Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 151 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Yes, Simplyme ... i still get twinges. Last nite i was happily lying on my stomach flat out on the bed and then ouch, needle point pain. Time to move. Rats! And today I walked as fast as I could, but got some knottiness along the path. Now I'm sitting like a sloth in the house resting. We sure do all heal differently. Glad to know you are making progress. Thanks for checking in today and you have a great weekend. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 11:46 AM

Well i made it back from the Dr.s appointment. I got the go ahead for everything but the sex. He said 3 more weeks on that one, my husband is going to be devastated. Finally i can soak in the tub. He said vag. cuff and vag. still need to heal more before anything else can go in it. The check up did not hurt at all. Actually there is nothing in there to hurt anymore now. Still have some desolving stictches that still need to desolve. I guess they can take awhile. The Dr. also said i can go back to all the heavy lifting after sept.10th. Even though i don't want to but what can you do. He gave the ok so ok. Otherwise i feel fantastic. Well i guess hubby and me will have to find other things to do cuz we are both getting pretty ***** by now. I know he is. ha ha. Well talk more later. O yah ele. call the school kitchen and they can make a copy of all the stuff your daughter bought for those last couple of months. Thats what we did in our kitchen for some parents to. Otherwise the money should go to the highschool for her.
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:58 AM

Last night my belly was really griping at me. Had a birthday party for DS who is now 9. Getting things ready I didn't have time to pamper myself. I did have a teenager from church help me clean the day before, but. . . .
Then I that evening I laid down beside DH to wake him up for the first day of his new job and laid WRONG! Then I couldn't get up & was laying on his arm so he couldn't get up to help me, so the only thing left to do was roll off the bed. Oooocccchhh.
As for the kids at public school, one of the many reasons our son is in our christian academy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 06:14 PM

Where is everybody??? I hope the quiet in here means everyone's feeling good and doing fun stuff. How did those who went to work get along? I must be getting better because I'm finally getting a little fidgety: I want to be DOING stuff. I've done a few small household chores -- emphasis on small -- such as painting a picture frame and touching up a couple of marks on walls with a dab of paint, but no carrying heavy cans or anything like that. Still, by this hour the belly is swelly and sore. Half of me wants to get back to work and the other half is telling me to take my time. I have a feeling the second half will win. How's everyone else doing?
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini3
TGIF Girls!

I been enjoying hearing all the back-to-work stories! I am really glad I've got til Sept 4th as my job is very physical...!

My days have been sooo hectic...lots going on here...I have 2 kids starting back to college and a Senior and a Junior in HS...yesterday had to go talk to their guidence councelor about switching out and adding in different classes...dd's is all good now but waiting on phone call today for the Senior...they start back Tues. 21st and the 2 college ones start back the 27th...confusing stuff going on with my ds senior year regarding gym...any of you school system girls guidence councelors take care of scheduling classes at high school level?

Anyone got fun plans for the weekend????????
OMG Gem, I think I'd have to run away. I can barely deal with my hs senior....he's in my office every day complaining about this teacher or that. Finally told him to go see his admin, there wasn't anything I could do for him Unfortunatley for us she will be gone for the next 4 weeks with her own hysterectomy. About the counselors...don't let them tell you they can't do something because they can do anything. Squeeky wheel gets what they want.

No fun plans for me. I called the dr today because I have just been having this weird "everything is falling out" feeling. Everything else is fine. He said he thinks it's normal healing but to rest this weekend. I have my 6 week next week so I hope he say's I am A okay.
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:18 PM

I'm here, but have to share computer w/lots of girls, both big and small. So it's my turn. I'm here. Today I did an almost hour walk out on a trail cut in half by new bridge construction (like I said....sounds like MN, eh?)... and rode four 1/2 mile laps on DD's bike without her knowing it bec. it's a better bike. I just finished walking 2 laps. My abdomen is still sore and goes owie sometimes and the chest too. I ate toooo much dinner, even though it was just homemade salsa, roast chicken and corn on the cob. That's it and it hurts in there. Owie. So that's why I walked. It's nice and cool outside so good walking weather today. But I'm pooped. Exhausted. And still brain altered/not normal in the brain cells dept. I kind of read the paper. I checked my enrollments and wrote a couple of work emails but did little else. Don't know where the time goes...........well, picked up little one across the river and back and made part of the dinner. I'm tired but my tummy feels soooooooooooo full. I wish I could walk more but I think I will call it a nite!

