Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 155 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-18-2007, 07:40 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Thanks girls.
I've been on bp meds for several years. Mom has it, all my brothers too (baby bro diagnosed few months ago). Last fall, shortly after I started working in the cafeteria, my bp went up and I started having angina attacks. Spent a night in the hosp. Dr adjusted my meds and sent me to a heart dr. Took about a week for my body to adjust to the meds. Heart dr said no blockages. Hadn't had problems with angina since. BP been great. Until the last couple of weeks. Had a bad day with it yesterday and had just about convinced myself I had forgotten my morning meds yesterday, & now it's acting up again. I just needed to whine a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 09:01 PM

Hi ladies! I've not been able to check in. I've been so busy that by the time i am able to check my email, I'm ready to fall asleep and that is exactly what happens! LOL I had my Open House at school this morning. Seems like a nice group of kids and parents this year. Then went off with both teenagers to finish up some of their back to school shopping. DS begins his freshman year in college and DD starts her senior year in high school. I cant believe my son is in college? that is so weird! when did that happen? and my little girl a senior? its unreal how time all of a sudden has passed by sooooooooo fast!

Feeling great btw although that dull backache is still there. I wonder if I will have bachache forever now??? I've had no discharge for two straight days so I'm thinking that is over. Monday makes 6 weeks for me and its the same day that school officially begins for students!

I'm off to read everyone's posts.....
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroads
Thanks girls.
I've been on bp meds for several years. Mom has it, all my brothers too (baby bro diagnosed few months ago). Last fall, shortly after I started working in the cafeteria, my bp went up and I started having angina attacks. Spent a night in the hosp. Dr adjusted my meds and sent me to a heart dr. Took about a week for my body to adjust to the meds. Heart dr said no blockages. Hadn't had problems with angina since. BP been great. Until the last couple of weeks. Had a bad day with it yesterday and had just about convinced myself I had forgotten my morning meds yesterday, & now it's acting up again. I just needed to whine a little.
Crossroads I can relate to the rapid heart rate..I woke up Yesterday morning with mine pounding out my chest counted it at 110-130 resting this lasted a while then just stopped. I was diagnosed with this condition when I was 28yrs old every time I went in my resting heart rate would send out out alarm bells I did a heart monitor that proved that my heart rate was high but normal sinus. They put me on a beta blocker but it just lowered my blood pressure so low they had to stop it. So I had to put up with it for about 2-3 yrs and for some reason it leveled out to 60-70. So I really wasn't happy yesterday to deal with the heart rate being so high it is an absolute horrible feeling. I hope its part of my recovery and I've been over doing it with getting the kids ready for school. I hope this gets better for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
Sorry I have been away. We had a 6hr storm last night (thursday)from 8pm-2am. We sure needed it though. Lost power (that never happens around here) and it wasn't restored till late tonite. I was at my sister's till I got the call and came home. .....
Thank God my son got here safely from work. He works not even a mile from here. I told him to wait till it slacked up. It did for a minute, then he stayed in his car because the storm was too strong and we have a tree in the front of the house. Ladies, it was not good for my recovery. My body tensed up so pain and I had those pins/needles pain and the right side was killing me all day. I ended up having to take 2 oxycodone today and still expercing some discomfort. The downstairs stayed pretty cool, but upstairs was hot. I took my groceries to my sister's this evening because I didn't want it to spoil and it was a lot of meats in there. My son was out enjoying someone's AC and I had to pack it up alone right before dark and carry it to the car. Once I got to my sister's I was in a lot of pain and she got it out. I brought home just a few things and my son will pick up the rest tomorrow after work. This is the 2nd worst day I have had since surgery. Day 7 and Day 35 (5 wks). Thank the Lord for you guys. Everyone else would think I am being a drama queen. Now, I can't sleep.
I'am so sorry about your ordeal! I had my electric box stolen in my 4th wk of recovery lost all the groceries! We even had it stocked so that we could get thru my recovery time. So much for that Idea. I'am so sorry about your pain hope your feeling a little better.
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz
I too had higher than normal BP at times and a racing heart and stress from even watching a TV show or the news, or a movie for the past few years. I know your pain, I had to get some meds for it a few years ago, I take antivan about 5 times a week, it stays in your system for less time then xanax does, so they say it will not build up in your system like xanax does. I didnt like xanax, kept me TOO groggy. I woke up from a bad dream a few times post surgery and was ready to climb the walls, I had to take my antivan to calm down, I think its part of hormone imbalance. I am not sure, but I never had this problem pre my peri menopause. So many things changed for me 9 years ago when it all started, even though all the doctors told me year after year I was not peri menopuase, I knew something was wrong, and until Feb 2007 when I found my new OB, I had thought I was going nuts, she reassured me, all my problems were from menopuase. I will love her for that forever, my sanity was restored. heh heh. When your mind is clear and you know there is something wrong with you and its not in your head, your body feels better too, well mine did!
My PC lumped my overactive heartrate to me be mentally unstable also. It was my OBgyn who told me that my PC was crazy that know one stays in a constast 24 hr state anxiety or stress he sent me to a cardiologist that I still have to see yearly. Cardiologist confirmed that nope I'am mentally good I just at that time had a really high heart rate all day everyday. I'am so glad that it is beating at a more normal rate now I don't have to do the yearly heart monitor. It's kinda of funny though now that it is normal I find myself checking it to make sure its still beating!! Except for yesterday morning it made itself known hope this doesn't become the norm.
Unread 08-18-2007, 10:17 PM

