Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 126 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-11-2007, 06:51 AM
I did it:)

Well, we did "IT" last night and it was a piece of cake. My DH has been so good to me the entire 4 weeks. I am going to miss the pampering from him. Just those things like packing the car to head up north...yuk, now I am going to have to do it again
Anyone else feel that way? I wish I could have the 3rd week back again, only this time without my parents here(they caused way too much stress and I did way too much for them) and also i just did not feel good the entire week with the infection. I got ripped of!
I am lucky tho, that I can still lay around if I choose to do so for the remainder of the summer. My work situation is different. i really do not consider it work.
elefante64-- You got rain? Lucky you! I am in Green Bay, WI and did not get any! It is aweful! Our lawn is dead in the front. In order to water, I put the hose out on each plant and just move it around our yard. It sure beat carrying the watering can!!!
Now that i am doing good, I can go out and do a raindance Maybe that will help! Luckily my kids are not here to watch

Have a great day, I am off to the cottage to lay around again!
SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Yep we got rain

Yep.........we are about five inches in the hole and in severe drought mode here in the Twin Cities area. A nice huge storm came thru at 4 a.m. I'm surprised you don't have anything over there in WI. I know some parts of your state are getting belted. We have a 40% chance of more rain. We need LOTS more so I will do some rain dancing myself.

I walked 3 mi. in an hour w/a neighbor. The dewpoint is 70 out there so it's very muggy. I'm happy I got the walk in, though, before all the sleeping beauties wake up in this house and start clamoring for attention/rides, etc.

Glad 'it' went so smoothly for you............nice to hear, Simplyme...I can't believe this summer is almost over, either. I've got my all day windows 07 training Wed. and then full time starting 8/22. I know I'm going to be tired, so i look at all these laps i'm walking as training!

Have a good weekend..

p.s. i don't even try to water anything except one little flower in a pot outside. Everything is dead here. I have lots of nice indoor plants but don't even care if my lawn is green. There are watering bans that 99% of the neighbors refuse to follow and I'm worried my drinking water will shrink if everyone keeps watering so much. Don't feel bad about the lawn; mine got very happy with the rain just from this morning and like i said we are about 5 inches behind normal. Every drop helps.
Unread 08-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Looks like Green Bay has a 40% chance of storms later today. I hope you get something. I just checked local news bec. i was so surprised the power stayed on and 100,000 people lost power this a.m. And out in one southern metro suburb power poles fell/roofs were damaged...the straight line winds were WICKED. I'm glad they were 'tamer' over in my neighborhood. It's a miracle my lights are still on. There's quite a bit of damage. I wish when we prayed for rain it didn't come w/such stormy violence!

Again, a good Saturday to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2007, 08:44 AM

I hope you slept well, knittinmanatee. I managed sleep without pain killers last night and so far haven't needed anything today. It feels like everything inside is tied together with a big rubber band...a sort of stretching feeling. I'm off for a walk in the woods. Have a great day everyone.
Unread 08-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Hey, my dog (golden retriev) was barking last night & I thought I could smell a skunk!
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:07 AM

Ele. glad you finally got some rain although you didn't need them kind of storms. Don't let the girls run you down to much as we know girls can do. We were young ourselves once and actually still are. ha ha Well it looks like i got to spray my stupid lab with that skunk out stuff again she still smells. She wined alittle bit last night in the kitchen. She is 5 years old and always slept upstairs with us. But just having her in the house even after a bath last night the whole house smells. Not really bad but its just that smell. 4 times this summer already. And the other dog (collie) just 1 times. Although her fur is about 5-6 inches thick so it makes the skunk spray even worse. O well i'm going to a all day cook out. Beer and wings and gorgeous weather to boot. She has horses and i would love to ride them but Dr. said another 2 weeks and i can ride but still take it easy. Everyone have a nice day.
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Good Saturday Morning, Everyone

Well, I've done 4 miles so far and it's 10 a.m. I dragged myself out of bed to walk w/a neighbor from 8-9 and I made HER do 6 laps. Then I just did another 2 right now. It's sooooooooo hot and humid. We had big storms roll thru at 4 a.m. 100,000 people have no power; I'm glad I still do. I ended up going outside at 2 a.m. when I first sensed the bad weather coming and put the car in the garage. I was worried if the power goes then I can't get the car OUT and people are always begging me for rides. Well, it's still in there and we may get more storms. I've got a neighbor lined up to get the door up if the electricity goes.

I've trimmed some of my indoor plants today, took out a LIGHT bag of garbage to the bin in the garage, and did those 4 miles so now I'm 'chillin' at my turn on the computer.

It's true we all heal very differently. Oh, and the doc's office posted back to me on the web that even though it says no paps until 2011 for me that's a generic message for 'healthy' people.........oy. And I will definitely get a copy of my path report at my 8/31 visit to the OB.

Happy Saturday to you all. Take it easy, and I will do the same, even if I do sneak in a bike lap or two!
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:20 AM

Hey, I may be silient but I am still listening, thanks for your progress reports it helps motivate me. I still have pinching at top of legs & hips when I walk but I forced myself to go for a short one last night. Sitting is the worst for me, pubic area kills after a few mins, I sometimes stand to type on computer or take small breaks.
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:24 AM

Yes, it's gonna kill me to be at work. The chairs I discovered last Mon. / Tues. when I went in to do a bit of prep...the chairs are SO big and heavy and so are all the doors. I never noticed stuff like that when I was pre surgery. I know I will be exhausted for several weeks when I get back into it, and that's even w/my current regimen of trying to walk my 10,000 steps per day. Today is a twingy kind of day... little twinges here, there, everywhere. Yesterday I did have some light brown tinges on my pad... but as posted earlier i don't worry about it too much.

Good Saturday again to us all and happy/healthy healing.............
Unread 08-11-2007, 11:38 AM

Happy Saturday, everyone. It's a beautiful day here in Ottawa. I drove to a wooded area with marked trails and strolled for half an hour, taking pictures and just enjoying life. Then I went to stock up on wine (carried just 2 bottles at a time) and now I think I'll put my feet up for a while. No real pain, though, just that tightness that feels like a big rubber band inside. No pain killers since this time yesterday -- a record
I hope you're all feeling good. Think back 4 weeks and celebrate how far we've come

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register