Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 132 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-13-2007, 12:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I don't know what to expect from a doctor, debbie, because I'm not even seeing my doctor until week 5. I suspect he'll do the pelvic exam at your 6-week check-up and may not want to "invade your space" this early. What do others think? Here's my question: I've had absolutely no bleeding except for a little pink stain on the first day after surgery. Is this normal too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2007, 12:37 PM

Well girls, I got back from the ladies retreat in Eufala, Ok. The 3 hour trip up there wasn't bad. Had to walk a little bit to get a signal to let DH know we got there. But by the time we registered & set down, I had pain in my right groin & I could tell my bp was up. I must have looked bad, cause my friends were asking me if I was ok. I bummed some Tylenol off my pastor's wife since all my pills except the water pill were out it the car. That helped & I was able to enjoy myself.

The retreat was great. We heard some great devotions & singing & had a great time. I heard the best message on the Prov 31 woman I have ever heard.

Saturday morning I decided I needed my bestest friend since the surgery with me. My bed pillow. I have found that there are a lot of seats that hurt me when I sit too long in them. (I have got to find me a cushion for our church pews.)

We came back Saturday afternoon. I was chastened by everyone the whole time we were gone. They said I was doing too much, & put that baby in the carseat down! (Someone had to hold her while her mommy got out of the car.) I love our ladies. They help save me from myself. And my boss was the one who yelled the loudest.
Unread 08-13-2007, 12:48 PM

Bopper - I only had light spotting while I was in the hospital. Spotted once a week or 2 later when I guess some stitches came out. And that was it. But they took everything but the fun part out on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2007, 01:07 PM

LOL Crossroads! I like that: everything but the fun part ;-)
I had the same procedure as you, except for the bladder bit. I had complex hyperplasia (pre-cancerous cells in plain English). It seems my 45-minute hike today was a bit too much. I'm not exactly in agony, but a little sore, and have just taken some ibuprofen. I've been doing half-hour walks for close to a week, but I guess that's my limit, at least for now.
Unread 08-13-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper
I don't know what to expect from a doctor, debbie, because I'm not even seeing my doctor until week 5. I suspect he'll do the pelvic exam at your 6-week check-up and may not want to "invade your space" this early. What do others think? Here's my question: I've had absolutely no bleeding except for a little pink stain on the first day after surgery. Is this normal too?
I haven't had any bleeding at all that I can recount, besides a few drops here and there while in the castle. I bought a big bag of pads before surgery, and I think I used one. (I'm giving the rest to a cousin with three girls!) So, to answer your question, seems normal to me not to have anything. I just have pain--I think my chronic fatigue is really holding me back here (I went to the mall yesterday for some new shoes, and I about passed out from the heat and exhaustion, and I hurt soooooooo bad from being up all that time But I got the shoes and a cute purple purse! ).

Also, my doctor did a pelvic exam at 3 weeks, which I wasn't ready for. But not all doctors are the same in their methodology. For instance, who was told to wait 6 weeks for submersion in water versus who could submerse after 2-3 weeks?

I hope everyone is having a nice Monday.
Unread 08-13-2007, 01:22 PM

Debbie,
You have been blessed and were able to bless someone else.

Law,
You were blessed also to become pregnant after everything.

Crunch,
I think that I may have a little swelly belly. My stomach hasn't been flat since my c-section in 88. I carried my ds 9.5 mths and then 6 days labor. Wow! But I don't remember a bad recovery. Maybe because I caught an infection/fever and was in the hospital 7 days. When I came home, was just a little sore. Had a baby to take care of and my dh had to go back to work.
Unread 08-13-2007, 01:31 PM

Thanks for your answer, knittin. I figured no bleeding was a good thing, but it's reassuring to know that others have experienced this too. New shoes and a purse are worth a little pain, right? I bought new sneakers today, but they don't give me the same boost as "real" shoes. My next purchase is going to be a bunch of pretty new panties!
Unread 08-13-2007, 01:35 PM

Deb,
Is this your last appt? If so, he should've done an internal. My last surgeon for the lap/lysis for adhesions didn't give me a internal check at my 4 wk post-op. I went back to my regular GYN 6 mths later for my annual and it didn't hurt then.

I went for my 2-wk check up after my surgery this time, but I had a LSH. He mainly wanted to look at my incisions and tell me to buy some merderma. I also got a refill for more pain meds and my pathology report. I go back tomorrow (thurs is 5 wks) for my 2nd post-op and internal check. Things move a little faster with the LSH (laparascopic supracervical hysterectomy). I am nervous as H***. I also had to take the diflucan about 2 wks after surgery.
Unread 08-13-2007, 02:03 PM

I was told to expect internal exam at my 6 wk ck. I had more bleeding than what I was able to find on here & it really scared me, but after calling my dr office they told me to expect more because I still have cervix. Does any one feel stiff on tummy & vaginal area, almost like there is cardboard under the skin? My scar doesnt look too bad, dont think I will have to worry about that showing much anyway.
Unread 08-13-2007, 02:26 PM

Bopper - I also heard someone say they had the nursery removed, but kept the playpen.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register