Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 162 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Good morning everyone. I just woke up about an hour ago, wow. Sorry to hear about the car accident Gemini. Thank god they are ok. Yah the dreaded call, I do remember those days with my 3 kids. (adults now). What a crappy day here in PA again. rain rain rain. I know we need it but come on. My back is killing me today. Don't know if i slept wrong or what. I still have little twinges here and there. Still get the swelly belly at night. Thank goodness no work for me today. But have a six hour mandatory meeting tomorrow. I might bring a pillow for my back if it still hurts. Everyone have a beautiful monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2007, 07:51 AM
rain/arthritis! :)

maybe all that rain and an invisible touch of arthritis make for the pain?? My grandma always used to tell me when rain was coming by how her body felt. Not that you are an old grandma, Law But you mentioned how it is raining a lot where you are, too. Hoping your back works out its kinks today..........................E.

I plan on standing at my duty day back to work day Wed. I cannot sit on a wooden chair for three hours in the cafeteria. I won't last. No way. It's hard enough pre surgery! E
Unread 08-20-2007, 08:03 AM

Gemini3 -- I forgot to say how sorry I am about what you're doing through. I know exactly what it's like to get that call. 2 years ago my phone rang at 5:19 AM telling me my daughter (age 23 at the time) was in the TICU in Boston. A drunk driver hit the taxi she and her friends were in. Thankfully all survived, but not with life changing injuries -- the offender escaped with minor cuts and bruises. He is currently serving his sentence and will be out next month. The girls were extremely lucky, all but three were exjected -- no seatbelts in taxis. God was good to them and us. Sometimes things happen in our lives for a reason, we just have to figure it out and make the best of it or help others. (That's why I mentioned the insurance -- I didn't even know we had it at the time -- and still do)
Good luck with your daughter,
Moe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2007, 08:09 AM

Yah i do have some arthritis in my knees. It could be going into the ole back now. I think i have been doing to much lifting these past couple of days. I have to remember to ease back into everything. slowly.
Unread 08-20-2007, 08:18 AM

New to the site, but had a partial abdominal (got to keep the ovaries). In my 5th week of recovery, but had a bit of a set back. I have been overdoing it, and started to get menstrual like cramps. Since there is no uterus, my doc thinks I pulled scar tissue. Was supposed to head back to work next week, but it looks like it may be a bit longer now!
Unread 08-20-2007, 08:22 AM

Welcome, moey. Sorry to hear about the crampy feeling. I remember that the first two weeks. And it was so strange bec. I almost never had those kinds of cramps even during my entire lifetime of having the uterus in there. It's a good warning to us. Can you give more details on 'overdoing it'? Like what kinds of activities were you doing? I go back to work day after tomorrow and today is the sixth week anniversary of the surgery. Today do i automatically get to go to the supermarket and lift a twenty pound container of liquid or ????? I'm kind of afraid to do the heavy lifting all of a sudden bec. of the scar tissue issues, so any advice/examples you can give are greatly appreciated as we all continue to heal these weeks post op.

Good luck/sorry to hear ot the setback/hoping you heal from the scar tissue pulling. E.
Unread 08-20-2007, 08:27 AM

Well, I was working in the yard, and I think I may have moved just wrong enough. I have endo and had wicked scar tissue and adhesions already. My body seems a bit addicted to it, so we thought this might happen with leaving the ovaries in. Doc said just to take it easy a few more weeks. She originally wanted me off for 8 weeks due to the fact that my uterus had adhered to my colon and she had to do a lot to get it removed.I talked her into 6 weeks, but she's sticking to her guns now! Can work from home, so that's not an issue.
Unread 08-20-2007, 08:29 AM

Okay, moey. Thanks for that info. I think I will continue to try and take it easy until my 'final' appt. 8/31 (and I get to go every 3 mo. the first year after surgery but that's another story buried in the thread).....thanks for that update. It just shows that the number '6' weeks or whatever isn't carved in stone and doesn't give us a magic ticket to be totally normal in moving and lifting. Heck, I should be able to vacuum the house today. It's six weeks for me. But I don't feel like lugging the monster around.

Take care. Healthy healing to you! E.
Unread 08-20-2007, 08:43 AM

Today do i automatically get to go to the supermarket and lift a twenty pound container of liquid or ????? I'm kind of afraid to do the heavy lifting all of a sudden bec. of the scar tissue issues, so any advice/examples you can give are greatly appreciated as we all continue to heal these weeks post op.

E - I dont' return to work until 9/5. My surgeon gave me strict instructions --
"No lifting anything over 10 pounds for 12 weeks" I had a SAH with major reconstruction. I know when I even pick up my cat (a little over the 10 pound limit) I feel the pull. I have been gradually picking up items and increasing the weight, being careful not to exceed the 10 pound limit -- 1/2 gal of milk then worked my way to 1 gallon and so forth. I even weighed the laundry bushels! I would think picking up heaving items when your body isn't used to it might hurt!

Good luck...
Moe
Unread 08-20-2007, 08:54 AM

Ok, Moe. Thanks for the info. I think I'll go on the 'long' end of 6-8 (emphasis on the 8) before I slug things around. My schoolbooks are enough to carry. I took them back to work a little at a time. Just because today is the anniversary of my surgery (sixth week today) I think I will take it slow w/lifting until I see the doc on 8/31. It will be seven weeks then for the TVH I had and I'll ask him. Since I still get an occasional pin/needle poke 'inside my abdomen' you are right that it's best to take it slow. Thanks again. Happy healthy healing to you all on this thread today. E.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register