Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 149 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

For several years, I have parked in the same 2 rows at Walmart. That way if I forget where I parked, I don't have to walk so far looking. I've also had problems with words not coming out the way I meant. Mostly mispronounciations. If anyone has noticed, they haven't said anything. Course they think I talk funny cause I'm not a born & bred Texan. They say it most be a "Yankee" thing. The thing that is really bugging me is my spelling & grammer when I am typing. I pride myself on my spelling. I drive DH up the wall when I dissect newspaper articles. (Doesn't anyone proofread anymore?) I pride myself on my spelling. And I keep finding mistakes in my posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2007, 10:17 PM

I'm 30, and I feel like I'm never going to heal, so age doesn't mean someone will heal better than another.

I tried telling my husband that hormone replacement could cause um...uh...could cause...what do I want to say? Uh...I finally said "dementia," but it took about 5 minutes to get there!!!

Also, E., I love music, but I've been really annoyed with it too lately, along with most other noises.

Maybe our doctors really did mini-labatomies while we were under? That would explain a lot!
Unread 08-17-2007, 03:38 AM

Morning everyone!

I have just been reading through all your posts and really giggling, the forgetfulness is something I never anticipated but its happening thats for sure!

I actually forgot my husband was home and in the study working and phoned him on his mobile...ha ha..he was just in the next room and I was confused when I heard the phone ring thinking he had left his mobile at home by mistake and when he answered...ha ha!

I am the same with music, find it very irritating and don't like being surrounded with noise.

Have a good day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 05:32 AM
good morning!!

Today ladies i go to the Dr. at 8:30 this morning. For hopefully last final check up. I'm hoping he gives me the ok to do everything except all the lifting i have to do at work. Because i sure my husband is ready for one of them to be released. ha ha O well i'll let you all know how it went when i get back. Also today is banking day and stuff so it may be awhile.
Unread 08-17-2007, 05:36 AM

Good luck today Law !
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:09 AM

TGIF Girls!

I been enjoying hearing all the back-to-work stories! I am really glad I've got til Sept 4th as my job is very physical...!

My days have been sooo hectic...lots going on here...I have 2 kids starting back to college and a Senior and a Junior in HS...yesterday had to go talk to their guidence councelor about switching out and adding in different classes...dd's is all good now but waiting on phone call today for the Senior...they start back Tues. 21st and the 2 college ones start back the 27th...confusing stuff going on with my ds senior year regarding gym...any of you school system girls guidence councelors take care of scheduling classes at high school level?

Still need to take dd clothes shopping...Pray for me that day...she is soooo absolutely fanatic...she cut off all her jeans from last year to make shorts this summer so you can imagine...and all she likes is $70.00 & up Hollister jeans OMG help me...she is the fashion queen but has no $$$ LOL!

Already took my ds (he'll be the senior) and he was done within the hour...he had tried on 5 pairs jeans (loved them all) and picked out 7 shirts and said he's good to go! Boys...gotta love them when it comes to shopping!!! He has a job and we went half $ with him...nice...he has his shoes picked out but we didn't get them quite yet!

DD on the other hand GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Nice thing though her and I can wear eachothers clothes so I benefit a little on that end...

Both the college kids totally take care of those needs themselves...NICE!

Trying to savor what's left of the easy-days of summer...laundry becomes massive during school year to keep ahead of...hectic mornings...bad moods...etc...

We are all looking forward to going away for 4 days over the Labor Day weekend...because for OBVIOUS reasons we haven't gotten a vacation together this summer...!

They are all looking forward to it counting the days down. I on the other hand dreading it getting closer (although can't wait) cause that will be my final time home...I will go back to work Tuesday after exhausting vacation...

Well what a ramble that was...thanks for listening!

Anyone got fun plans for the weekend????????
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:35 AM
Happy Friday

I am very happy to see other people similarly affected by the anesthesia. At least I am not 'old' 'crazy' and alone in this. It is a relief of sorts.

I had the hardest time EVER falling asleep. I think too much. I was very fitful in the bed. Toss. Turn. Try to get comfortable. I laid there until 7, which is unheard of for me because I am usually running around at 5 a.m. on a daily basis.

Nothing new to report. Monday I'll be six weeks since surgery. Maybe I'll miraculously wake up my good old self. Ha ha.

Heal, heal, heal today my sisters. Sunny, your story of calling your husband on the cell when he was in the other room...........I LOVE IT.

Take care!
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:39 AM

Good morning all -
I have been reading the posts but haven't really had time to reply. I hope everyone is feeling better - hey, just remember where we were about 5 weeks ago -

I wanted to chime in just briefly on the adominal vs. the vaginal. I originally was suppose to have the LAH. During my pre-op exam, however, my doctor/surgeon told me that he could not perform the vaginal because of the tilt and shape of my uterus due to the fibroids. I did not have an extremely large uterus but he said that it would be too complicated (the extraction) and it could damage other parts of my insides.

Memory loss? I think mine has actually gotten better. PMS did a real number on me including messing with memory. I would get absent-minded and not able to retain anything for two days prior to the onset of my period. I use to laugh about it with a friend at work because it would happen to her also and we could always tell when one of us was about to get a visit.

One question I have for anyone who still has an ovary. As I got older, I started to recognize when I was ovulating because I would get "frisky" (for lack of a better term) and apparently, mine is functioning again. Should I expect to have some form of PMS since that is related to hormones also?
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:42 AM

Good luck, Law! Let us know how the appt. went. Take care. E.

Ah, shopping w/teens and schedules at schools. My DD starts high school and will go Tuesday to get her schedule. She is LD but has one that doesn't qualify for IEP. Gets good grades and fails every test. Tons of other symptoms but won't go into it. I'm ready for trauma on Tuesday: can't find rooms, locker not found, not opened, classes too far away from each other, scared, halls hard to navigate, turned around/upside down looking for locales, etc. Luckily my sister in law has her MA in LD stuff and so I will call her screaming for help if the scenario above plays out. This weekend our family is getting together for a lunch and so I will give sister in law a heads up.

And DD dyed her hair AGAIN yesterday after promising never ever ever to do it again (lol that was six weeks ago)....TEENS. I have a 28 yr old and a 14 yr old and i'm a single mom and they are totally different from each other. And then i have the 9 yr old granddaughter. Sigh.

Yeah, maybe going back to work will be easier than real life, eh? Happy Friday to you all and continue healing. Let's see what I can get done today. It's our last sunny day here. It looks like we are really truly going to get some RAIN and LOTS of rain.

Also this weekend they are closing major major highways around Mpls to try and restripe everything for more lanes bec. of the bridge collapse. What a mess. They have now found all but two victims. Relief. I hope they find the last two very soon.

Adios. I'm rambling. As usual. Forgetful me....I said goodbye a long time ago, didn't I? I'm just like GEmini!
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:58 AM

Gemini -

Are your college students commuters or do they stay on campus? My middle son heads back on the 26th and stays on campus. He has learned to be thrifty and does work but I still have to basically take care of most of his initial needs. But you are right about the guys vs. the gals.... God knew what He was doing when He didn't give me any daughters! I have had the wonderful experience of knowing some really nice young ladies but there is no way I could afford one! My youngest son is slightly metro and I cringe everytime we go into a store together - even when he goes in half. He is going to be a senior in high school this year and is looking into colleges. He wants a small, private school like his brother so even with scholarship money - we are going into the poor house. Oh well, it will be worth it when they take care of my husband and I in our old age. That is how it suppose to work, isn't it? (Hahahahahah...............)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register