Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 180 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Jenn, i'm afraid i was ready to brag myself. i was feeling sooooo great! and bang! after one week of fulltime work I have so much pain. My doctor said he doesnt think it can be endometriosis again because he took it all out. he said that side could have some nerve damage and that the area was still "resolving" i understood that as healing????? anyway, he said that if by monday i am not better that he can refer me to physical therapy of the pelvic area. I'm thinking....what???????? I'm so scared it might be endometriosis again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2007, 09:29 PM

that makes sense crossroads......i've been lying down since i got home from my classroom. I am going to pay attention this weekend and see if the pain improves or not. I've got some ice on it now. Geez
Unread 08-24-2007, 09:30 PM

good to hear that you are okay Kate. have you had your post op appt yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2007, 10:26 PM

Crossroads, I so did not follow that.....LOL.
I think that I understand a little though. Like me, with my surgery. My right side was my working port since he removed that adhesive right ovary. So, my aches/pains lasted so much longer on that side. Same place where the ovary pain was.

E,
You will be missed when you don't type as often. You have the most post in here. And then I might be next.
Unread 08-24-2007, 10:33 PM

Hi everybody!
I just got back from seeing "Menopause the Musical" and it was hysterical! I recommend seeing it - even if you are still with hormones.

I had purchased tickets for my mother and myself - I generally take her to dinner and a show for her birthday and it was nice to be out with her. Even though she went through her change years ago - she had a blast also.
Unread 08-24-2007, 10:41 PM

Hi all -
I haven't had the opportunity to read through all the posts from the last couple of days but did happen to see the posting about the drooling and whew...what a relief...I thought it was only me.

By the way - I just got back from seeing "Menopause the Musical". A must see - it was hysterical!

I'll catch up tomorrow. Hope everyone has a restful night of sleep!
Unread 08-24-2007, 11:11 PM

[quote=elefante64]Phillipians: know just how you feel. I felt last night like i did my first night home from the castle! I could NOT believe it. I was SO frustrated. And today at work my pins/needles were poking me like nuts. And my legs hurt probably bec. i'm using muscles at work I didn't use even when I walked my many laps each day. It is very frustrating. However, a colleague who had a hysterectomy MANY years ago (and asked wasn't I feeling so much better now? Oy oy OY) said she did not feel 'normal' for a year.

I know it is frustrating! The doc said today that we need to be patient. that it does take a good year to be fully healed. I had to stand at a football game for 3 hours tonight. And after being manipulated earier in the day by the Dr. my bottom is very sore! Dr. B says I am just not healing as fast as others because of the bacterial infection i had at 3 weeks. We all heal differently. If in 4 weeks the pelvic floor pain doesn't go away, he is doing more extensive tests.

I can't wait for the year mark...how about you girls?

SM
Unread 08-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Problems swallowing?

Presouz, you mentioned swallowing problems. I have been having problems, I feel like sometimes I "can't." That was the reason I had the testing for thyroid as well as hormones. Dr office was supposed to call yesterday w/results but of course I missed that call when I was at work today.

Thanks for mentioning info on HRT as well, I will be trying to figure that ? out too. (with my night sweats, & memory problems!!) I think that is why I wake up several times a night. (every 2 hrs) There is always something...

My biggest problem is the dang "swelly belly," I feel like I can't breath, & forget bending over.. I am sick of it. My thighs are about as big too, but I haven't felt like walking & DR said NO! to situps.

Nice to have a place to b---h! thanks for being there..

E. bench it at the fair & people watch!!
Unread 08-24-2007, 11:49 PM

Simply,
It seems like we all are having some kind of a problem. This is not a good week. Just when I think life is good, something else starts up.
What were your symptoms of your bacteria infection? I am thinking that may be what I have. You took anti-biotics.
Unread 08-25-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsister4
Presouz, you mentioned swallowing problems. I have been having problems, I feel like sometimes I "can't." That was the reason I had the testing for thyroid as well as hormones. Dr office was supposed to call yesterday w/results but of course I missed that call when I was at work today.

Thanks for mentioning info on HRT as well, I will be trying to figure that ? out too. (with my night sweats, & memory problems!!) I think that is why I wake up several times a night. (every 2 hrs) There is always something...

My biggest problem is the dang "swelly belly," I feel like I can't breath, & forget bending over.. I am sick of it. My thighs are about as big too, but I haven't felt like walking & DR said NO! to situps.

Nice to have a place to b---h! thanks for being there..

E. bench it at the fair & people watch!!

YES the swelly belly today so bad!!! Now back to the swallowing, its weird, like too much silvia and I kinda zone out for only a moment and dont swallow and I would choke! SOUND Familar anyone? Never quite figured it out. It finally stopped after my surgery, but who knows..I would wake up choking too, that has stopped too... I too wake up every 2 hours even now.. I want to know what its like to sleep.. I take PM pain relievers and antivan at night but they just make me walk sleepy to the potty at all hours of the night and early morning..

OH YES!! I had such an excess of ear wax and itchy ears for about 8 months, and that has too gone down since my surgery..ANYONE ELSE??? So many things have stopped or gotten less in the past 4 weeks.. feels good, now if I can only get my belly to stop swelly!! heh.. NIGHT LADIES!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register