Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 141 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Good Luck to you E!!! 7 hours! WOW! I am happy you are back to your walking without pain again!

I also have gotten out to do 3 miles in the am and 3 miles in the PM. I also walked alot during the campus tour. Today I have no committments until this eve, so I intend to get out and do quite a few miles again. My daughters dance team is having a rummage sale on Friday so I guess I will get together some items for that.
It is very comfortable out today and sitting on the patio with my book sounds inviting also. I miss that now that I am getting back into my normal routine. Funny how that is....When I was told not to do anything right after surgery....it absolutely drove me nuts and I could not sit still, but now that I am 4 and a half weeks postop and told I can have my hectic lifestyle back.... I want those postop surgery days back.

Still extremely dry here...and no rain in sight.

Have a great day sisters!

SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 06:51 AM

Good Day to you today E ~

After reading all you back-to-work girls posts ~ I am really glad I discussed with my dr. and he signed me back to work for Sept 4th!

A couple nights ago I had a dream I kept loosing my teeth? It felt so real! The last couple days I feel like my teeth/jaw ache like I have been grinding my teeth at night or something...hmmm...

I am 47 and had TAH and was not premenopausal...dr. put me on 1mg estrogin from day one and have felt no hot flashs as of yet (not really sure what they feel like though) I do still wake several times a night, sometimes awake enough to get up and turn tv back on, go outside on deck awhile, etc...but that is because I know I don't have to get up and go to work yet...I know when that starts I will wake and roll back over and GRRRRR! If I have issues by then my dh has a big supply from when he used to take Malatonin for midnight shift (he swears they work great with no side effects in morning) and try um!

I also take 2-600mg Calcium per day...other than that nothing...haven't needed anything for pain since first week home...feeling waaaaay back to normal...

Regarding s*x I got the all clear at my 4 week postop to resume normal everyday life...he said to TRY to wait til closer to 6weeks for s*x...well I didn't quite make it that long obviously (you do the math) and honestly it was waaay better than presurgery! No twinges no nothing during or afterward but that was just my experience...was trying to wait til we got away for long weekend before Labor Day but decided rather try now and make sure it's all good and not have to make that the main focal point of when we go away ~ my dh will wanna stay put the whole time for cryin-out-loud!

Anyway, you all behave today and more happy healing vibes coming your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 08-15-2007, 07:00 AM

Good morning to all. For those of you ladies who can't seem to get any sleep. Which was me for along time (years) i went and bought a bottle of Melentonin 3mg. You only need 1 pill before you go to bed. You get it in the vitamin section of any store. But of course always ask your Dr.'s first. But it has worked wonders for me. I finally sleep 6 hrs everynight now. It's wonderful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 07:04 AM

Hi Everyone!

Wow I finally posted on the progress thread! Seems so repetitive to me to post both places...my copy/paste skills aren't the best...I CAN burn cd's but can't copy/paste...my teens have run out of patience with showing me over and over the easy stuff LOL!

You girls that are just finding this chat area ~ WELCOME ~ seems alot of the gang here are returning to work this past week and it's moving a little slower in here...wish you would have found us when we were really on a roll, right girls? LOL couldn't type as fast as our brains were goin'

But seems by evenings everyone still gets on and updates their days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM MISSING YOU ALL ON A MORNING,NOON,NIGHT AVAILABILITY BASIS!

K, bye for now, I'll check back later!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 08-15-2007, 07:06 AM

Good Morning Law ~ AHHH great minds think alike ~ we were posting at the same time!
Unread 08-15-2007, 07:08 AM
sunny found us. yeh!!!

Glad to have you back on board sunny. Ele. you should have brought a pillow to sit on for your skinny but. 7 hrs. is a very long time to sit for anyone. ha ha Well i go into work at 2pm today to about 7pm football kids again. Then friday i go see my Dr. hopefully for last visit for a while. I'm hopiing he says i can soak in tub again. I wasn't even able to swim in pool all summer long. boring. Everyone have a good day, ill be back on.
Unread 08-15-2007, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini3

Wow I finally posted on the progress thread! Seems so repetitive to me to post both places...my copy/paste skills aren't the best...I CAN burn cd's but can't copy/paste...my teens have run out of patience with showing me over and over the easy stuff LOL!
This thread is a more "social" thread so that you all can keep up the friendships you made on the other threads. It's a place to discuss family, work, what's going on in your life, etc. It's not a place to discuss your surgery/recovery. Duplicate posts aren't allowed per website guidelines, so you wouldn't be able to copy/paste anyway.

I'm glad to see you are enjoying Hystersisters.

Unread 08-15-2007, 08:45 AM

[quote=SunnyBahrain]Hi everyone,

I had a strange call from someone at work yesterday saying that their friend had been back in work full time after a month!!!! Just to make me feel bad and I am also thinking of asking for a further 2 weeks off when I have the post op check on 19th!!! I am going to be popular!!

Just can't face the hours when still this tired and still in pain with this nerve problem on my right side and down my leg.

I think I was born to be a lady of leisure and this has forced me to realise my destiny, tee hee!!!!! A lady who lunches, what fun!! As you can tell I am probably hallucinating and having exotic dreams if I can think that for a minute I will be able to do that!!!! But, we can all dream!
================

Sunny, I think you're very wise to ask for more time off. As for someone going back to work after one month, the folks at work probably have no idea whether your procedure and hers were comparable. As we've all learned, there are many varieties of hysterectomy, and they require different healing times. I'm thinking of asking for one more week. I'm supposed to go back on the 27th, but am not at all sure I'll be ready. I still rest with my feet up for a little while in the morning and at least an hour in the afternoon.
I, too, am enjoying this time off way too much. I think I must've been a princess in a previous life!
Take care, everyone, and enjoy your day.
Unread 08-15-2007, 08:58 AM

I got in trouble for cutting/paste. You can't do it. I like this thread, but mainly be on the progress side. It is going to end soon anyway. I just wanted to remind everyone that I got my walking papers yesterday and release to do anything, but X. I have to wait on that. My tummy is swelly belly again. Maybe from the trip to goldsboro, NC over the weekend. I am here at work for 6 hrs today and tomorrow.
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Slept well

Hi all! It's a beautiful day in CT. I took my ambien last night and slept like a baby. I woke up feeling refreshed and almost like myself. I went downstairs and decided to do something special for my family since they have all been so good to me during these past 5 weeks. I actually had enough energy to make 8 dozen chocolate chip cookies --- I even cleaned up after myself.

This is the first day I actually feel good. I have my driving privileges back so I am off to see my friend and swim in her pool --- Oh, it's great to feel human and productive again!

LaRae- I too experience some right side pain, especially when I haven't had a BM. I try and make sure I drink 4 oz of prune juice with every meal.

My only complaint is bellybutton pain. I am experiencing this twitching pulling sensation there. I am going to post a new thread and see if anyone else is experiencing this. (Had AH/and total reconstruction of everything)

Hope you all have a great day!
Moe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register