Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 121 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Evening all. I had a totally crap day. My supervisor asked how I was feeling and I told her I was just tired. She says well I don't know why you don't just stay home, I took off 3 weeks ( no she didn't, came in early and ended up in the ER). Anyway, she started railing about how they could manage without me, it wasn't like she couldn't do my job or they could just call the help desk like they are supposed to. OMG my coworker was just standing there speechless. She just loves to tell people how unnecessary they are. I know it just bothers her that more people call me for assistance than her. Not my fault. Five years I've been putting up with it...UGH. Ds will graduate this year, maybe I can move to a new job or she will leave. It's going to be a looooong school year. :burning:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2007, 05:29 AM
good morning!!

Good morning ladies. It pored buckets here in PA yesterday and last night. We sure needed it too. Yesterday i spent all day at home anyways making chicken wings for my best friend house warming party for saturday. I slept great last night. My dh popped in yesterday from work to make sure i was fine and to take out the garbage. So my DD lucked out and didn't have to drag the garbage down front to curb. O well i have banking and stuff to do today. I need to get a few things for monday cuz i go back to work just partime only 3 days next week for about 3-4 hours each of them days. Light duty only 20lbs or less. Everyone have a great day and i'll talk more later.
Unread 08-10-2007, 05:39 AM

Captain Crunch -
I am so sorry about your situation. You obviously are the "point person" and are probably very knowledgeable. Your supervisor, instead of seeing this as an asset, may see this as a "threat".

There have been a few of us on this website that for one reason or another are re-evaluating our current work situations. I don't know if having a little time off has allowed for us to really give some thought to what we are doing with our lives. I was really considering finding something else myself, but when a co-worker stopped by yesterday with a card signed by everyone at work, I realized that I miss them. The actual work I do - well, I need to refocus I guess - and create some new goals.

If you have been dealing with your situation for five years - it will probably not change. Is there anyone you could talk to, or possibly talk to her privately about your observation? She may be your supervisor by title, but you are both human beings and maybe she is reaching beyond the scope of her position. Your work environment shouldn't be one that you dread. (my two cents and I know that it is easier said then done but have been in your shoes)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2007, 06:04 AM

Good morning all,
Well, I'm going to share - had "relations" this AM for the first time since before the surgery and it wasn't bad at all. No pain and no spotting afterward. Poor DH was very nervous and afraid that he was going to hurt me. It was a good experience and can only get better!
Unread 08-10-2007, 06:32 AM

Those of you that had a UTI or bladder infection, what were the symptoms?
I have my post op next week on Thurs (will be 5 wks next wk), it would have been scheduled for 4 wks but my doctor is on vacation. I really don't want to have to see anyone else - but here are my symptoms and I'm trying to wait until next week - so far since home from surgery I only had to take meds for 2-3 days. I've been feeling pretty good (Hav TAH on July 13 - cervix too but kept ovaries) - two days ago I had pink - now brownish when wipping - called doctors office and told that was normal - now in the evenings I also have headache, pain in vag. area and nausea. I had a 99 temp, which I guess isn't really a temp. I don't know if this sounds like an infection or just part of the healing. The motrin helped last night and now this morning I have no symptoms (yet). I wonder if I should just wait until next week. My nephew is getting married and we have a rehearsal dinner tonight and wedding tomorrow so I don't want to get sick and miss it all, but I think if I take the motrin I will be o.k. Thing is I don't want anything worse to happen if I do have an infection. It doesn't burn when I urrinate, it did one time a few days ago, but I've been making sure I'm drinking water and now it doesn't burn. Any suggestions?
Unread 08-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Found you!

OK, finally after searching last night for an hour looking for the sisiters chat area... I woke up this am and typed it in the search area and wella

I go to my 4 week check up today and for those of you that share the 13th with me....Happy Anniversary!!!! I feel really good. I still do get reminded like when I had to sit through 2 and half hour meeting at my daughters school last night. My back starts a dull ache and a few cramps here and there. I do get alot of walking in.

Simply Me
Unread 08-10-2007, 06:48 AM
infection

debbiefej- Do you have a foul odor to the discharge? I thought I had a uti and didn't. It was a vaginal cuff infection.
There was a foul odor to the discharge I had. At first I thought it was just the healing process, because I did hear it can have a faint foul odor to it normally. But I could smell it when moving around. I was changing the pad every time I went to the bathroom, because of the odor, not because there was a lot of discharge there.

36 hours after being on the antibiotic, I started to feel better. I also had quite a bit of pelvic pain and pain when I emptied my bladder. I knew there was something going on when I would have pain just laying in bed. I also had the heavy vaginal feeling and pain in the vagina. He said it was due to the swelling the infection caused.
Hope that helps, hope you feel better!!
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:12 AM

Relief ~ We share the same surgery date ~ I had my 4week post of yesterday and he did internal and said everything is healed and cleared me for everything except said still wait till 6weeks for s*x...and 8weeks to return to work...I've been so good about obeying his orders (I'm usually one to do what I want when I want LOL)...just wondering what type surgery you had and if he ok'd you...I've had zero discharge/bleeding since like 3 days after surgery, and everything feels back to normal, like amazingly normal...me and dh have "fooled around" <---nicely put, many times for a couple weeks now...I didn't question dr. on why he says wait and was just wondering what your dr. said about it...I have no doubt it would feel fine <---again nicely put LOL...hmmmm just wondering!
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Greetings this Friday morning

Capt.Crunch: how sad that your supervisor is so cruel. Obviously she has never learned her lessons about how to nurture and bring out the best in employees. It's a miracle anyone does anything for her the way you describe it. My sympathies go to you and hopefully the year will not be as looooong as you think it will. HER supervisor should know how hurtful she is.

Simplyme: hope you have a great 4-week checkup/report. Keep us posted.

Law: congrats on getting some rain out your way. Here in MN we are going into serious drought mode. They put rain in the forecast and it never seems to fall. We've got a 40% chance of ugly storms tonight. Bring them ON. But they always say it and nothing falls. We are now almost five inches in deficit and that is VERY bad, esp. for farmers.

I wrote to emails/posted to my health provider last night. My records show I don't need a pap again until 2011. That does not make sense. The OB said every 3 mo. this year and then every single year forever more. I also wrote one asking for a copy of the path report, which i hope to collect at my 'final check' w/my OB as he retires 8/31. This site helped me gather strength to write those 2 emails.

Today i have done one load of laundry (it's in the dryer) and I've walked 3 miles (6 laps before the heat is too unbearable) and have to do one way driving duty for DD to the Mall of America (i know it's a tourist attraction, but yuck I hate going out there).......... and lots of other duties... nurturing poor DD who didn't get a plum job she tried for and who works her minimum wage/has chronic health issues....and having Dgd for the weekend as usual and ...

I read part of the paper this morning. That is a step in the right direction. It's sad news, though.......now that the Navy and FBI are here they are beginning to find more victims in the river from the bridge collapse.

HAVE A GOOD FRIDAY ALL MY SISTERS. Today I had NO chest pain while doing my 3 miles, so that is good. And I had NO discernable spotting from my 1 mile bike ride last evening. Hooray!
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:32 AM

Well, now I'm feeling discouraged Most of you seem to be OK for sex, bike riding, mountain climbing etc. (well, maybe not mountain climbing). I'm moving around a lot more now, but still very conscious of a sort of tightness and at least 1-2 times a day of downright pain (especially in the evening). Congrats to all who are doing so well Meanwhile, I'll contiue to enjoy this beautiful summer and try to be patient. Have a great day, everyone

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register