Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 128 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Hello Everyone

How nice, SunnyBahrain, that you are finally having a few days with little/no pain. Wonderful compared to those earlier posts!!

I was exhausted yesterday. Little sleep due to big storms coming thru here Sat. evening (from drought to 105,000 people with no lights, some not until tomorrow)... and walking my 8 laps, two laps on bike w/little one, helping to shovel up junk that was clogging a main artery street drain (I made sure the shovel was lightweight and so was the stuff we were cleaning up so water could flow during storms)..... i was just so very very tired. I crashed into bed at 9.

Today it's already 7 and I have not walked or showered or ANYthing, yet. I can't believe I start back to work in 1.5 weeks. Sigh. I know I will be exhausted for the entire semester. I'm already planning on it. I will have to be protective of myself, which isn't something I ever do. However, I will try. And all the laps will cease. I'll be lucky if I get two in at the end of each busy day. At least I know I've tried to get fit once again following the surgery and short stay in the castle.

I still get some abdominal 'pull' 'knotting' in one specific area of my abdomen. It's strange. I feel like something is there, knot-wise. I will ask about it 8/31. Maybe that's a part w/a bunch of stitches or something. Maybe it's phantom knots for the loss of my uterus. Who knows. It irks me, though, and knots up at the weirdest times, like when I'm in a store or during a walk or ?? just weird you never know when moments.

I wish you all a great Sunday. I'm going to try and rest between laps and maybe catch Tiger playing golf .... I watched a bit yesterday. Yesterday i ate a lot, too. It was strange. I try to be careful not to overeat but I just felt like I wanted/needed food, food, food. It was strange. Maybe it was the horrible heat/humidity.

Again................take care as you continue to heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 06:14 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi Ele,

Good to hear from you. I think the knotty pain could easily be a bunch of stitches, it was mentioned to me that when I described a pain as dull stitch they used the word knotty and said it was where the adenomyosis was bad and they had to stitch heavily.

I have decided I am going to actually ask the GYN for a further 2 weeks off as I don't feel ready. This is totally out of character for me as I never make a fuss and hate to be thought of as doing so or being pathetic. I just know I cannot go from this to the days I will have to do.

I haven't even been signed off for driving yet...so for everything to happen at once seems way too much. I would like a few weeks to potter around in the car and run errands and get back to some normality before being thrown into the lions den again!

Ramadan is coming up, so we will get marginally shorter days then, but I cannot imagine having to fast all day either!

What hours will you be working Ele?

Hugs to everyone and a relaxing Sunday xxxxx
Unread 08-12-2007, 06:42 AM

Yes, definitely ask for the extra two weeks!

I basically go in at 7:30 a.m. and stay 'until I'm done' and depending on meetings, preps/office hours I usually don't get home until after 4 p.m. most days and sometimes later. Then there is nightly grading/prep. I'll have 100 new students and they will all be writing TONS of papers for me.

We have a heavy Somali population in our classes here. Ramadan will definitely have an effect on my students because it's so early this year and while one can eat during the dark, the preparations and observance take their toll on students. I'm sure we are one of the few places where our syllabi have to address 'routine absences for religious observation' etc. not being allowed. It's hard. I hope you can get those extra two weeks. Maybe since you have to wait so long to drive it will be fine w/no pain??? I remember you saying you work 24/7 so yes i cannot imagine you going from 'zero to 100' in an instant. No way.

Thanks for the info about 'knots'........it's good to know but kind of creepy, too. Not seeing how much stitchery is in there...........I'd rather not think about it!

I haven't walked yet. I'm more worried about my 'tingly ankle' but after doing my typical internet research i've decided i either exhausted my ankle muscles out or slept weird (I actually did spend some tummy sleeping time as I love to sleep on my tummy and am easing back into it) or something. As long as it's not hot or swollen or red I will try to 'chill' about my aging body.

Again, a happy Sunday to you all. Thanks again for writing back, SunnyBahrain! We have a cool breeze blowing in MN from the north today... I do not envy you baking out there in the heat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 06:44 AM

P.S. I see I've posted 425 times since joining in June, which is 'so typical' of me. I write like I talk....all the time. LOL. Once I get back into school my posts will probably trail off into oblivion as I'll be posting a ton at my college and dealing w/my 100 students times a zillion essays. Off I go. I get super exhausted just imagining it all. Overwhelming. If it takes a year for some to feel 'normal again' it's going to be a VERY long year.
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:07 AM

Nope ~ I'm here E!!! Seems we are always the early-birds except I sit and down coffee all morning and you get out and walk!

