Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 147 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper
Presouz, about vaginal vs abdominal: I'm an old post-menopausal lady and my vagina has become dryer and less flexible, and that's why my doctor said it would have to be abdominal. He also said that it's easier to do "the works" abdominally (ovaries, tubes, uterus, cervix). Is it "abdominal" or "abominable"???
Thanks for the info... !!! Presouz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 12:55 PM

Well here it is almost 3 pm and i haven't done a blessed thing except make some swedish meatball. And i'm not even swedish. haha My allergies are really kicking in today even though i'm on prescrition meds for that. But i did notice i sneezed just awhile ago and peed at the same time. Can this be normal? Not alot just a tiny bit but so... I go to the Dr. tomorrow hopefully for last check up so i will ask him then.
Unread 08-16-2007, 02:57 PM

Advice: I am itching down there today. I was itching a couple of wks ago and now again. The dr. gave me 2 diflucans and it worked. Now, I don't know if it is just normal or not. Could it be dry. No real discharge or anything. I asked my dr. about using vitamin e capsules that I read on this site. He said it is ok. Also, I read on this site about olive oil, crisco and yogurt. I don't know about all that though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefante64
The anesthesia I still swear changed me. I am still not 'normal E'....not at all. I tried playing the music in the car yesterday and still couldn't stand it. And I tried to watch some of my favorite reality t.v. and still couldn't sit long enough or find enough interest in it to stick with it. That is very very strange for me. And I try to tell people stuff and I forget what I'm saying. "
!
You're not alone with feeling changed in the memory department since the surgery. I forget so much. I used to be able to run to the store and buy everything I needed. Now, I am lucky to bring my wallet, (I was in Trader Joe's today and left it in the car!)

I can't tolerate loud noises and get distracted easily. I tried watching The Good Shepherd a couple of nights ago and found it very difficult to follow. Even reading a book is a chore. I'll read one chapter and then have to put it down and take notes. Oye-vey
My PCP said it could take a couple of weeks or months to get back to normal. We'll see.
Moe
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moejodep
You're not alone with feeling changed in the memory department since the surgery. I forget so much. I used to be able to run to the store and buy everything I needed. Now, I am lucky to bring my wallet, (I was in Trader Joe's today and left it in the car!)

I can't tolerate loud noises and get distracted easily. I tried watching The Good Shepherd a couple of nights ago and found it very difficult to follow. Even reading a book is a chore. I'll read one chapter and then have to put it down and take notes. Oye-vey
My PCP said it could take a couple of weeks or months to get back to normal. We'll see.
Moe
I was in Target on Tuseday and had to walk out to the car to get my wallet!! I'm a little worried about this memory thing..So worried I called my boss to gently tell her that I may not be my normal self for a while. They put so much on me and the job is very stressful that I took the whole 8 wks
off. The other night I started a movie to watch with DH and got up and walked away to get on hystersisters and hubby came in to ask if I was going to finish the movie I couldn't believe that I forgot I was watching it!!

Today I'm tired but I have been dragging the kiddos to all their practices and sitting in the heat while they practice and I'am just zapped. DH has had to work late every night for the last wk so he hasn't been able to take them. Dh boss gave him MON/TUES off So I'am considering checking myself into a day spa!!
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:53 PM

Thanks for the comments, Moe. I appreciate it. The Good Shepherd is hard to follow even without having had a hysterectomy. Sad movie. Yes, I went to Target and forgot to buy some key ingredients I wanted for a salsa. Rats. I am too lazy to go back and get what I need. And I will log onto the computer and not even remember why. I remember one of the people who founded this website told me it can take a very long time for some people to overcome the effects of the anesthesia. And my left elbow still hurts like heck sometimes. It really got banged up when they put me under the anesthesia and moved me around from one room to the next and positioned me for the surgery. Owie. Well, good to know I'm not alone. Here's to hoping we both get back to normal soon. My dad called today and asked how i'm doing and i sighed and said i was frustrated w/my progress. He reminded me it was big surgery, what do i expect. Hmmmmmm.

I did walk about 50 min. today. And I biked about 2 mi. And I went in the pool for leisurely treading and movement for almost twenty min. And I still feel like I haven't done a thing. I don't know. I feel like I'm forcing it or it's not 'real'........must be the anesthesia!!

Take care everyone and good healing to you all this evening. E. And thanks again, Moe, so I don't feel so alone in my muddled brain. It's kind of creepy.
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:57 PM

About the memory thing: I'd give you an inspiring reply except I can't remember what I was going to say
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:01 PM
back to work...

Hi everyone! Wow, i've missed not being able to check in and read the posts this week. I've worked 8 to 9 hours everyday this week preparing my classroom, attending meetings and finally today--Open House!!! I wore sandals with a small heel today for the first time since surgery. wheewwww, am I tired! But I have to share with you all that I am feeling so great. Its almost like I never had surgery. My only complaint is a lower backache sometimes and i really feel that when i have to bend to reach something off of the floor. That part is still hard for me. But other than that......doing great. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to spend a little time reading everyone's posts to catch up on your progress.

Being back at work I've missed my hystersister website, my slippers and my mornings!!!!! Hugs to all!
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper
About the memory thing: I'd give you an inspiring reply except I can't remember what I was going to say
Thats to Funny!!
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:09 PM

How wonderful for you, Phillipians. I am so jealous. I am so happy you feel normal except for a little lower backache and that you are working so much in the classroom getting ready for school. I couldn't even make it thru the microsoft word 07 training yesterday. Rats! I thought I was in good shape, too. Good for you, good for you and thanks for remembering us all and for checking in. YOu have a restful evening; you deserve it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register