Everyone have a great Friday evening, and hoping you all continue to heal............E.
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper
Where is everybody??? I hope the quiet in here means everyone's feeling good and doing fun stuff. How did those who went to work get along? I must be getting better because I'm finally getting a little fidgety: I want to be DOING stuff. I've done a few small household chores -- emphasis on small -- such as painting a picture frame and touching up a couple of marks on walls with a dab of paint, but no carrying heavy cans or anything like that. Still, by this hour the belly is swelly and sore. Half of me wants to get back to work and the other half is telling me to take my time. I have a feeling the second half will win. How's everyone else doing?

HELLO BOPPER IM HERE.. I am the exact same way want to do chores and pick up but cant, my room is a mess, I had my DD put away a few things for me. She is leaving the weekend so I hope I dont do more then I should.. I did a grocery run and had her put it all away. I am getting ready to watch a DVD, you can get a 30 day free rentals from online blockbuster, I love it! Talk soon be well and heal safe! Presouz
Unread 08-17-2007, 06:22 PM

Hi everyone. Law, great to hear your appt. went well except for the three week wait for 'fun'............and thanks for the info re: lunch. The lunch lady wrote back that my DD will get a new pin # (rats, more for her poor brain to learn) and I sent $$ today w/the old pin so that's probably why the new acct. isn't showing any $$ yet. Thanks for the advice. It's true that the lunch ladies are soooo sweet. And DD has a tree nut allergy, so she is very very very careful about foods and asking 'does that have nuts in it?' all the time.

Capt Crunch hope everything feels better w/rest. Really I hope it does/ hope your six week is EARLY next week rather than later so you can make sure everything is okay in there.

Sometimes I feel like my ovaries are hurtin'....they never have in the past but looking at pictures of anatomy, that's kind of where the knots and pins and needles are sometimes. Owie. And I feel soooooooo full from dinner right now.

A good Friday evening to all of you ladies as you continue to heal......E
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Power Outage!

Sorry I have been away. We had a 6hrs storm last night from 8pm-2am. Lost power (that never happens around here) and it wasn't restored till late tonite. I was at my sister's till I got the call and came home.

Shopping FYI:

Well, I don't know ladies. I have a son in college that will be 19 on the 27th. This will be his 2nd yr in college. He doesn't shop too often, but I also shop for him. He will only wears certain things. You know how these young people are. He is selective and everything must match. Boys are into the sneakers and caps. Also, my son wears everything. Not just jeans and t-shirts. He actually wears pants, dress clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc. I always taught him to be diverse with his clothing. You spend money with either child. He is my only, so you know how that goes. I raised him alone for the most part. Meaning there was some male input in his life. I was married and divorced early. Also, boys usually get a car sooner than girls. I'm gonna miss him when he leaves on the 25th. He has been a big help running up/down the steps for me during recovery.
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Thank God for Hystersisters!

Sorry I have been away. We had a 6hr storm last night (thursday)from 8pm-2am. We sure needed it though. Lost power (that never happens around here) and it wasn't restored till late tonite. I was at my sister's till I got the call and came home. .....
Thank God my son got here safely from work. He works not even a mile from here. I told him to wait till it slacked up. It did for a minute, then he stayed in his car because the storm was too strong and we have a tree in the front of the house. Ladies, it was not good for my recovery. My body tensed up so pain and I had those pins/needles pain and the right side was killing me all day. I ended up having to take 2 oxycodone today and still expercing some discomfort. The downstairs stayed pretty cool, but upstairs was hot. I took my groceries to my sister's this evening because I didn't want it to spoil and it was a lot of meats in there. My son was out enjoying someone's AC and I had to pack it up alone right before dark and carry it to the car. Once I got to my sister's I was in a lot of pain and she got it out. I brought home just a few things and my son will pick up the rest tomorrow after work. This is the 2nd worst day I have had since surgery. Day 7 and Day 35 (5 wks). Thank the Lord for you guys. Everyone else would think I am being a drama queen. Now, I can't sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register