Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 178 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroads
Bopper, I also had started into menopause a few years ago. I had the dry hot flashes. They were bearable and had actually been tapering off. I had decided then I wouldn't use HRT unless necessary. My symptoms weren't as bad as some women I know. I thought maybe sense I had passed that hurdle, it wouldn't be as bad after the surgery. But the hot fashes have come back... worse... and with sweat. I noticed the drooling is back too. (Anyone have that problem?) But they are still bearable so far, and since my GYN won't put me on HRT til I get my BP & pulse under control I probably won't worry about it. My mother on the other hand suffered miserably after her hysterectomy. After a year of this, I finally said "Mom, What is your quality of life? Is it worth all this suffering to reduce the risk this tiny bit? (TAH/BSO Large fibroid, precancer cells on cervix 1992)" She did the hormones. And that is the question we have to ask ourselves. What is our quality of life? Like you said every woman is different. For some it is just a bump in the road, for others, it is pure torture. We just have to figure out where we fall in between. The thing to consider too, is they only let us have them for a limited number of years.
Wow you too? DROOLING UGH!! I had that before my surgery and felt like I was a 89 yr old woman!! I no longer have my sleep apnea or drooling, hot flashes yes, at times they cause me stomach aches due to the stress I get with them.. I did get a patch with low dose of estrogen but after 4 days of it I pulled it off this morning. I started getting all tense and sleepy in the day time and sassy to my teenager again and my joints were aching again all over my body!!! That was something that had totally stopped since my surgery, I was shocked to get it back after 2 days of HRT... so It was hormone related after all?!.. I think I will try some soy pills or Black Cohosh before I try HRT again.. UGH. I really wasn't ready for the sleepiness, pain and tenseness to come back ... Like I said before in many posts.. I feel so much better, my energy level is up, I still have a hard time staying asleep but I do sleep better now, and my joints and back don't ache any more, thats such a joy.. I think I have a UTI again, or it never went away, I was treated for it 2 times in the past 2 months once before my surgery and once after, its a stubborn one. Good luck ladies we all have to do our own thing but it helps reading post to give us ideas to try!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2007, 02:55 PM

Bopper-He is a grrrreat doctor. I actually used to work with him at the hospital I work for. a new hostipal opened and several of our great docors moved their practice because of the incentives offered. So, i actually had my surgery done at a different hospital than what i work for.

I teach outreach programs for a hospital. I am only on the schedule for one (3hour class) each Tuesday night for right now until I give them more dates. I went back last week. I have an easy job. I can sit throughout if I want. The session i am teaching right now is a Childbirth education class. I do not consider it a job

I am sure with my son being here will cause extra stress! But we are going to give it a whirl. He is a good kid, he has lived on his own tho for over a year. the landlord is terrible and we think it is in his best interest to move back home. We will all have to make adjustments!

i cleaned my refrig out a week ago...found stuff in there from the week before my surgery! YUK! that is not like me.
I just feel very behind.

SM
Unread 08-24-2007, 03:13 PM

Presouz! I'm glad I'm not the only one with the drooling. Well, I'm sorry for you, but it means I'm not as crazy as I thought I was. I knew it had to be the menopause cause it started when the hot flashes started! Were your hot flashes dry or sweaty? The drooling isn't as bad now, but before, I'd have to swallow before I could speak. I'd wake up in the morning & my pillow would be wet with it. YUCK. I've only met one other person who had that problem. I keep forgetting to ask my GYN about it.

I thought the HRT was suppose to make you feel better, not worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2007, 03:28 PM

OH YEAH, HRT...are suppose to make you feel better not worse, I am going to try a whole host of herbs, I heard about Dandelion Root in a medical herb book I just bought, been looking up on google sounds promising for my water retention, and liver function, some sites even say depression and menopause help. I thought I had so many things wrong with me over the past 9 years, it was all menopause I found out this month after my surgery now that I am so much better!!! In fact, I told the doctor (my reg GP) that I had a hard time with my swallowing, not during eating just in general! She thought I was NUTS! wanted to give me an UPPER GI and such, I had a list of about 30 things that I had been going to her for over the past 9 years and finally she looks at me and says I cant cure you overnight for all of this, I told her, I have been coming to you for 90% of this for 9 years and you just pushed me out the door with anti depressants, I am over that, IM NOT DEPRESSED!!! I need help and help I want NOW! BOTTOM line she didnt help but I got a book called YOU the patient and saw I have to take control and I did and found my OB and totally am grateful for her.. she is the one who told me no matter what your lab tests say, its the way YOUR feeling not what the lab numbers say. She was so right. I am so much better and hate to ever go back to my old doctor (GP) she needs to be horse whipped, making me feel as if I was nuts and needed to be on meds I didnt need! UGH.. so happy its over, I am in control now, with the internet and searches and so much info here and on the WWW. we ladies shouldnt let the lame doctors (we have all had one in our life) lead us down the wrong path!! OK NUFF OF MY VENTING.. thanks for listening!
Unread 08-24-2007, 03:31 PM

