Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 170 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Morning, I am here at work enjoying your posts.

Deb,
Don't you move any furniture AT ALL. My son goes back to college this weekend too and I am not pickin up anything heavier than 7lbs.

Crossroads,
yeah, crossroads. I BM every day, but never know how it will be. Scared to eat certain things when Ima be on the road. But, for the last year, it was pretty much hard dry stools and more like every other day if then. Prob because of all the female stuff going on in my body. Were you constipated from fibroids or anything before surgery?

Knittin
You are in my prayers today. I know how you feel about being tired of surgeries. I have had a c-section and 2 more surgeries since. Now, I have a ganglion cyst in my left wrist that has been there a couple of years. Now, that I am better, I need to get this straight. My primary has assured me that it is nothing. People get them all the time. Hopefully the can get it out with a needle and no surgery.

Moey,
feel better soon.

Whatzup, Relief. Hadn't heard from you in a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle-my-hero
hey guys haven't been on in awhile. Been sick...thought I was just crazy for a day or so...tired all the time again and such but then got a fever that bounced between 102 and 103.5 went to the dr and she said I had a raging infection...many antibiotics later I am much better...I was told not to return to work till 30th because my incision is not healing like it is supposed to...kept opening up...kind of weird looking one side is healed nicely and the other is still open. Anyway it is good that most of you are almost back up to speed...and "I feel your pain" to those who are not.

I had an infection also at 2 and a half weeks. Felt like all I could do was get up to go to the bathroom and back. Everything was chore. was on strong antibiotics. I was cleared at 4 weeks to start back but now am going back in to see the dr on Friday because i have developed a bulge on the left vaginal wall that gets worse with activity or at the end of the day.
Went back to work last night and it felt good to be back but also was soooo tired when I got home.

I hope you feel better soon!

SM
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:08 AM

Simply,
Let's us know wht the dr says on Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 08:11 AM

Simply,
Another graduate entering the work force after a long break. You work at night? What do you do?
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelofdenial
Does anyone still feel a sharp pain when they sneeze sometimes?

I have my 6 week check-up tomorrow.

I also have insomnia now, I thinks its because the night sweats and mild hot flases have started.

I had a TAH BSO on July 10, has anyone returned to work after week 6 or is it usually 8 weeks? I definitlely do not feel ready to return to work especially now that I am not getting any sleep.

Any suggestions?
=============
Angel, I hold onto my belly tight when I feel a sneeze coming, but there isn't really much pain. I just fear that my whole belly will explode
As for the insomnia, that comes with menopause. When I went through it a few years ago I thought I'd go crazy, waking up every 2 hours and never getting into a good, deep sleep. You should talk to your doctor, because at this time you REALLY need to have good sleeps.
I had TAH BSO on July 13th and am going back to work next Wednesday (6 1/2 weeks) part-time, followed by the long weekend. If it proves to be too much I'll take more time off.
From what I've been reading, some people are waiting the full 8 weeks so don't go back before you're feeling better and have had several good nights' sleep.
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
Simply,
Another graduate entering the work force after a long break. You work at night? What do you do?

Believe it or not, I am a RN. I teach outreach programs for a hospital. My main area has been OB/Nursery/NICU. So last night not only was I working my body by standing all day, I was exercising my brain as well. I have that foggy brain syndrome since surgery. It was a Lamaze Class last night.
Someone once said that Drs and nurses are the worst patients. I have to agree that i do fit in that catagory!! The Dr. that did my surgery is one that I worked with while on the floor. He moved his practice to a NEW hospital that opened up. So I had my surgery in a different hospital in which i work for. They assumed because i was an RN that i knew everything. I did at one time but when it is happening to you, it is a whole diferent story!

Off to go to the gym and do some walking. We have showers here right now.

SLEEP- I am finally getting regular sleep. I haven't had the bouts with insomnia for about a week now.