Thanks God and bless the LORD some doctors know their stuff! I have had too many bad experiences over the past 10 years, when I need help the most they all failed me. I am pro active now and do research after reading a book call YOU the patient, it sure did open my eyes... Good luck with your healing!! Nice to hear from you..
Unread 08-18-2007, 10:41 PM

Welcome back, Phil446.
Law,
I want to take a bath. I am usually a shower taker. But sometimes, I do like to soak in the tub. I learned a while back, just to use plain water. I itch too much with bath beads, bubble bath, oils, etc. I could take a bath after 4 wks and still haven't done it. I am infection free right now and don't want to set anything off. I had to take a couple of diflucan's right a couple of wks after surgery prob due to the anti-biotics in my IV. But, boy, does that bath sound good. It will prob help with this swelly belly. Tell me more about the bath. I am hating, Law.
Unread 08-19-2007, 05:04 AM

Hi everyone

Hope you are enjoying a relaxing Sunday!

Its a work day here and I am just back from my 6 week check. I have all clear for driving / swimming and that special sport as she so sweetly put it!! ha ha!!

Signed off work for a further 2 weeks to try to get to grips with this pain on my right side and my right leg. The consultant now thinks it is vein related and I have some Daflon medication and more painkillers.

She was at pains to tell me the surgery had not been straighforward due to the large size of the fibroids and the extent of the adeno. She said she could still feel several layers of stitches on my right side and that the pain would go on for several months if I overdid it as I am pulled and stiched very tightly in that specific place where she said she had done all the work!

The vein problem can be common after surgery she says anyone else heard of that????

So, I got my further 2 weeks off work - yay!!! They won't be best pleased!

Anyone else had 6 week post op reports this week?

Take care

Unread 08-19-2007, 05:28 AM

Good morning Sunny,
Lucky you to have two more weeks. I go back to work next Monday (the 27th) and I just don't feel ready to jump in to the old routine yet. I hate to say it, but my husband is back to doing little around the house and it is a mess. I mean he does help - but it becoming less and less - and lets face it -many men don't have the same standards for cleaning as women do.
I've considered hiring someone but I shouldn't have to do so.

I am sorry that you re still having problems with your vein pain. Mine has let up and the doctor feels that by my description, he thinks I might have a little disc disease in my back. I had back labor with all of my children (years ago) so it really isn't too far fetched. Since I am not experiencing any continual pain, so at this point, I've let it drop.

Once I am back to "normal", my hematologist wants me to investigate my glucose level. Although I wasn't fasting at the time - he still was a bit concerned about the number on a blood test I had before the surgery. I do have a problem eating starchy carbs - especially mid-day - they make me extremely drowsy and lethargic. Presently, I avoid those types of carbs at lunch (bread, cake, rolls, that sort of thing)- otherwise I can't get through the rest of the work day without feel like needing to sleep.
Unread 08-19-2007, 05:34 AM

Hi Mimi,

It may be wise to get this checked out as most people do tend to grab a sandwich at lunch and if it makes you that drowsy it must be a pain. I get that afternoon snooze lull but not to that extent.

Are you able to go back part time initially? I must admit I am glad I have another 2 weeks off...but its really going to be bad when I finally go back. I am not going to want to go back and to have to return straight back into 12-14 hour days without a break and then working from blackberry at home is going to knock me for six!! I will long for my naps!

I hope you can at least take it easy next week and get back into the routine gently.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Hugs xxxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register