You're welcome Presouz.
Unread 08-24-2007, 03:56 PM

Wow it is fun to catch up on all your progress. Yes, someone needs to shake me GOOD. I found out from one colleague today that it can take a year to feel good/normal again, so what do I expect 6 weeks and four days post op? Nothing but PAIN, ladies. Lots of pins/needles. And my legs are SO sore bec. I climbed some stairs at the state fair yesterday and I'm feelin' it. And walking and trying to walk 'fast' .... OH OH I am so tired. My boss asked me to hang tight today for fifteen min. to talk to me/call me back when i called her and I actually said NO. NO I AM LEAVING NOW to get Dgd. And I left. Hooray for me. And I tried to be good to myself and go slow. A lot of people, a LOT of people, don't know I had surgery this summer.

Anyway, I am going to the fair again tomorrow w/lots of kids but teens go alone and little one will tell me what she wants to see/do and we will go very slowly and leisurely. And I will try the iboprophen again tonite to see if it helps me sleep better.

Good luck to you all...............happy/healthy healing and thanks for all the stories that keep reminding me we're all in this together. I can't wait for my appt 8/31...........and I actually got a form letter re: OB's retirement and it has the names of two lady docs, so guess that's where i'm headed next after 8/31.

HUGS HUGS HUGS
E.
Unread 08-24-2007, 04:02 PM

It has been quiet in here today. I guess it is Friday. I have been helping my ds pack up and leave tomorrow to go back to college. I am sure gonna miss him. I am greatful to have u guys though. I just created a new post. It took me forever to figure it out. I thought that when I first joined this site, I did a post. Can't remember for sure since I was a wreck and it extreme pain. Anyway, if you guys are surfing, come check out the thread about bowels.
Yeah, E.
You have been busy. But I guess, we are all trying to move on and be content with our decision. I believe overall, we all feel better. I am just tired of going to the dr. I went yesterday for my allergies to my primary. She gave me some eye drops for seasonal allergies. Just hope it work, since the prescription (patanol) is Tier 2.
Unread 08-24-2007, 04:47 PM
a little discouraged, worried......pain is back

Hi everyone! I've behind on reading posts since i've gone back to work. Just completed my first week of school and I'm pretty exhausted. Woke up crying today because i wasnt feeling well. For the past two days I've had the same pain on my left side that I had before the surgery. It radiates around my side and down my lower back. I'm so discouraged. I thought by having the hysterectomy that i would be pain-free and I was feeling so good!!!! The last couple of weeks have been pretty great for me and now my pain is back. I dont even know what to say or think.
Unread 08-24-2007, 04:57 PM

Phil446,
I am so sorry. If you are experiencing the same pain, that could be some adhesions that have reformed. I will pray for us both tonite. I am glad that we can chat freely about what is going on. It does help.
I am feeling the same way today. I know that we all probably contemplated this surgery anyway. I was against it for any woman unless it was life threatening. I tried to talk all of my g-friends out of it when they did it years ago. Now, they say they are all fine and were right away. I feel so discouraged because I feel like I am always complaining. I didn't call my dr. today and now will have to wait till monday. I am having upper ab cramps and frequent soft BM's. I went to the dr. (primary) yesterday for my red eye and allergies. I am tired of going to drs.
I am hoping that it is just temporary for us both since the surgery is still fairly new. Life begins at 40 and we have only begun. Hang in there!
Unread 08-24-2007, 05:01 PM

Jennice, thanks for replying so fast. I was sitting here hoping that one of you was out there reading and listening. I'm so sad over this. this may sound naive, but what exactly are adhesions? The pain is on my left side exactly where it was before. and that is the side where i had a collapsed ovary due to endometriosis and scar tissue.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register