Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 138 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I am having some brown discharge some time but most of the time its normal. If I do a bit too much I will start having pains and my back hurt at times. Do you all have any back pains?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2007, 01:25 PM

abcd123 - I have not had back pains. Have you been lifting too much? I know my doctor said I can gradually do more and today I pushed the cart when I went to target. I'm wondering if I may start having more pains since I am going to begin to do more.
Unread 08-14-2007, 01:26 PM

My SISTERS:

Had my 2nd post-op this morning and got the all clear. I forgot to take my advil before I went, but the internal still wasn't painful. I told him that I need to use the vaginal gel he uses for sex since his fingers have gloves and I have my BF wear a condom for protection (can't get pregnant now) Dr. said that I can resume pretty much anything except sex. To wait the full 6 wks. I had the LSH and I am feeling pretty well. I take 1 pain pill about every 2-3 days still when I do too much. My pain is on the right side (the working port) not in the belly like u guys. I have been walking since the night in the hospital. Just not as much as elefante
I got my release papers and pay day tomorrow. 3 checks deposited just like I was at work. Thursday is my 5-wk post-op and I will go back to work tomorrow & thurs from 9-3. We are off fridays in the summer. I am feeling really blessed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2007, 01:39 PM

I just got back from the doctors and she put me on the lowest dosage of Vivelle. I'm suppose to monitor it for a couple of weeks. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for the reply.
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moejodep
The nightmares are really bad -- I haven't had a nightmare in ages -- Is anyone else experiencing this?
M
During my peri Meni state the past few years I didn't sleep well enough to dream, my doctor finally put me on 3.5 mg of estrogen a few months before my surgery and that seemed to help me get to rest a little better, plus I bought a new tempura pedic bed, that helped a lot too so I had started to dream again, it was nice to wake up knowing you actually slept well enough to dream... I am not taking any hormones now after my surgery. BUT anyway...
YES!! I had a few nightmares recently where I woke up so UPSET and SO MAD I wanted to kill the person in my dream who did my daughter wrong! NOW THATS so weird, I mean I have had a few dreams in the past where I woke up shaken but these the past few weeks I was totally WHACKED OUT about, thank GOD I have Antivan for my stress levels during my peri meni state of mind the past few years before my surgery and to help me sleep, I had to take one in the middle of the morning 3 am to calm down from a few recent nightmares, are these nightmares normal? I also have rescue remedy drops and spray to help me calm down, but didnt have it close at hand, that does work for me too.. anyone heard of that? Google it.. you may like it. Thanks for the ear. Presouz
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:18 PM

Yay Jenice! Another graduate from the class of July 2007
I can't offer any suggestions for hot flashes, etc. because I finished my menopause a couple of years ago. The worst for me was the sleepless nights. Because of other problems I was having at the time I went on Paxil for anxiety and that seemed to help with the sleep problems too.
Yes, I have back pain too, along with a number of other Sisters. It seems to hit me near the end of the day, so I'm assuming it's a sign of fatigue; someone mentioned the other day that we may be using our back muscles more these days to compensate for the nonexistent abs! Anyway, I find that a heating pad helps and works even better if accompanied by a glass of wine. Try it, you'll like it
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcd123
I am having some brown discharge some time but most of the time its normal. If I do a bit too much I will start having pains and my back hurt at times. Do you all have any back pains?

Oh please abcd123, please really try to take it easy, I had my surgery after you had yours and I know doing too much is not a good thing, if its causing you to have back pain, but again laying in bed on a mattress that does not agree with you can cause back pain too. Maybe lay in a recliner and bed alternate? My doctor will only let me drive to the market only if its close and I am about 3 weeks post op. I had a FULL TAH/BSO with bladder repair... I still have my DD do the heavy chores and most of the bending stuff, its hard becuase I used to do it ALL!! Its hard to just lay about and recover but it will be for the best in the long run, and besides, I am starting to enjoy it!!! GOOD LUCK..
Unread 08-14-2007, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the reassurance on the nightmares and sleepless nights. I am definitely taking an Ambien tonight!!!!
Moe
Unread 08-14-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moejodep
Thanks for the reassurance on the nightmares and sleepless nights. I am definitely taking an Ambien tonight!!!!
Moe
Man I wish I had some Ambien!!! Maybe at my check up I will ask!!
Unread 08-14-2007, 04:45 PM

Gemini3:
Hi. Try donating the pads to a local shelter or high school. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register