SM
Unread 08-22-2007, 03:11 PM
back at work

Well, i just wrote a post and destroyed it by hitting the wrong key. I survived work but did not participate in some group activities where we held hands/formed human pretzels. I was scared to bend and pull so much just six weeks 2 days post op. I asked others how long until they felt normal. All i got in response was "a long time." I am very very tired. I am very forgetful: forgot to post office hours and type up schedule, left calendar at home, still haven't even read the paper, have trouble getting up even though my eyes are open early. Thus, i foresee a long road to being 'normal' again, if that's possible. However, I did survive. It was good to see the students coming up to ask me questions in the hallway and good to know I will see them all very soon (Monday)....but I'm nervous, too. I wish I were all healed and know I'm not.

I hope you all had a good healing day. I have a 'knot' in my upper right abdomen...maybe where there is still an ovary? I can 'feel 'it and I knead it/rub it and I will be sure to ask the doc about it 8/31 on my last appt w/him as he retires.

Take care everyone.....................off I go. E
Unread 08-22-2007, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the info, Simplyme. I did write to the school counselor; tried to keep it short/sweet. She hasn't responded but since the email did not bounce back I pray she got it. I will try to follow up w/a call Friday to see if she got the email. She mentioned they are innundated w/email/etc and all report back f.t. Monday a week prior to school starting. My older daughter is ADD: never diagnosed until college. Probably why she dropped out of college and etc etc won't go into it but I do have a 9 yr old granddaughter and that DD is only 28. W/this younger daughter...she is so high functioning and her LD is not 'official' yet even though I have five books written about it and she was accepted into a special ed school here in MN that is well known and without a blink of the eye bec. of the discrepancy in verbal and performance IQ's. Being in a college we operate totally opposite. Without accommodation letters we can do NOTHING for students. However, my daughter would get that letter at a college bec. it's not about having $$ for services, it's more about recognizing all the LD's and then asking teachers to accommodate. So 100% opposite. Anyway, thanks for listening.

I survived work today but it was hard and i forget to do stuff like post office hours or take my calendar to work. I still haven't read the paper bec. I left without doing that in the a.m. and it's so strange bec. I ALWAYS read the paper. Sigh. I've got a 'knot' in my right upper abdomen, too....hoping it's phantom knot from the surgery but will definitely ask the doc about it 8/31.

My boss was nice; came up to see if i'm alive and greeted me. I tried to just sit 'alone' and take it easy, though I wanted to jump up and down to talk and see everyone. When everyone asks, 'how was your summer?' what a sour answer I have. "well.....had surgery, thanks much, and you?'

Simplyme...sad but powerful story about your son and his injury and what composure and presence of mind to say what he said after his dreams were altered: able to understand how precious it was to still be here and able to move. Amazing!

Gotta go. Tomorrow I took a personal leave day to go to the state fair. It's going to rain TWO MORE INCHES. Oy oy oy it will be SOOO wet. However, I am going no matter what bec. i can't change the personal leave day. And I love the Fair. I don't know if teen and friends will all come, but I am going bright and early (well, it won't be bright...it will be pouring)..... to all the flood ravaged areas of my home state and the rest of the USA...I hope the rain tapers soon.

Take care all my buddies. Hoping you are continuing to heal well.......

E.
Unread 08-22-2007, 03:47 PM

I am going in to work on Friday to pack up my office. I am moving to another building, but even going in for that makes me tired already! Did not have a good day. Have a sinus headache and went for my chiropractic appt to realign my neck (part of why I have a headache) and the office was closed and locked! I have been working from home, and was on the couch with the lap top all day. Work bombarded me, so I can only imagine what Monday will be like!
YIKES!
Unread 08-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Frustrated

Today I tried to get my crap together and get organized. I just can't. I can't find things, Can't remember things and my bottom is so sore. It is frustrating to know there is a possibility that this may require yet another surgery. I know there is something wrong. It throbs when I have been up for a while. I have pelvic pain, real low also.
Cried when I got home from the store. I am going backwards and not forwards. This is not me.
i grew up with a Mother that complains about everything, so I hate to say one word for fear that I am sounding like her.
I am afraid to go in on Friday, yet I am wondering what the heck this is.
E-Have a great time tomorrow. Let us know on the 31st what the Dr says that is...as I have side like pain. It takes turns as to what side it wants to jab me with. Right now it is on the left.

thanks for listening yet again!
SM

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register