Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 166 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I am very curious now for my 8/31 appt. I wonder if the doc can tell about adhesions from 'feel' or ???? I know from reading that they can be common w/abdominal surgery and I had the TVH so I am hoping that even though I walk like a fiend and have occasional twinges/knots that everything is okay in there. Can't wait to find out!!!!
I am learning a lot reading all the posts about adhesions and post op visits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 09:16 AM

I know people miss me. I was a coordinator of my dept/built my program for 15 of the 20 years i've been there (starting 21st year)..... and I'm exhausted from it all. I begged to 'just be a teacher' this year and I pray so but people always ask me for history, advice, we argue w/other depts., etc the whole regular politics game.

i wear a size 7-8 ... as i age my feet get bigger and bigger. I remember being young and a size 6.

I knew you'd 'catch me' in my post. I hang my head in shame re: my shoes and not taking good care of my feet. If I could not walk I would feel as if I had no life. Walking IS my life, no matter where I am in the world. I wear shoes out and still wear them until I cannot bear to part w/them. And I live life on a shoestring though my daughters live as if they have a million bucks each sometimes.

Adios for now. E.
Unread 08-21-2007, 09:21 AM
Adhesions

I had abdominal surgery and just above the scar I have a an area that feels kinda numb, like how your lip feels after dentist freezes your mouth. I hope it goes away, DR commented on the swelling but it feels kinda hard as well? Normal? I think I will ck threads & see if I can find any answers on that..Thanks everyone..!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 09:26 AM

Bsister, I'm not numb but it's still tender around the incision. It has healed very well, but when I touch the skin it's sort of like touching a sunburn. When I saw my doc yesterday he said that was normal and will go away. I imagine the same is true of numbness. Nevertheless, put it on your list of questions. I have to go in to the office tomorrow for a meeting, so that will be a test for how I manage the drive, etc. Back to part-time work next Wednesday.
I told my doctor about HysterSisters and gave him a couple of print-outs. He seemed to like it a lot. I wonder if a doc can recommend it to his patients without being held liable for each and every thing that is written on the site?
Unread 08-21-2007, 09:39 AM

Elefant,
Feet get larger after children. I never believed that when I was pregnant. I was a perfect 7 (sometimes 6.5) when everyone said that your foot will get bigger after childbirth. I carried my ds for 9.5 months and started wearing a 7.5 halfway through pregnancy. That became my new size. Very rarely I can get into a 7 and then it is a leather boot.
Unread 08-21-2007, 09:43 AM

I hate to admit it, but I am a shoe-aholic. I have, well I don't know how many pairs I have. I hide them from everyone here. My shoe size has actually gotten smaller. I went from an 8 1/2 to size 8 - 7 1/2 depending on the brand. I usually buy a new pair of walking sneakers every three months. Before my prolapse I was walking 3 - 3 1/2 miles per day. In the winter months I would work out at the gym. I can't wait to resume my old ways again. (Currently I am walking every other day - 1 to 1 1/2 mi.) I am planning on entering a marathon or 1/2 marathon by my 50th birthday (one year and 7 months from now -- but who's counting). I start training in October when all restrictions are lifted!!!!!!

I spoke with my director at work yesterday. She is wonderful. She and the principal at the school are planning my schedule and are working around my fatigue. I'll be starting at 8:15 on the Tuesday after Labor Day only 3 hours for the first week. I guess we all have to get back to the grind sooner or later.

Can't walk outside today. It's raining - I don't do well in the rain!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Moe
Unread 08-21-2007, 09:47 AM

Yep, you are right, Jennice. But I haven't been PG in 14 years and I swear as I get older they're still getting wider/fatter/older too! Ah, my poor feet. I've put a lot of miles on those feet.

Take care. Glad to know you are making it okay at work. I keep getting work emails and swtich between hystersisters and work email. Tomorrow is going to be a 'trip' for me..............and tonite w/the open house at the high school for parents of 9th graders........total exhaustion. Well maybe i will sleep well tonite. Maybe i'll forget to wake up tomorrow. ** ** **.
Unread 08-21-2007, 10:57 AM

Yes, I had abdominal. Last year my doc tired to do lapo to remove endo adhesions, and found things out of control in there! She cleaned it up, but had to go abdominal then too. Mine was both ovaries, but she said my left was worse. that was also where I had a band the fused my colon to my uterus. After only a year, the band was back. We had tried an IUD, which worked for the bleeding, but it had caused more cysts on my ovaries. Doc thinks this may hold now that the main trouble maker is out!
Unread 08-21-2007, 11:01 AM

I still have a numb stretch between my scar and my belly button. I also have a numb spot on my thigh. Doc says it should go away. I hope so because my sig other thinks it's amusing to poke my leg because I can't feel it!
Unread 08-21-2007, 11:32 AM

First of all, thanks for all the well wishes/concerns everyone...non of the kids in the vehicle needed to go for treatment, we were iffy if my dd should go, fingers look very jammed up and bruised on underside of fingers but she says she'll be fine...she said "I'd rather deal with them hurting cause I sure don't want no spleen" <---LOL I told her she was lucky to HAVE a spleen at this point...anyway...I don't know what's going on with the car...they have it under full-coverage I know that but don't know what the problem is at this point...they'll work it out I'm sure...their insurance did call me today to say they have my dd down as a passenger and she is covered under their medical...so anyway...the kids are completely tramatized by it and talk/relive/went to the scene/tow yard etc...a million times yesterday!

The house is sooooooo quiet today...they went back to school today...wow were they grumping this morning on the way...it was pitch black, pouring down rain, bolts of lightening etc...I was getting quite a kick out of it...of course I got to head back home...normally I drop them off and head to work myself...

Went to the store this morning, was gonna get started on bunch of laundry and had like 1 load of detergent left GRRR! Picked up a whole roaster chicken, seasoned him up, and man are they gonna love walkin in the door to that!

School here lets out at 2:05...that's the time me senior woke up yesterday LOL!

I have a few projects I wanted to get done here when they headed back to school and before I go back to work that I'm glad I'm gonna be able to do...If I don't procrastinate for 2 more weeks that is!

This must be all of our 6th week huh? I as well, like someone else mentioned, rarely feel even a twinge...I'm doing all the normal daily stuff without much thoughts of even had the surgery...not to mention alot of "night stuff" too <-----shhhhhhhhh!

Well anyway, (ramble ramble)...hope you all have a great day...I thinks about you all often throughout my day

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register