Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 13 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

welcome home frog28! sounds like you are doing great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 06:29 PM

SaraJean, welcome home! Gosh, I'm so sorry you have gone through so much. Take good care of yourself at home and rest, rest, rest!
Unread 07-16-2007, 06:34 PM

Hi Jennice, i can relate to you today. I think i overdid on sat and sun too. so much family and friends visiting. I didnt mind having them around but i didnt lay down at all. Last night i had a pain on my left side where my ovary pain was before the surgery. I wonder how can that be if the ovary is not there anymore? anyway, today everyone is back at work and it was a quiet day. i made sure i rested. Have a restful week
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 07:01 PM
bladder pain

Does anyone else have "hold your breath" bladder pain? During the start of urination it's fine it's towards the end of it that it hurts. I went to the Dr. today and my urine was fine and they are awaiting 2 days down the line for further development. I am a week past surgery.
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:03 PM

No, byfaith, didn't have that problem except for extreme pain/inability to urinate the day the catheter came out. I just noticed you are from Mpls............my home town. I'm out here in St. Louis Park.............I'm happy I finally notice. Good luck w/the pain. My urine was fine, too....but the spasms were weird. And sometimes I still don't urinate the way I'm used to doing it...........stops/starts/trickles/think I'm done and then there's more. It's definitely weird. I think it takes time for the entire body to get back to 'normal'...........
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefante64
No, byfaith, didn't have that problem except for extreme pain/inability to urinate the day the catheter came out. I just noticed you are from Mpls............my home town. I'm out here in St. Louis Park.............I'm happy I finally notice. Good luck w/the pain. My urine was fine, too....but the spasms were weird. And sometimes I still don't urinate the way I'm used to doing it...........stops/starts/trickles/think I'm done and then there's more. It's definitely weird. I think it takes time for the entire body to get back to 'normal'...........
Hi St. Louis Park LOL! We are very close. I had mine done at Abbott.

Yes I am thinking it will come back positive. I'll find out Wednesday. It feels the same as the 3 day after removal of the catheter. Towards the end it stop, starts, trickles and then oowweee the pain. Who knows what is going on anymore I just need to take it one day at a time.
Unread 07-16-2007, 07:47 PM

I was at Abbott, too........Monday, the 9th~ I was on a new station that was wild; i've posted about it earlier. Yes, I think I read somewhere that the bladder can spasm for quite some time depending on how the hysterectomy went.

Anyway, tonite my big worry is a throbbing kind of pain in a vein area behind my right leg. I've had this once before when I was at WI Dells and walking way too much. I was told to take aspirin and to rest. Well, one can't take aspirin if one just had surgery, right? Wouldn't that make more bleeding possible from the sutures inside me? I just 'love' freaking myself out. Oy oy. Everyone who looks at the backs of my legs say they look the same except for larger veins behind the right leg, so my vein must be 'irritated.' I've walked a lot, though, and worked hard not to cross my legs. Frustrating.

Off I go. Thanks for writing back............back to t.v. and too much worrying! E.
Unread 07-16-2007, 10:49 PM
6 days post-op and feeling good

I had a TLH on 7/10/07 that took 3.5 hours. Came home from the hospital on 7/12, after using bladder ok, passing gas, walking around the hospital unit and eating ok. Spent a lot time in bed, sleeping and on Oxycodone, taking a few walking trips around my home and overdosing on television!

Today I have been up and around more. I am off the every 4-hour Oxy dose and just using it at bedtime now. Tylenol and Ibuprofren are helping me during the day. My bowels are now functioning and I'm happy to report - no consitpation thus far.

I do have a funny ache in my back - almost directly behind my navel. Is this because I've spent so much time reclined and laying in bed, or is there another cause for this discomfort?

Post op appt is coming up on Friday - day 10 (doc's on vacation next week).

Happy to be home!
Unread 07-16-2007, 11:42 PM
home from hospital...

had my surgery on thurs. jul 12th. was supposed to be at 930am... but got delayed to 1130am. it took longer i guess too... hubby said he didnt see me again til 515pm... so, either surgery was longer, or recovery was.. not sure.

they took it all.
waiting for pathology, prolly will take 2-3 weeks.
hopefully cancer was contained. dr said was tumor in uterus.
supposed to get staples out on jul 19th. (my bday!!)

i was released from hosp. on sunday nite. the 15th. they had said i would be in for 5 days... got out on day 3. am glad to be home. food is better.. poor hubby... lol.. but, we have food coming from church family too, so that should help.

they had me on morphine drip for first day, and i controlled it. hah.. well, i was so out of it.. lol. but, now i am on just advil and tylenol.

tired, and sore...
going to sleep now.
Unread 07-17-2007, 12:42 AM
day 5 and feeling a little better

So day five is passing into night, friday i had to go back to the dr to get my stitches out because my belly swelled up so bad they were being pulled on and irritating the skin all around them and was having some trouble with pain control. all is better in both of those departments now and i go back to the dr tomorrow for another check up. i have this strange fullness filling in my right side hope its gas.
as far as my mental feelings i am still having some difficulty handeling all of this i dont feel like me any more (which my boyfriend says is a good thing because i was in so much apain for the four months prior to surgery he could hardly handle it.)
but i still feel empty. other than that though things are looking up

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register