Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 129 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Good morning all. Still no pain killers for almost 2 days now. Perhaps that "stretching" feeling I talked about (like a huge rubber band in my belly) is the same as your "knots". Sunny, I definitely think you should delay your return to work. I'm due to go back on the 27th, but I see my doc on the 20th and may ask for a 1-week extension. Either that or I'll go back part-time, depending on how much I progress in this next week. It's a beautiful day and supposed to rain later (finally) so I'd better get out there and make the most of it. Have a great day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 10:08 AM

Yes, spotting/tinge can be normal. Nice to hear from you DebbieMac... esp. since we had surgery exactly the same day! I can go a week w/no spots on the pad and then I might have brown tinge one day or a pink spot/several spots another. I'm sure it's from the movement, the 'exercise' and the healing and dissolving of stitches.............. it can go up to 6-8 weeks. I see my OB 8/31 and after his internal exam I'll bet I'll even spot then!

If worried you can check w/your doc's office, too! Take care. Glad to know you are healing nicely.

I just did 3 miles (6 laps)..........even though it's 'cool' outside, I broke a sweat. I've decided 1) if I drink water while walking it makes for more twinges and pain 2) my chest gets heavier if I walk after breakfast/ lots of water and 3) lugging that water bottle around is 'heavy' on my side, too!

A good Sunday again to you all as you continue to heal. I'm off to the grocery w/Dgd and I'll be sure to not buy too much to carry! I'm even trying to get all the creatures in the house to refill their water bottles. Can't lug any packs of agua into the house w/the weight restrictions!

Unread 08-12-2007, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the reply elefante64. I'm glad you're doing ok also. I go to the doctor on the 20th. I go bak to work on the 22. I've been working from home since the first week after surgery. Even after I go back to work, I may not stay the whole day. I have the computer from work set up in my home which makes it nice. Have a good Sunday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 10:45 AM
thanks for your sharing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliefisdue
Good Morning all,

Well the Lord is blessing PA with another beautiful summer morning. My DH and I had coffee outside while the dogs ran around in the backyard. Makes all the problems of the world go away, even if just for a little while.

Phillipians - I wanted to comment that during my third week when I became more mobile and on my feet more - I dealt with pain in my legs (my left calf especially) then it progressed to my hips, butt, and lower back. It has finally gone away but I still feel it in my butt or back if I am on my feet more than usual or walking on a hard surface without the appropriate footwear. What are you wearing on your feet? I found that running sneakers are the best for absorbing the inpact (I am not a runner - I had a wonderful sales associate from a sporting goods store point that out when I was occasionally having problems with my knees before surgery).

It could be that you joints and muscles are still recovering and aren't adjusted to the constant impact now that you are back to work. If it continues, as always, check with your doctor.

I am not one who has ever had a "chronic problem" and to have that achy pain for about 10 days made me so incredibly frustrated. Even my monthly hemorraging didn't last as long!

Have a great day everyone.
It is comforting to hear that and when I thought about what you just said it does make sense......guess what I've been wearing on my feet all week while setting up my classroom??? FLIP-FLOPS!! I think part of me doesntrealize that I am now 40, dont exercise, and just had major surgery! I didnt even think about wearing good shoes, off I went in my stylish flip flops! I had to take 3 Aleve's last night i was in so much pain in my lower back and in bed i couldnt turn on my sides easily due to that back pain. I am so happy to hear that your pain went away. I hope mine's will to. last night i was searching on here like crazy to find out if it was due to loss of hormones. Some women say it is. I'm not on HRT. are you?
Unread 08-12-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie Mac
Hi All.
I haven't been on this site for awhile. I hope all of you sisters are doing well. I am feeling great. The only slight porblem I'm having is a very slight spotting. Sometimes it's light pink and sometimes brownish. Has anyone else had this? Someone told me it's from the stiches inside. Any reply would be appreciated. Take care all.
DebbieMac, i've had the same thing happening and we share the same surgery date. I've confirmed it with my doctor several times and at the last appt he checked and it was all due to stitches, either healing, dissolving or not dissolving. it is normal to have the spotting for even a few more weeks. In fact at one point i was even bleeding. when do you go for your visit with the doctor?
Unread 08-12-2007, 10:48 AM

I'm not on HRT as I'm way past menopause.
I wear flip flops in between the tevas. Until it snows!!
I say wear what feels most comfortable. I've never really found comfy shoes and on a shoestring budget I have about three pairs total. Now, My DD has enough pairs for an entire city.
I had a TON of pinprick pain as I drove to the market w/Dgd and I'm still gassy. I decided it's gas from the water I chugged while walking plus my tummy is rumbling for food. Hmmmmmmmm. And I had a spot or two in the bathroom. Healing. Takes time and goes forward and then a bit back. Sigh.
Unread 08-12-2007, 10:51 AM

Ele, yeahhhh, you got your walk in !!!! I see that dgd finally woke up. did you jump on her bed? haha! I'm feeling better today, definitely rested. and i am not going to do much today other than a little planning for school and cooking for my parents. I hope you take it easy today too. We need to be ready for this week! ugh! for me the thought of waking up so early is what kills me. I love to sleep in!
Unread 08-12-2007, 11:33 AM

Hi, Phillipians.........yes, I'm e-x-h-a-u-s-t-e-d. Even Dgd says she is tired and she is nine and should have LOTS of energy. We will go to a movie and hopefully laugh a lot pretty soon. I don't cook.............it takes too much energy. We did buy some groceries, though. It was nice to have an assistant at the store with me today. I still have 4 laps to go one way or another, but I'll figure it out later.

Take care everyone as you continue to heal.......................I feel like I could sleep for a year. Must be the low dew point!
Unread 08-12-2007, 12:42 PM

Morning all! We stayed in all day yesterday and now I have lists of things that have to be done today so I will definitely be out. Sundays always include grocery shopping, laundry, ironing YUCK. Ds 17 has moved from stomach bug to a cold (I think he picked up every germ that was left lying around on the first day of school).
Every day something reminds me that I am still not 100% but getting there. Yesterday I went to get dogfood and needed the 40lb bag. I stood there looking back and forth from the bag to the flat cart. A man walked by me and then stopped, looked at me looking at the bag and asked if I needed help. I said "Nope, that's why I got this cart." He watched as I slid the bag from the shelf to the cart Then all I had to do was roll it from the cart to the back seat of the car....no problem! Dh unloaded it when I got home.
Next week will be my first full week of full days. Blech! Good luck to those heading back to work this week. Expect to be really tired.
Unread 08-12-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsister4
Hey, I may be silient but I am still listening, thanks for your progress reports it helps motivate me. I still have pinching at top of legs & hips when I walk but I forced myself to go for a short one last night. Sitting is the worst for me, pubic area kills after a few mins, I sometimes stand to type on computer or take small breaks.
I agree sitting is hard for me too, seems it puts too much pressure on my empty inners... Trying to take it slow and easy, I am gearing up to walk 10 a day, I am really bad not starting yet, I do get up and do simple things per day, getting mail, watering back yard plants, feeding my self, my DD still does the heavy stuff.. good luck to us all!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register