Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 152 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-18-2007, 06:16 AM
Sorry Jennice

Sorry Jennice you had such a hard time w/the lights out. That's a lot of moving/lifting to try and save stuff in the fridge. My neighbors had an electric cord strung over to my house last Monday to make sure their fridge still ran when my power was still on and theirs not during a big storm. Today's worry here is torrential rains, and I have to be out driving, so hope I don't get stuck anywhere w/people in the car. I'm sorry your body aches so much. I got a few weird and strong twinges last nite and in the night including this a.m. Sometimes I think, 'i'm gonna take something for it' but usually by then the pain passes if I rest or change position. Or I think maybe the pain is from using new muscles that have been resting for many weeks now.

Almost the six week mark...coming up on Monday....from having the surgery. I'm still mad at my banged up left elbow but other than that I'm hanging in. I have a harder time dragging my tired bones from the bed now. It's 7:14 a.m. By this time my DD would be on her school bus and I'd be halfway to work. And here I sit all grungy, with no breakfast in my belly, no shower, no dressing up, no paper read.... sigh. I hope my former self returns SOON since I go back to work on Wed.

Take care Jennice. I hope after you posted emails here and at 'chat' that you were able to get some rest. I hope your Saturday goes better.

Happy healing to you all today, sisters.

E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 06:57 AM
stress

You know I truly believe thinking back and especially this week, the days I felt the most pain were the days I was most stressed. It is so very true how much we are tensing our bodies and not noticing it.

I also have a son in college(he will be a junior this year and 21 on 9/7) and I have a daughter who just turned 18 and is a senior in HS. It has caused extra stress trying to get both prepared and also looking at colleges for my daughter to attend next fall. We also had the whole mishap with the refrigerator repair man freaking out on my kitchen floor after assessing the damage done to our wood floor from another technition of his replaced the water valve. He told me it was because I slammed the refrigerator door over and over which then caused it to leak on the bottom! My neighbor was a witness to the harrassment, and when they both left, I cried. I cried. and I cried!

That night I was exhausted. The next day I felt like I hit a wall. Yesterday was much better but I also feel as if everything is going to fall out, and that heavy bottom feeling.There is an area on my left side of the vaginal wall, that feels like there is a bulge. I feel it when I sit and sometimes when I am walking. I cannot say it is painful just bothersome and I constantly am aware of it.
I think the bacterial infection of the vaginal cuff is gone but now I think I may have a yeast infection from the strong antibiotics that were given to me to get rid of it
And E-I also feel the pain intermittantly on either side...almost as if it could be the ovaries as well. I also get a pulling sensation, tender area, the whole area directly above my pubic bone. It almost seems like I could draw a line of where I am stitched. I also feel like they took my brain out along with the uterus! When I went in for my preop appointment, the dr asked me if I was ready...and I said so ready you could take it out through my ear and I would not care! LOL! Maybe he did!!! i really feel the anesthesia did a number on me as well!

As I tell my husband...besides that, everything else is great!

SM
Unread 08-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Have a good Saturday, Simplyme. It's supposed to rain BUCKETS here and soon. My sister is out training for the 60 mi. cancer walk which 'finally' begins next Friday. She is tired out from walking 40-50 mi. each weekend to train for it. We have a family gathering at my parents' house at noon. I couldn't cook prior to surgery and still don't. I went to CUB and got tabouli and a light slaw and that's what I'm taking for my contribution. Teens and granddaughter are still asleep and i'm going to try and walk two little laps before the heavens open up. There will be no other walking today. My sister and her team are determined to train thru noon so they will be drowned creatures for sure.

A good saturday to you. Thanks for sharing the weird aches/pains/anesthesia stuff w/me, Simplyme. It helps to know i'm not alone. Take care. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 07:43 AM
Wink - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 rain

We are possibly going to get rain tonight. It has not rained here in over two months. There is a pre-season Packer game tonight, go figure, Lambeau Field is not enclosed!
Oh well, we won't be there tonight. We have a housewarming/Packer party to go to.

