Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 131 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Jennice, I still get constipated but then that has always been the case for me. I use a suppository occasionally. What I am hating is 3 days ago my belly was FLAT, now I look preggo again...I HATE it. Especially since I did practically nothing yesterday and today. Guess it's just stress. Hopefully you won't suffer from swelly belly with all of the driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 11:51 PM

Really, Crunch. I have never suffered with constipation until about a year ago. I was thinking it was the fibroids. So, crunch it seems like the suppositories are better than the colace or dulcolax. I will wait for more responses before I go to Walgreen's tomorrow. Thanks.
Unread 08-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Good Morning!

Went to the cottage on Sat. morning and enjoyed 2 days of relaxation. I told my husband I should have stayed up there the first 2 weeks, because I would not have ever over done it. I love to relax there.
When we came home, there was water all over our kitchen, coming from our refrigerator(that was supposidly just repaired on Wed.) Our wood kitchen floor is all buckled. So, not only do I have to visit a college campus with my 18 year old daughter today, i also have to put calls in to have the refrigerator and entire first floor replaced.(except our dining room)

I do get twinges /knots of pain also when moving occasionally. When I asked the Dr. about it he said it was the stitches and scare tissue and that it is going to happen sooner or later. not to worry. It is just a reminder for us ladies, that we did just have major surgery a few weeks back. I also get the gas pains occassionaly. Again, just reminders.

I am getting back to my weekly fitness routine today. Spinning class today. Gotta go to get a few miles of walking in first!

Have a great Monday sisters!

SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2007, 08:03 AM

I didn't mean to sound critical of your walking, elefante, and I hope you didn't take offence. I just found it funny that our priorities are so different. I am getting out for a couple of walks a day, but am careful to reserve enough energy for my favourite thing: food!
Unread 08-13-2007, 08:41 AM

I was never able to get pregnant, but have two wonderful children through adoption. My son is 25 and living in Las Vegas teaching 2nd grade and my daughter is 20 going into her third year of college - she is in pre-med.
I was just diagnosed with infertility - probably a combination of me and my husband. Also the fact that my mom probably took the drug DES. I always had the chance that I could get pregnant, but never did. It is weird now that my uterus is gone because now I know I can't ever get pregnant. I am 49 and even this year my periods were late a couple of times and I thought, oh, maybe. But it was probably those two big fibroids making my periods irregular. I guess at times I do wonder what it would have felt like to get pregnant, but I am thankful that adoption worked for us. I'm sorry to be talking about this for those of you that never had children.
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:08 AM

Well ladies ~ big news I guess I can consider myself "recovered" LOL...I conquered the big 3 S's this weekend...Swam, Swept and S*X...all went fine and I felt no different after...I even moved the recliner...ewww, found chips, popcorn, candy wrappers etc...and swimming felt wonderful of course in all this heat...and the last one OMG no different at all...TMI I know but felt fine me on top and me on bottom anyway enough of that!!!

Going to meet my FIL this morning to turn in my leased car...hoping we find something else...he suggested get away from car payments for awhile so I think he has a surprise in mind...we'll see!!!

To answer the suppository question...I have been able to use them maybe once or twice mid week...I've always been a very constipated person but make sure I go at least once a day (while recovering) if I feel like I'm gonna skip a day I use a suppository cause I do not want to get backed up...ya know! But earlier into this when I had really really bad gas pains the suppositories worked like a charm...the colace and other stool softeners did nothing for me, but that's just me!

Well gotta get for now.... 's to everyone that had to go back to work today...I'm really making the most of the rest of my summer from here on out...feeling like I'm running out of time and I don't go til Sept 4th...
Unread 08-13-2007, 10:45 AM

elefante is a free spirit and i am sure that she didn't take it offensively. I don't cook much myself especially when my son leaves on the 25th. I have always cooked and had hot meals and veggies for him. But now that it is just me, I eat at my BF house or at the resturants. I find it keeps my weight down, cooking less.
I am going for a walk. I have been ealking since before surgery and started walking at day 4 post op and day 7 paid for it. So, I started back at 2 wk post op. I believe elefante started immediately. I did walk a little in the hospital while I was there overnight. It does help with gas/constipation.
Thanks, gemini. I have never been one to be constipated until right before surgery. I am going towalk to walgreens.
Unread 08-13-2007, 11:45 AM

Just back from a 45-minute walk in the woods. There is something so therapeutic in being in a place with no pavement or cars. It's also easier on the feet (I have arthritis). I can't believe the pain is gone! Just that tightness, but no real pain. This is my week to get some stuff done. I'm having a heat mark on my dining room table repaired, getting my carpets cleaned (they promised to do all the lifting), getting a haircut and maybe even treating myself to a facial...though I'm cheap so will probably settle for a self-administered one. Have a great day, sisters.
Unread 08-13-2007, 12:37 PM

I am finally doing much better today!! Bleeding is down to hardly nothing & went in for mamgrm this am & going for eyes to be ck'd ths afternoon. If I had gone earlier for a pelvic (2 yrs) maybe I could have had a vaginal hyster instead of my 8" line! My fybroid was pushing on my bladder & I couldnt pee!! My sister said it was pumpkin size dr said 14 wk pregnancy. I still can't walk like "E" but you kill me walking in tevas, they are great for white water rafting!!! You make my back & feet hurt thinking about it...10,000 steps? I tried to count how many I went last night.. not even close. Hope I don't have to go back to work till 23rd, I am "not" ready.
Unread 08-13-2007, 12:50 PM

I had my post-op appt. today - 4 weeks and some days. I was surprised that the doctor didn't check me internally. I had a TAH with cervix removed (not ovaries). Does that sound right that he didn't check me internally?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register