Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 168 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I have a numb area too. My doctor said the feeling would return. But I've also heard that some it doesn't. It feels weird when I touch that area.
Today was the first time I had some abdomin pains. I will be 6 weeks post-op on Friday. I guess I am just doing too much because I feel good. We are moving our daughter to college on Thursday and she is moving into an apartment. I promised myself I would not help with the furniture. Now I am thinking I shouldn't even help with the boxes. But it is so hard not to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 07:22 PM

Darn granddaughter won't fall asleep. ugh. Jennice and Ele. I actually felt pretty good today. No pains except the lower back but i figured it was cuz i sat for 6 hours. Best of luck Ele. tomorrow back at work.
Unread 08-21-2007, 07:28 PM

Just checking in real quick to say Hi ! I miss talking My second day of school with the students and its been hectic. I'm wiped out!!! feeling good except for very bad backache! I am having a really hard time picking things up from the floor. darn, what is up with that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 07:44 PM

Bopper, I have one child. DS turned nine this week, so he is clueless. Usually if I ask him to do something other than clean his room, he will, but you often have to explain every step in detail. He is very book smart but no common sense.

And I don't think it's allergies any more. I think we picked up a bug somewhere. Ah the blessings keep flowing. I'm sure there is a lesson here somewhere. Sure hope no one in this house was praying for patience, since stuff like this is how God teaches it.

I've spent most of my life alternating between constipation and diarhea. Won't go for 2-3 days, then go 5-6 times the 4th day. And what would get me going would be a meal. Usually wouldn't eevn get to finish the meal. 1st of the year, all diarhea. Took gall bladder out. All diarhea. Had hysterectomy. All diarhea. Immodium became my best friend. Had it balanced out. Last couple of weeks, Won't go for 2-3 days, then go 5-6 times a day. I guess the honeymoon with my intestines is over.
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:02 PM

I don't no phillipians i think we are still all trying to do to much all at once. And i'm thinking these Dr.'s don't realize sometimes how much work we actually do. Some of us lift heavy stuff all day long. Some of us stand all day long. Since alot of the Dr.'s are men they really don't know what we go thru each and every day. And i can relate to the back hurting. Because my lower back nags on me a couple times a week. I hope your day goes better tomorrow.
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:57 PM

Phil446,
Get some rest. That is how I felt yesterday after work. It will get better.

Law,
Believe it or not, I am feeling good. That doesn't happen everyday. I was not tired from work (9-4:30), no discomfort really behind the desk. This was work day 4 for me. Just a little vaginal itching. Used a little vitamin e this afternoon and it stopped. I read about vitamin e on this site. GYN said it is ok.
Moe,
I understand if the navel doesn't look weird (like sticking out) you are ok. Another young lady posted that she thought she had a hernia from catching pnemonia after surgery and coughing too hard and went to the dr. and they he said it was all apart of the healing. I think and pray that you are fine. I would wait a couple more days (unless it is gets worse) and call. I will keep you in my prayers. Let us know.
Unread 08-21-2007, 09:09 PM
work-I'm tired

Hello sisters!
I broke a promise to myself. I promised myself because I would be standing for 3 hours tonight teaching Lamaze, i was not going to do anything but relax during the day. I Went shopping today with my DD for 3 hours. Got her all set for school. Came home and made dinner. Then went to work.

I am tired. My back is sore and the good ole swelly belly is back. And the I have had some pains up the vagina. It is on the left side again where I can feel a small bulge again.
I see the DR on Friday to see what it is. I just hate it. It is so frustrating.

I am going to hit the sack! Good night to all and good luck to those of you who go back to work tomorrow!

E-I did not get to get more than 2 miles in. You are the energizer bunny! Have a good day back to work!

SM
Unread 08-21-2007, 09:25 PM

I know what you mean, Law. I have said that before, that men drs. think different from women drs. Overall, I always end up with a male surgeon. My other GYN is a male too. Get some rest, ladies.
Unread 08-21-2007, 10:34 PM

Ah--the eternal questions about "poo." I have IBS, so for the last two years or so, it's been bad for me--last year my students had 20 minutes for reading right after lunch, and I spent a majority of that time in the restroom. I couldn't help it! And it hasn't been too much better since the surgery--in fact I'm afraid to eat because it just comes right on out!

And, as for the pain (I know, I'm a walking disaster!), I've always had left side pain from a fall down a flight of stairs my freshman year of college, so I expected pain from that side because I know I had nerve damage from that, and that side killed me the first week or so after surgery. But it's weird because I have right side pain...Plus, the doctor was so weirded out by the amount of scar tissue in my abdomen he came out of surgery to ask my family if I'd ever been in an accident; I haven't, besides the fall--I think endo mixed with the scar tissue from the fall and took over the world, or my abdomen anyway.

In any case, I wanted to say that I understand the pain as well.

I'm glad to hear about everyone who is making it back to work okay! That's wonderful!

On a side note, please say a prayer tomorrow morning, as I have to get new ear tubes (I know, it's crazy at 30, but I get horrible ear infections that burst my drums). It's short, but since I'm still recovering from this other surgery, the thought of anesthesia scares me (Because my ear canals are so small they have to knock me out!). I'm tired of surgeries!!!!

Have a good week all.
Unread 08-21-2007, 11:23 PM

Evening ladies,
I am feeling pretty good (Saturday I felt the best I have felt in several years). I get hit with the occasional gut wrenching gas pain, slight swelly belly and today my legs are aching. I think that's from planting sunflower seeds around the yard yesterday. Other than that I am good. This Friday is my 6 week anniversary and I am hoping for a full release on Thursday.
Glad to hear everyone is getting back to normal and feeling pretty good!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register