I am getting out to walk asap. The cool weather is nice and my dogs like it so much better also. I am looking forward to fall.

i hope to get out to golf tomorrow...don't worry sisters, I won't do much. Taking it a little bit at a time.

Good day to you all!

SM
Unread 08-18-2007, 08:15 AM

E- What is tabouli?
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:11 AM

Tabouli........hmmmm how to describe it. I'd go for the internet for recipes. It's bulgar wheat, tomato, cukes, lime (i think) juice, tomato and fresh mint or parsley depending on taste...........the internet is full of recipes. It's a Middle Eastern dish. I love it. Being an ESL teacher I have eaten a lot of interesting foods in my lifetime, plus traveling to/living in several Spanish speaking countries. It's good, but it depends on your taste!!

Take care everyone. It is POURING now. I only got one lap in and quit. I wrote on a weight gain/loss thread that the only exercise I might get today is lifting the fork to my mouth at the big huge luncheon at my mom's and dad's.

On Thursday I'm going to opening day of the MN state fair. I am already trying to figure out how I will eat what i love. I never pig out like some folks do but i know i won't be able to walk from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. like usual and so it's going to be a challenge.

Rain, rain, rain, it's RAINING FINALLY. All my dead grass came to life with the terrible storms of last weekend so this is icing on the cake so to speak.

Okay. Gotta GO. Got two teens to wake up in 15 min. and the little one wants to come back on the computer. E.
Unread 08-18-2007, 10:00 AM
rain

So glad it is raining for you!!!!! I hope it comes our way tonight!!!!

You are too funny about the exercise. Fork to mouth
I just got back from a 3 mile walk. I went at a steady pace and a bout half way home, we walk past a park with a porta potty. My two dogs and i made a pit stop for what I would call just urgency as I sure did not have to go very much!!!! I never sit on the seat, so hoovering used up all of my lifting for the day! Could not wait to wash my hands when I got home!

Enjoy your day!

SM
Unread 08-18-2007, 10:04 AM

I am sooooooooooo jealous you got to walk. I think it's going to rain all day. I think we have 90% chance. I can't wait to see my sister at noon. She has been walking since about 7 a.m. to train for that cancer walk next weekend. Today it feels like Sept. out there and hopefully next weekend, too.....Aug. is usually so HOT and we've broken the 90 degree days in record numbers until late this week. I enjoy the rain, but my legs are VERY restless not walking. We'll see what i can do. It's not like i can jump rope in the house or anything. I'm still worried about healing inside where I can't get a look. I guess if Monday is my sixth week anniversary I can do 'whatever' eh? I eyed the packs of bottled water this a.m. at CUB but added up how much those things weigh and decided not to try and lift. I can't see how Monday I'm going to want to lift that stuff, either! I don't see my doc until 8/31 after the 2.5 week check up so I will just be patient and 'good to myself.'

Ooohhhh i am soooo jealous you had the lovely walk, SM! Now you have good reason to take it easy for a while and feel so proud.

Later..........we will leave soon to go to the lunch. You have fun at your Packers party tonite! E
Unread 08-18-2007, 11:46 AM

E- I'l have to look that recipe up. It sounds good.

Glad you guys are getting rain. It's all around us here, but all we have gotten is enough to stir the dust. We are ready for some but not like we had in June.
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyme
Yesterday was much better but I also feel as if everything is going to fall out, and that heavy bottom feeling.There is an area on my left side of the vaginal wall, that feels like there is a bulge. I feel it when I sit and sometimes when I am walking. I cannot say it is painful just bothersome and I constantly am aware of it.

SM
That is the exact same thing I am having. I can't tell you what a relief it is to hear someone else experiencing it. I tried to explain it to dh, I said "Imagine feeling all of the time that there is something between your legs. Oh wait, you have that." He just looked at me like I had lost the last bit of sense I have. My call to the doc said it is normal healing. I also woke this morning to the twinges in my left side. I'm chalking it all up to healing. I have my 6 week on Thursday...dh is excited. I told him about Laws 3 week extension on the "no sex" and he just couldn't believe it. "Just too hard" he says. Men.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register