Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 144 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-16-2007, 06:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Congrats to all on your weight loss. I am very over weight and am very excited about losing the weight hope we can all continue. I do swell alot in my ankles though but not sure why. They where doing that even before the surgery.

Well I owe I owe so off to work I go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 07:31 AM

jennice great to hear that you made it through the day. It is very exhausting getting back to work. For me today i'm resting all day.
Unread 08-16-2007, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlelvrnaz
I lost 10, give but for some reason lately am having big time swelly belly and bloating and it sure doesnt appear to be 10 lbs anymore
I, too, have lost 10 pounds, give or take a pound or two depending on my belly. Yesterday my belly swelled so much it looked like I was 5 months pregnant. I still have no real appetite and force myself to eat. My DH said my stomach is probably extending because I need to eat. How do you eat when you're not hungry?

I had pretty good day yesterday. I drove my car for the first time!!!!!!!!! Made a bunch of cookies, went out for "lunch" with my DD, (only had coffee - decaf) and had my nails done. I was wiped out by 5.

I am hoping to get a walk in today.

Have a great Thursday,
Moe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Good Thursday to you all

Sorry it was tough at work, Jennice. But I hear ya! I am dreading the start of school and usually I am so happy and excited. I'm only dreading it bec. I know my energy and brain and EVERYTHING are not normal yet. It is VERY cool here this a.m. in Minnesota.......more like it SHOULD be. Today walking will be a pleasure and I can dress warmly and still feel nice. I will not start out yet, though. I'm going to try and get some class gradebooks into shape on the computer.

Hoping you all have a wonderful healing day............E.
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Thursday:)

The past 3 days have been just like going back to work for me...so I hope today will prove to be better.

I do have to get some things together for a 20 family rummage sale but other than that I am going to take it a bit more easy.

E- it is cooler her this am also. I am getting out for a bit now and will go later in the day as well. It is very nice to have the cooler air but we still have not had any rain. It keeps missing us. We are hoping for some in the next few days.

When waking up today, I did not have the heavy bottom feeling as much but I do have an intermittant pain on the left side. It could be from the refrigerator repair man that was over yesterday and informed me that the repair he did on our refrigerator last week and caused the refrigerator to leak all over our wood floor was not his fault. VERY STRESSFUL evening. I had to have my neighbor come over and listen to this man yell and scream at me that it was my fault for slamming the refrigerator door. Yea right.
My DH wasn't at home for the appointment as he is a football coach. He wasn't happy when finding out that he verbally harrassed me in my own home and I have a witness to it. I was very close to calling the police.

But today is a new day...and it is beautiful out!

SM
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:20 AM

Wow, SimplyMe! Too bad 'the coach' wasn't around last night to witness the repairman's tirade! Hopefully today will be a better day for you. Sorry the rain keeps missing you guys out there. It feels like September, FINALLY after record number of 90+ degree days. I miss the 'olden days' in MN. Global warming has drastically altered our climate here.

We are still dealing w/the aftereffects of the bridge collapse. Now the bickering of what to build, how to fund it, who can see the bridge from what vantage point, people in Mpls 'owning it' when lots of us were born there and still want to see it, even if we don't live in the city anymore, still hunting for the remains of four more people...........it's a mess. My little granddaughter asks me to save all the stories in the paper for her. She crossed it twice a day so she is fascinated, of course.

I'm enjoying sitting at the computer and not pushing myself to walk quite yet, even though I will go out there sooner or later. I had no teens here last nite, not even my own, so i got in some RESTFUL sleep once the phone stopped ringing at 11:15, which is waaaaay past my bedtime. This was the craziest summer of my life I think bec. of my unexpected surgery. Totally changed EVERYthing.

I am dreading next week. Just dreading it.

Off I go to work on my class gradebooks on the computer. Take it easy, SimplyMe. I'll try to send some gentle showers your way over to Green Bay.

E.
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:22 AM

Rats! Just logged onto D2L at my college homepage and it's DOWN. RATS. I was so looking forward to quiet time working on my classes. Well, I guess it's a sign to start walking. Waaaaah. Again, a good day to all my sisters out there. Maybe I'll check out other posts on other sites and see what words I can offer to people today at the hystersisters website. Anything to procrastinate a spell before walking.
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:42 AM

O of course i don't have to work today and it is raining here in PA. Although i really don't feel like doing anything today anyways. No walking for me Ele. i'm just not a walker. Although i probably should start cuz i just can't seem to lose any weight. I'm not gaining any but not losing either. Maybe when i get back to work full time on the 27th that will help me lose some. With all the lifting and walking i do there. Everyone have a great thursday.
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:53 AM

Good morning all you skinny and not-so-skinny Sisters. Congrats to all on the weight loss. I haven't lost an ounce, but I didn't have fibroids or any other excess stuff. My TAH BSO was done because of microscopic but nasty pre-cancerous cells. My goal has been to not GAIN weight, because when I have time on my hands my natural inclination is to eat. However, with at least a good half-hour walk every day, I've managed to maintain my weight, so I'm satisfied. Sunny, I'm sorry to hear that you're still feeling crummy, but it's comforting to know I'm not the only one. I go on Monday for my 5-week check-up and I'm going to ask my doctor to give me until September 4. We're in for a couple of rainy days, but I'm having some stuff done at home: a mark on my dining room table to be repaired, carpets to be cleaned (told crew I can do NO lifting), etc. A good opportunity to check out fall wardrobe too. I've decided I want a new pants suit and then realized now is not the time to try on new pants, what with swelly belly and all. Have a great day everyone.
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:53 AM

It's great you don't walk and don't gain. If I didn't walk I'd be a very large lady I believe because I eat each day. I don't eat tons, but I eat. I love to eat. Even when I'm not hungry bec. I know if I'm moving or healing I need the food in my system. I'm sure at work your body will be aching and yep, probably losing, too. I have grown accustomed to chugging water and seem to miss it.............but who has time to run / let's say walk/ to the bathroom at school w/back to back classes four hours in a row? Sigh.

I haven't walked yet today and it's almost 9 a.m. I posted a bunch of emails on the preop side because our school website is down and I can't work on my classes right now.

Off I go. Take care, Law..........enjoy the rainy restful day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register