Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 153 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

[quote=captain crunch]That is the exact same thing I am having. I can't tell you what a relief it is to hear someone else experiencing it. I tried to explain it to dh, I said "Imagine feeling all of the time that there is something between your legs.

I was released from my Dr. on the 10th. that was exactly 4 weeks from the day of surgery. I was in the week before with a vaginal cuff infection. When he did the exam, it hurt for the 3 week exam but not for the 4 week. He said I had the go ahead for everything....just ease into it.
I called this week Tuesday because I can still feel that bulge. He wants to see me again this coming Friday to check to see if I developed a cystocele, enterocele, or rectocele. I do not think it is a high grade one, but there is something just not right. Until the appointment he said to go back to avoid lifting heavy objects. No problem there!

SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 01:48 PM

[quote=SimplymeI can still feel that bulge. He wants to see me again this coming Friday to check to see if I developed a cystocele, enterocele, or rectocele. I do not think it is a high grade one, but there is something just not right. SM[/QUOTE]

Well you are just full of good news aren't ya Sim?
I had to look those terms up. If anything mine would be the bladder since my bulge is in the front. Ya know, this was pretty much elective for me. Stage 3 prolapse and a thumb sized polyp..no biggie, could have waited. But nooooo, I had to "get it over with". So the rest of me is going to rebell and try to get out too? I don't THINK so.
A friend of mine is having a bladder sling done in December. She still has all of her lady parts but her bladder has prolapsed. Don't want to have to do that. Guess I'll just have to spend a few hours a day standing on my head.
Unread 08-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Rain!!!

LAdies,
It is raining!!! We have not seen rain all summer! It has been in the 90's and we have had very few cloudy days which means our lawns and gardens can sure use it!!!!! I AM SO GLAD I WALKED THIS AM!
Captain Crunch- You are too funny. stand on your head...as soon as I read up on it at Mayo.com, I was doing the kegels nonstop. I am keeping it in there!!!!
I try not to think about it.... hoping it is my imagination. I just thought it was part of the healing process except when I asked and no one said they were feeling that way. I started to get worried. I think it is normal to feel it in the beginning recovery of a vag hysterectomy but not still feeling this way at 5 weeks. Funny thing is...I told them early on, that I could feel it. It was so swullen on my bottom that when I would urinate, it would not have a single stream, I would end up urinating all over my rearend. I know that sounds odd but it is true. I think, and this is my thoughts only, that when it is swullen, like at the end of the day or when I am having a BM and pushing, the stream gets pushed to the side.

I hate to create a nasty mental picture, but that is how it feels and what happens!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 02:28 PM

Gemmie, I am still in pain sometimes. Like yesterday. I was so stressed thursday night during the storm when the lights went out and all day yesterday while they were still out, that my entire tummy was hurting. Normally, it is just on the right side where the work was done. I am feeling better today. I went back to work wed & thurs for 6 hrs each day, so that probably didn't help. I am 5 wks post op. I get some occasional itching too. I think it depends on wht you eat, how u sleep, exercise and stress. What kind of work do u do?
Unread 08-18-2007, 02:39 PM

Jennice, I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. I hope today has been better and that the pain has eased. I haven't heard or read anything about spots like you're having, and I agree you should call your doctor. However, in the meantime let's assume that because they don't hurt it's probably nothing serious.
Gemmie, I had TAH/BSO and still feel pain if I do too much or if I sit for too long. It feels sort of like period cramps, ranging from mild cramps to the kind that won't let me go to sleep unless I take some ibuprofen. Somewhere on this site there's a Q&A page, and one of the questions is "How long will I feel pain?" They say it's not unusual to feel occasional pain for as much as six months, so I guess we have to be patient. I sat through a movie this afternoon, having taken 200 mg of ibuprofen first to make me comfortable. Now I'm going for a walk to work out some of the kinks. That yellow/green discharge doesn't sound too good, so I'd ask the doctor about that. I'm no expert, but it seems to me that kind of colour usually signals an infection. Good luck!
Unread 08-18-2007, 03:27 PM

I am 5 weeks post op. I h ad a vaginal surgery and left one ovart. Have being doing pretty good I am still having this burning sensation when i go to the bathroom. I t burns in my vagina. I have been on antibiotics for two weeks.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bea Well
If your hysterectomy was between Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. This thread is not for chit-chat. It is not a chatroom.
  • 3. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be closed at 8 weeks post-op.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Unread 08-18-2007, 04:18 PM

I have occasional itching down there. When I take anti-biotics, I always need to take diflucan afterwards. Maybe, you should call the dr. again.
Unread 08-18-2007, 04:31 PM
HI everyone

I just read on the post op side that post op discussion closes at about 8 weeks post op. I wonder if this 'chat' does, too!

Well, i ate too much lunch and tried to walk in the pouring rain and I only got three laps in. It's sooo cold and my shoes and socks got soaking wet. I want to walk, but can't. Such is life.

Happy healing to you all. I currently have a quiet house where I can actually use the computer, so I'm going to try and catch up on some stuff. Take care everyone. E.
Unread 08-18-2007, 04:43 PM

Thank, Bopper. Part of my message was removed to a new thread. Now, no one won't respond to it since they don't know me. I have gotten comfortable with you guys and enjoy sharing stories. I hav been icing withe the gel packs and don't know if that has anything to do with it.
Unread 08-18-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefante64
I just read on the post op side that post op discussion closes at about 8 weeks post op. I wonder if this 'chat' does, too!
No, this chat thread doesn't close.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register