Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 189 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

My home feels good tonight also. I did do alot today and it was worse than going back to work for me as my job is an easy one.

i do feel it in my lower abs but took some advil and I know I will feel it more tomorrow. I walked only about a half a mile tonight. Figured i had done enough already.

I feel for you elefante64 and anyone else that returned to demanding jobs.

Setrimacoky- Hope your little one feels better soon. that sure is a bummer on the first day of school.

My daughter does not start until the 4th. My son started back to his college classes today. He is moving back in tonight. Oh geez...we will see how that goes. He turns 21 on the 7th and has lived in a house with 4 guys for a year.
I will need a chill pill everyday.

I am going to take a nice hot shower and relax with a margarita. I do not feel like cooking tonight and neither child will be home so maybe DH and I will go out for something.

SM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 05:21 PM

Ladies,
I have been away for 2 days. My BF and I took the rest of my son's things back to college (2 hrs away) yesterday. He left Saturday morning with a friend. I got tired in Walmart up there buying his stuff (groceries, toiletries, etc) for him. It was really crowded in Walmart and little kids running everyway. I had to bob and weave and cover my belly a few times to dodge them. We stopped about 20 minutes from campus at steve and barry's for some shopping before we got to campus. I don't appreciate a challenge as much as E, but I did carry a couple of bags (not too heavy) walk through the entire store of walmart for at about an hour, helped unpack his things, pushed his desk back with the back of my legs, (that wasn't good) rode back with BF and stopped at friday's for dinner. The resturant we wanted to go to on campus was jammed pack and we just decided to get back on the road. We left at noon Sunday and returned at midnight. This morning I got to work at 10:00 and worked the entire time. I am officially back on my FT schedule to work 8-4:30 pm (was just late today) I also have to walk with my purse and work bag 7 blks every morning/evening to the bldg. I hitched a ride with my boss back to my car this evening. Then I stopped by my parents house. Now, I have some things around the house to do (laundry, make some tuna, etc). I am calling my dr. tomorrow. My belly is really swollen and still cramping with BMs. Now, I have to get my own stuff from downstairs since my ds is gone. I really miss him.
Unread 08-27-2007, 05:24 PM

Had my first day back today. Not too bad! I'm tired, and a little achy. Took a sleeping pill last night nd it didn't work, so had a restless night. Hoping I will sleep good tonight.
I occasionally get those pains under my rib cage. Almost feels like a stitch when you runn too long. Haven't been able to connect it to anything yet. Maybe sitting too long? Taking a pillow in to work tomorrow for support. Noticed that right awawY!
Hope everyone can relax and charge up!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 05:25 PM

Made it through a full day at work. Alot of deliveries today but pretty much all i did was check the orders as they came in. Got the banquet area ready for a breakfast tomorrow (big wheels) I took alittle nappy poo when i got home today and feel fine. Tomorrow i have to get up at 5am to go in early to make this breakfast and serve it. Then go for a 2 hrs mandatory meeting and go back to the school to clean up all the breakfast stuff. Our kids at school don't start until wednesday. Some came in today to walk through with their schedules. The little tiny 6 graders are so cute right now, give them 4 months and they turn into royal brats. O well i don't have to deal with them for another 2 days yet. I will go to bed early tonight though to get for 5 am. Back into my school uniform yuck... white pants knee highs white shoes and red shirt. O yah and the dreaded hairnet. ha ha Talk more later.
Unread 08-27-2007, 05:27 PM

Good luck w/the doctor, tomorrow, Jennice. It is hard to survive back in the swing of things. I was even luckier than some, having six weeks prior to surgery to prepare mentally and as much physically as I could. My Dgd is coming back (just took her home last nite) to sleep so Dteen can babysit her here tomorrow while my other DD and I both go to our respective jobs. I am too tired to even say I will go pick her up. How lazy is that? I'm ready for bed and it's only 6:30 here. Sigh, sigh, sigh. I think I've sigh so many times since surgery that I've sighed more than in my entire lifetime up to now.

Well, aside from exhaustion and my knot that never goes away, I think I'm doing okay.

Know what else is weird? Every time I wipe...I just am always checking for discharge. After checking what, forty or forty-five some years for discharge, it's hard to think it's not going to 'be there' every single time I go to the bathroom. Do any of you find yourselves half expecting it to be there so that you need to run and get that pad? I wonder when I will stop worrying about that. It's odd.

Take care everyone.........................E.
Unread 08-27-2007, 05:31 PM

Law you cracked me up with the comment about the 6th graders turning into royal brats. OH how you hit it on the head. Tomorrow my 14 yr old is going to watch her niece (my 9 yr old granddaughter) and she is hemming and hawing and doesn't want to and I'm like, COME ON...... we will PAY you. She can't take time from her royal schedule to help out this week while the Mpls school daycare system is closed for room prep prior to next week's start of school. The two girls may scratch their eyes out tomorrow while other DD (she's 28) and I go to our respective jobs..........I pray they co exist peacefully and do not leave too many hysterical messages on my voicemail at work. I'm in a four hour block tomorrow so that's a long time for them to 'try and get along'..............

I posted on post op.............every time I go to the bathroom I am always expecting to see 'something' on my undies. I just can't get over the habit of expecting it. I wonder when THAT habit will go away. It's so weird.

Have a good evening everyone. I'm so darn tired i refused to be nice and go into the city to get my granddaughter. Poor DD who has no gas money and a horrible beater car will just have to trek out to my place. BIIIIIG sigh.

Take care my sisters. I think of you each day. E.
Unread 08-27-2007, 05:32 PM

I worked a full day today and will go to be really early tonight. No aches and pains right now. I have to be up by 5 am tomorrow morning to be at work for 6. I just may need a pick me up pill for that one. ha ha
Unread 08-27-2007, 05:40 PM

Ele. I too check each time i wipe to see if there is any spotting. But luckily nothing. Although i did notice yesterday cuz i have this cough going on cuz of allergies. When i cough really really hard i pee alittle. This has never happened before. Whats up with that. Everything just better be settling down inside and this better go away. I don't like it.
Unread 08-27-2007, 05:56 PM

Hola everyone! Wow! Seven weeks post op. Unbelievable. I went back to work to see some patients in my office at 2 1/2 weeks post op. I remember feeling soooo tired. On week 3, I started part time work at my school and since week 4, I've worked full time, plus my private practice. I feel I have so much more energy than before. I am grateful for my recovery.

Setrimacoky-Hope your DD is better
Ele- I always check the TP when I go---every time!!!!!

I must add that I am now wearing light colored pants and skirts. What a difference to not have to worry about stains--I LOVE THAT!!!

Tomorrow is my post op, so I'll let you know how it goes.
Tahe care,
Ashley
Unread 08-27-2007, 06:20 PM

E,
I can relate. EVERY single time I go, I look for blood. I haven't seen a drop since the week before my surgery. It is too weird. I do have some of the symptoms sometimes, that's what scares me. I still have my cervix and he cautherized it, so no blood. It could be infected though. I am definitely calling tomorrow. I wanted to wait through the weekend and see, now I know. I may also need my GI dr involved in this. Even though, I have not had any real pain since right before 6 wks, I don't feel right about everything. It can just be real scary. We all see progress though and will be ready for this thread to close in 8 wks. Besides, we can move the party to sister's chat.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register