Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 165 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-21-2007, 07:31 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I've been sleeping on my belly off and on as it's my favorite position. Well, it's probably a tie w/fetal on the right side. The nurse in the castle made some comment about how they tried to straighten me out and i kept going for fetal on the right side. I laughed. And stayed on the right side. Favorite besides tummy. I go to tummy until i feel a knot or twinge and then 'go back.' Bsister.....the tummy swelling comes and goes now that i have hit my magic 6th week post op. It's definitely less swelly than before. Or maybe that's just because the weather is so cool and rainy outside. Bring on the heat and I'd probably swell more. I can finally fit into SOME of my pants w/zippers, and it's been frustrating not being able to. People say I look thinner to them and I swear I'm about the same weight too (I am 5 ft 2 so even shorter than you, Bsister)... if your belly is really swelly that could be the weight that seems to have been added on . My weight can fluctuate wildly and an easy five pounds between one day and the next and day/ night, clothing, etc.

Hang in there. Don't be afraid to try out the tummy in bed just to see if it works without pain. You might be pleasantly surprised. I know I was scared the first few times I tried it and then, ahhhhhhhhh sleeping/resting on my good old tummy felt 'like old times'...........

Good luck. Take care. Happy healing to you. Off I go to the grocery store. It's still a challenge bec. I don't want to lift a zillion items until 8/31.. my last visit w/the OB on his retirement day. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 07:31 AM

bsister,
So do i. If I didn't know what swelly belly was before, I do know. Good thing I am still wearing elastic. I wear cute little elastic sets (capris) to work especially since I am doing half days this week. Next week, go back to normal. I pray I don't get those adhesions. Part of my problems was they were wraped around my right ovary. Now that is gone, i should be good, hopefully. You are more prone to adhesions, drs. say, with an abdominal surgery. that is y I didn't want that. I had the supracervical and 2 little adhesions. I had a c-section in 88.
Unread 08-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Chat (since I can't sleep)

I love hearing about your kids, it's like having "pen pals." That's an old term! Are we ever going to be back to normal? When my DS went off to college I had no idea he would never be back under my roof again.. He's 27 now, & my DD is 24 she has been my life saver through this, even though she has been trying to finish her RD this summer. She went to our local university but DS had to venture from the nest. I can relate to the school shopping & college shopping am now over that but I miss it! It is only 57 degrees here & dry dry..I can't believe all the rain the rest of you are getting..Take care & E pls get good shoes to walk in, shoes are my big thing..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 08:01 AM

Yeah, the adhesions scare me also, especially since we left the ovaries in. My endo wasn't bad, but I had bands that wrapped around my ovaries and my colon. My doc did surgery last year to remove them and added a "scar tissue block" to try and keep them under control, but they were back when she did the hysto. I also hemorraged after the surgery last year and ended up having another a month later. I pretty much resigned myself to having them, just hope there is no pain this time.
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:34 AM

I just went to the grocery store and though I count the pounds carefully I know i carried in more than 20. And I was down on the hands and knees in the laundry room trying to scrub off the floors. I can feel it in the abdomen, definitely. I'll try to keep all this stuff to a minimum knowing that 6 weeks wasn't a magic 'green light to whatever you want' when I reached it yesterday. Just six weeks ago today I was told to 'get moving' in the castle so I could get home by nightfall. The human body puts up w/a lot, eh?

Good healing to you all............I will walk today but I am not going to lift another item over a pound or two!! E
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:38 AM

It's so hard to do that when you feel better! I've already changed the sheets and done a few loads of laundry, and am bored out of my mind!
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:39 AM

Shoes, don't get me started. I had a great pair of sacony shoes fitted at a local store. Then I went to DSW to 'fit myself' for my next pair and my sister says they are not all the same size and my current pair are 'too small' bec. when I walked 20 miles one weekend in a pre training walk w/my other sister who is doing the 60 mi. cancer walk this weekend .. well, i ended up w/a blister or two AND my big toenail on the right foot is bruised to the max. I almost thought it was something else and the surgery would be canceled and so on and so forth and it was bruising under the nail. Looks like I have polish on it. I only have 3 pairs of shoes: tennies (the sacony pair), teva sandals and then a pair of 'birkies' but not the 200 buck pairs, but the cheaper version berkies. That's it. And my DDteen has about 100 pairs literally of everything on earth. I also have two dollar flip flops from target. I have never had good fitting shoes ever in my life. And I walk so much. My heels are cracked and i'm supposed to put vaseline on them at nite w/socks but who can sleep w/socks? I can't. Bsister you would be very angry looking at my feet, my shoes, etc. At age 55 i doubt there is hope for me in this area. I hear you, though, and I agree w/you on my mental level, definitely, that shoes are very important.

They found the last (they hope/last reported) bridge victim yesterday. That is a relief for his wife. He was a worker in a bobcat on the bridge when it collapsed and she knew he'd be the last to come out of the water. Relief for the navy dive teams, who will not return to their home bases and leave MN. The flooding here is something else, too....lives lost in SE MN. This has been a horrible month for this state. It feels like fall out there w/overcast skies, drizzle, and more storms in our southern parts of the state. What a summer.

Okay, enough babbling for me. Tomorrow I'll be at work and I won't hardly ever get on this site again so enjoy it while you can or say thank goodness that one is going back to work. yak yak yak. The anesthesia didn't turn off my yakability.

E.
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:41 AM

Moey,
Did you have an abdominal hysterectomy? Were both ovaries adhesive. Only my right one was. Dr. said that 1 ovary will do the work of 2 like a kidney or lung. So far, so good. No hot flashes or anything. I have my heater on under my desk now. They say that abdominal surgeries play a part in adhesions returning. That is y I didn't want the big cut. I had a c-section in 88. I think that I am like you, gonna always have them. I pray mine don't hurt this time and no more surgeries. It is extremely painful. I believe that is where the bulk of my pain was coming from adhesions and multiple cysts. Not those 5 baby fibroids.
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:52 AM

When the Dr. talked to me she said I had so many adhesions that she couldn't believe it. I had a c-section in 1991, I believe I developed so many adhesions from not properly taking the time to rest.

So after my TAH, BSO on July 10th I have been taking it easy and resting whenever I can, I never want to have to have abdominal surgery again !

So rest ladies, no lifting, no over doing it, rest rest rest and pamper yourself as much as possible.
Unread 08-21-2007, 09:13 AM
shoes

E I would be embarrassed to tell you how many shoes I have. My fav flip flops are "reef" learned about them in Hawaii (went for a soccer tournament with my DD) a few years ago. They are the best! I have 4 pairs of them. My DD will say "mom do you really need those?" What size do you wear? I should bequeath a few doz pairs...

Good luck everyone on returning to work as well, my first day was tough but felt good to see some of the old fellows..
I think they missed me! humm (I help them finish their work)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register