Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 143 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

What a drag, knittinmanatee! I hope the drugs do their job and you feel better soon. Glad to hear your Dad is home and on the mend. Life sure does throw us some tough ones, doesn't it? I woke up late this morning and feeling zero energy. I went for a haircut this afternoon and that drained whatever energy I had, though I did manage a half-hour walk this evening. Off to bed soon. Take it easy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 07:52 PM

Hello to everyone! I went to the doctor today and he gave me the all clear. I was so excited when he told me that I had lost 18 pounds since surgery. I have cut back on my portions and only drink water. Hope I can stick with it. Just wish I could get the energy to walk or some kind of exercise.

Good luck to everyone on their recovery!
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:03 PM

Well, my first day back was really tiring. I worked from 9:30-3:30 and was exhausted when i came home. I had to take an hr nap. It could also be I sleep 7 hrs and since the surgery require 9. Also, I haven't had any caffeine since the surgery and was used to tea at work. At least I only have 1 more day 9-3 for the wk. We are off on fri. for the summer. I don't think that I will be able to do 10 hr days next wk, but we will see. Be careful anyone else getting out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 09:13 PM

Well, my first day back , 1 day shy of 5 wks. I worked from 9:30-3:30 and was exhausted when i came home. I had to take an hr nap. It could also be I slept 7 hrs and since the surgery require 9 (no naps). Also, I haven't had any caffeine since the surgery and was used to tea at work. At least I only have 1 more day, tomorrow from 9-3 for the wk. We are off on fri. for the summer. I don't think that I will be able to do 10 hr days next wk, but we will see. Be careful anyone else getting out there. Then again, it only gets harder the longer u wait. I just sat at my desk and walked around when I felt discomfort. Tomorrow, I will put my feet up. Everyone was wonderful. Scared to ask me to do things. I haven't been on any of the
other floors yet though.......
JV,
I went to the dr. yesterday and got the all clear except for X. He mentioned exercising again and crunches. He must be out of his crunch mind. The only exercise I do is walk every other day. No big exercising or stretching, cycling, jogging, crosstraining, etc for me. I had a c-section in 88 and maybe that is y I required adhesions surgery in 03. I am not pushing it. I already do too much around the house (except vacuum). Sometimes, you have to follow your mind & body, not the dr. I haven't bathe yet either. I am 41 and I am IN THIS BODY FOR 40 MORE YEARS! Good job on the weight. I have lost 8 lbs and don't want to lose anymore. Now, I want to lose inches around the waist only.....
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:53 PM

I too have lost 14 pounds, and would like to keep going. It definitely won't hurt anything!
Unread 08-15-2007, 10:55 PM

I lost 10 but for some reason lately am having big time swelly belly and bloating and it sure doesnt appear to be 10 lbs anymore
Unread 08-15-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvjc
Hello to everyone! I went to the doctor today and he gave me the all clear. I was so excited when he told me that I had lost 18 pounds since surgery. I have cut back on my portions and only drink water. Hope I can stick with it. Just wish I could get the energy to walk or some kind of exercise.

Good luck to everyone on their recovery!

I too have lost 12 pounds in my 3 weeks of recovery, guess when your hormones are not so MESSED UP you can do the right thing and/or your body isnt holding on to the fat as much with the insulin levels more normal. I had insulin resistance from all my cysts. I am so much better now, no sleep apnea, no joint or bone pain, no back pain, no pelvic floor pain, so happy so far!!
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:35 AM

Morning everyone

Double ouch from me today

I had a really bad day yesterday, sat on the PC all morning and went to the mall in the afternoon and by 7pm was crying with pain. It must be the nerve pain on my right side and going down my leg. Normally just a dull ache or throbbing but raw and agonising yesterday.

Stayed in bed all morning today and came to PC and as soon as I sit here start getting the shooting pains down my leg.

The Consultant said this may/may not go, so I am certainly not a happy teddy if it doesn't!

The other OUCH is I haven't lost a lb since surgery, despite the Consultant saying that the fibroids weighed a lot...can't expect much as my appetite never diminished and have had cold beers to quench my thirst on these hot humid evenings!

Hospital check on Sunday, which I feel will be pretty meaningless as she can't speak more than half a dosen words of English! Not that my Polish is any good, so who am I to criticise?

Take care ladies, have a good Thursday.

Unread 08-16-2007, 03:42 AM

Hi Morning everyone! Posted on recovery thread, so don't want to bore everyone again...had bad day yesterday this nerve damage pain - OUCH.

Weekend here so BBQ tonight with friends, lazy day tomorrow and then last minute shopping with my niece on Saturday. Sadly her 3 week vacation ends on Sunday night. I will miss her! Although sadly haven't managed to be the fun wild Auntie cos of the recovery.

Have a good Thursday!

Hugs xxxxx
Unread 08-16-2007, 05:12 AM

I initially lost 5 pounds right after the surgery but it has yo-yoed a little. I find that I retain a lot of fluid and swell when I eat too much salt or sodium especially in this humidity. I need to adopt the habit of drinking more water which should help.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register