectomy...ysterectomy_wm )...one in the belly button, and 2 on either side.

My uterus was 1 pound and 5X the size of a normal uterus. I have been feeling rather well and in fact, 8 hours after I got off the surgery table, I was taking a shower and 16 hours after that, I was home. Today, though, I woke up with a fever of 100.6 and emailed my doc (since he is in Spain for his 20th anniversary). By the time I took my temp again, it was 101.0. He immediately emailed me back asking for a pharmacy number. He believes I got a urinary tract infection for the Folay catheter. I don't remember a catheter. Do they use that just when you are under? About fever, has anyone developed that on the 4th day, but not before? And if so, what did your doc do? Good luck everyone. Other than that, I am in pretty good shape considering my old body (50 years), and am keeping any pain down with Lortabs 10/500 every 4 hours.
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:13 PM

Good for you!! I am feeling almost exactly as you having had surgery on the 9th. My post op was today, tested my catheter (still in place) but encouraged, that it is doing as well as expected. So glad that we have our faith and wonderful husbands. May your healing progress positively!!!
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:06 PM

I remember the catheter, esp. when my doctor 'tore' it out the less than 24 hours after surgery! Bladders can 'spasm' or not empty and/or get infections .. glad your doctor is responding so quickly and even from out of the country, too!
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:07 PM
New Question

Thank you to the person who suggested the GingerAle and tea bag (ds thought the small eruption was cool). Anyway, you have saved me as my stomach pain is pretty much gone. I do have something new today though (day 3)....like muscle spasms in my abdomen and vagina. Please tell me that is a sign of healing. Feels kinda weird.

TVH for prolapse, small fibroids and polyp.
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Home from TAH/BSO

I had my surgery on Friday, just got home yesterday & been staying on my pain meds. The operation went smoothly, and I'm on track for recovery. Still waiting on the pathology reports to find out exactly what was going on (cancer, endo, ????) It's encouraging to read everyones progress reports & know that things only get better from here. My Mom (who had LAVH 3 years ago) is taking good care of me. I've had a little bit of swelling around the incision, but keeping a cool pack on it helps. I'm kinda bored when I'm awake, so I'll probably be on here quite a bit

Get Well wishes to all my hyster sisters!
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Ginger Ale and Tea Bags --who would have thought!

Hey Capn Crunch, So glad that worked for you. I found that suggestion somewhere on this wonderful website and it certainly worked for me. Tastes good too.
As far as the Spasms...it sounds like part of the healing to me. Mine was LSH so I have pulling/tight feeling at incision sites but the vag is fine since it wasn't touched. I think that the swelling inflamation is probably slowly subsiding and now you actually feel the healing happening.

Glad to hear you and everyone else are doing so well. We'll all be dancing again real soon!
Unread 07-16-2007, 06:25 PM

wow what great information Lin, that is an excellent idea. thank you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register