I was tired all day yesterday, (COULDN'T be all the partyin I did Friday night)

Seems the weather finally broke a little, still high 80's, but the humidity is more tolerable...Planning on grilling out steaks today...dh going to mow...I love watchin him mow (while I lay out LOL, I've been known to flash him as he passes by LOL, hey keeps him lookin')

The house was tip- top shape going into weekend and I'm looking around and looks like a tornado passed thru...GRRR...I've become accustom to looking right on past it all! When the kids were smaller I used to give them all a grocery bag and tell them whoever fills their bag the fullest with their own stuff and get it up to their room the fastest wins a prize LOL...somehow they grew out of that game LOL!!!

Well outta here for now...hope you are all feeling good today!!!!!!!!!!!!! 's to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:26 AM

Good Morning all,

Well the Lord is blessing PA with another beautiful summer morning. My DH and I had coffee outside while the dogs ran around in the backyard. Makes all the problems of the world go away, even if just for a little while.

Phillipians - I wanted to comment that during my third week when I became more mobile and on my feet more - I dealt with pain in my legs (my left calf especially) then it progressed to my hips, butt, and lower back. It has finally gone away but I still feel it in my butt or back if I am on my feet more than usual or walking on a hard surface without the appropriate footwear. What are you wearing on your feet? I found that running sneakers are the best for absorbing the inpact (I am not a runner - I had a wonderful sales associate from a sporting goods store point that out when I was occasionally having problems with my knees before surgery).

It could be that you joints and muscles are still recovering and aren't adjusted to the constant impact now that you are back to work. If it continues, as always, check with your doctor.

I am not one who has ever had a "chronic problem" and to have that achy pain for about 10 days made me so incredibly frustrated. Even my monthly hemorraging didn't last as long!

Have a great day everyone.
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:43 AM

Good morning everyone, I got back home yesterday around 7pm last night from the cookout and ended bringing the granddaughter back (22months) she didn't fall asleep until 10:30 last night and woke up at 5:30 this morning. Now she is down for her morning nap. I hope my kids get here soon so they can watch her for awhile. I love her to death but she is go go go. I need to relax cuz tomorrow start back at work for 4 hours a day. The drugery of getting back into the swing of it. It will be nice to see all the ladies i work with again since working in a cafeteria kitchen we get the summers off anyways. So this was perfect planning for the hyster. Although it is only 5 weeks post op but i do have a note for light duty. Well i got to get some stuff done around this house before the baby wakes up from her nap. Talk to you all later and have a wonderful day.
Unread 08-12-2007, 08:03 AM

Reliefisdue: I wear teva sandals for my 10,000+ steps of walking and biking each day. Probably not such a great pair of footwear but my tennies bruised my nails a lot when I did the 14+6 mile weekend prior to surgery w/my sister's training cancer walk group........... so I got mad at my tennies. You are right, though, that footwear can have a huge impact on the muscles and creaks/pains/etc.

Glad you are healing nicely!
Unread 08-12-2007, 08:07 AM

Good luck tomorrow, Law! Let us know how it goes. My granddaughter is STILL sleeping. I want to go walk but I'm waiting for her to wake up. It's 9 a.m. here in Mpls/St. Paul and if she isn't awake by 9:30 I'm going to go jump on the bed - figuratively speaking! My body is probably wondering why it hasn't walked anywhere yet! ?

I did a little dusting/a little wiping in my teen's bathroom. UGH. She has so many allergies you'd think she'd want it clean but nope, nope, nope. What a mess.

Law...work will probably seem easier than chasing after your lovely grandchild! Again, keep us posted tomorrow when you get home. I plan to go to work for a few hours, too, but I'm not doing the same work you are. Good luck! I'll be thinking of you.
Unread 08-12-2007, 08:49 AM

Hi All.
I haven't been on this site for awhile. I hope all of you sisters are doing well. I am feeling great. The only slight porblem I'm having is a very slight spotting. Sometimes it's light pink and sometimes brownish. Has anyone else had this? Someone told me it's from the stiches inside. Any reply would be appreciated. Take care all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register