Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 125 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Yippee!!! I Am Free!!!!!

Hi Sisters!
I went for my 4 week check today and I have the OK to go back to my regular activities
He has lifted all restrictions and told me to go back at it slowly
I guess he knows me too well!!! I feel like a new woman! Going out to celebrate tonight, have a margarita, and who knows what else..... DR. B says I control when that can occur

The exam did not hurt one bit like it did a week ago. He said it was the inflamation from the cellulitis and infection that was causing the pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

That is great news, simplyme. You go and celebrate and who knows. I hope that I will be as blessed as you, gemini, & relief, Elefant.

Pray for me on Tuesday. I am happy for you all. Don't you ladies drink and mix the pain meds though........smile.
Unread 08-10-2007, 05:06 PM

Hooray Simplyme! Congrats/Bravo! Have a good trip, Jennice!

I've been running around all day I feel. I'm pretty much 'normal' except for the no lifting rule...........and since I don't have a DH there's no one bugging me too much for you know what.............a good Friday nite to you all as you continue to heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2007, 06:04 PM

Yay SimplyMe! Another graduate
I'm not there yet, but definitely making progress, and that's what matters. Enjoy your dinner out, and also the "whatever"
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:23 PM

This has nothing to do with any healing. My stupid black lab got sprayed again by a skunk tonight. This is her 4th time this summer. You would think by now she would learn to run the opposite way. I'm getting so sick of the smell. Thank goodness for this stuff called skunk out. You have to spray it on them a couple of times but it does work. So tonight she will sleep in the kitchen, blocked off from the rest of the house. She usually sleeps in my room with the other dog that is a collie/husky mixed. Wow the smell i'm getting a headache.
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Good thing you ate that pizza!

Good thing you ate that pizza, Law! You needed that energy to deal w/the dog/skunk incident. Hope your dog doesn't cry all night missing you! Take care.

I told my granddaughter we could bike. She goes faster than I but lucky for me she only wanted to do 2 laps. Hooray. Then I walked one lap by myself. I sure hope it rains. They are saying even storms. But everytime they say it will rain, nothing hits us in our area. And I debated: leave the car out of the garage in the townhouse parking lot and risk storm damage or put it in a garage where if the power goes out then no way on earth could i ever, ever get the door up without the power and just using my post surgery strength. It's a double door! So.....staying outside in the lot won. At least I remembered to close the car windows.....

Everyone have a great Friday evening.
Unread 08-10-2007, 10:02 PM

Bopper, I feel like we're in the same boat. I tried driving a half an hour today on a one hour 45 minute trip, and I am completely wiped out. DH's siblings were all going to be together. I went to eat supper with them and almost fell asleep on the couch. I love hanging out with his siblings, since we only see a few of them once a year, but I had to ask him to take me to my parents' house, where I am in PJ's and ready for my final pain medicine before I konk out.

We just have to remember that everyone heals differently.

There is one good thing--I've had so much trouble sleeping the last two nights that I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight!

Also, to whoever was wondering about HRT, it's okay, but I don't know how well it works sometimes. I'm on the Vivelle Dot. Yesterday was a bad day for some reason, but today is much better. I've had the patch since day one--in fact, when I got moved to my room from recovery in the castle, I remember them sticking the patch on as my first memory. I didn't discuss with my doctor before hand, but I think because I'm so young, he didn't want to shock me into menopause. I know yesterday could have been a fluke "off" day, but didn't someone somewhere say HRT could take up to three months to work effectively?
Unread 08-11-2007, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliefisdue
Captain Crunch -
I am so sorry about your situation. You obviously are the "point person" and are probably very knowledgeable. Your supervisor, instead of seeing this as an asset, may see this as a "threat".

There have been a few of us on this website that for one reason or another are re-evaluating our current work situations. I don't know if having a little time off has allowed for us to really give some thought to what we are doing with our lives. I was really considering finding something else myself, but when a co-worker stopped by yesterday with a card signed by everyone at work, I realized that I miss them. The actual work I do - well, I need to refocus I guess - and create some new goals.

If you have been dealing with your situation for five years - it will probably not change. Is there anyone you could talk to, or possibly talk to her privately about your observation? She may be your supervisor by title, but you are both human beings and maybe she is reaching beyond the scope of her position. Your work environment shouldn't be one that you dread. (my two cents and I know that it is easier said then done but have been in your shoes)
Well, get this...she actually apologized this morning. I was honest and told her that she just had a way of making me feel totally unnecessary and it really hurt. We'll see how long it lasts. At least she made an effort.
Unread 08-11-2007, 01:49 AM

Just a reminder ladies...still take it easy. I am at 4 weeks today and still get so tired. Today was a regular work day. We tried for over 2 hours to have a meeting but I was up and down helping kids then got called out twice to a classroom then the office. Finally sat down and got called to test a server so up and down for that. 8 hours of that then I had to get gas, go to the bank, drive downtown to pick up dh then we went to a baseball game. I did fairly well (except that I could feel things swelling) until about 9:00 when I started getting little muscle cramps in my abdomen where my uterus was. Not painful, just weird. I have no spotting, just the swelly belly
We had a great time so it was worth it...hope to spend tomorrow laying around. I told dh to not even think of getting up and doing chores.
Unread 08-11-2007, 05:55 AM
glad you got your apology!

Glad you got your apology CaptCrunch! And good reminder about going all out and getting tired. I was very busy yesterday. Now I've got some spotting/brown tinge but it doesn't bother me as I know from the posts it's pretty common.

I got back posts from doc that i can get copy of path report and that yes, i have to have LOTS of paps in the future because of my CIN/CIS status........and we'll discuss 8/31.

It stormed like mad out from 2 a.m. onward. I went out at 2:30 to put the car in the garage and pray the power wouldn't go out. A neighbor was out there enjoying the light show. Good grief. I told him i'd probably find his charred bones out there this a.m.

I dragged my own bones out of bed w/little sleep to go walk w/a neighbor. She wants to walk and so we are setting off soon. I reminded her I cannot keep up w/her fast pace, though. Hopefully we will do 3 mi. in one hour. We shall see. I am very tired this a.m. Too many girls who don't go to bed at decent hours around here (a 9 yr old and two 14 year olds...one mine, one visiting and the 9 yr old is the dear granddaughter who spends weekends w/me)...

Off I go.

Everyone take it easy and again, nice to hear you are appreciated at work, CaptCrunch!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register