Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-18-2007, 08:11 AM
brain power

I think it's the general anesthesia. And you are right...the shock to our systems of having such major surgery. The nurse who called me last Friday said it could stay in my system 'for weeks' and I believe it. It's so strange. I don't feel like my normal self, even though ** ** I know I'm missing a few parts that I had a week and a half ago. I keep reliving the past, too... like, oh, one week ago was my first morning/day 'home' and i did this, that, felt this, that. My brain needs to give me a break. And I just did 1.5 miles (3 laps around the beautiful townhouse route) without going home...and only chugging one bottle of water as it still isn't too hot out there.... and I did it in 40 minutes, so I'm walking faster. But my brain didn't seem to be doing anything concrete on the walk. It's like I'm some kind of automaton. Well, hopefully we will all be our normal brainy selves in a few more weeks!

E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hello all. I'm feeling great nine days since surgery. Everyone seems to think it's pretty amazing because I don't look at all like I've just had major surgery. The only problem I had was day four with the gas pains. I thought I was going to die. But since then everything has been great. I have alittle soreness on the left hand side of the incision, but that's all. Now understand even though I may look ok, my body still lets me know when to rest. I am not doing anything that I'm not suppose to be doing at this stage of recovery. I'm just so thankful that it's over. I hope everyone else is doing well.
Unread 07-18-2007, 08:26 AM
That reminds me...

Yes, on the phone everyone says, 'you sound so great'.. sure, my voice didn't have an operation! It's so funny. If they could see my body.........oy. Or how slow I move. I remember after my LEEP I was trying to walk v-e-r-y slowly at school and a student said, 'Teacher, did you just wake up or are you sick?' I laughed so hard. I slowly walked over and said, no, I had not just gotten out of bed....and talked to him awhile. I am famous for zipping around like a maniac. I almost feel sometimes like putting a sign on me saying, 'had surgery; have patience'............ i said in an earlier post that even the animals around here don't recognize me when i do my laps. They are used to seeing me fly by on foot or on a bike w/granddaughter... and they give me 'the eye' and seem to be thinking, 'is that really her?'.........

Well, I look forward to being my old self one day, but don't know. I'm concerned about what happened to my brain cells while I was under the influence of total darkness for 5.5 hours. Scary!

E.

P.S Debbie Mac good to know you're doing well! Wonderful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 10:42 AM
First lesson in overdoing it

Glad to hear you are all doing pretty well
SunnyBahrain - I also have a hard lumpy area under one side of my incision but not the other. I noticed it before I had any pain from overexertion, though, so it might be just a part of healing?
I decided to drive yesterday - I got a little pillow for under my seatbelt. My MD said "if it hurts, don't do it" and driving felt fine. I took my DD to lunch, went to the post office and the hardware store - I let her carry everything - then we went to the fabric store. I THINK that was the point I went too far. I didn't carry much but I stood in line forever then had to have everything rung up again because their computers broke down! I came home and spent the afternoon flat on my back but I knew it was too late. Sure enough I am walking really slowly today and am envious of elefante's walking routine. Go, girl, go!
Gemini3 - you give a perfect description of the ratio of gas pain to actual product! Gas is the only thing that has stopped me dead in my tracks, so far. MD said take a multi-vitamin with some iron in it and I seem to have found one that doesn't cause too much constipation. Geez, this all seems so personal!
Good luck with the TV thing, everyone. I'm reading a book called, "The Female Brain". It's helping me understand why my hormones do what they do.
Have a great day!
Heather
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrydog
Glad to hear you are all doing pretty well
SunnyBahrain - I also have a hard lumpy area under one side of my incision but not the other. I noticed it before I had any pain from overexertion, though, so it might be just a part of healing?
I decided to drive yesterday - I got a little pillow for under my seatbelt. My MD said "if it hurts, don't do it" and driving felt fine. I took my DD to lunch, went to the post office and the hardware store - I let her carry everything - then we went to the fabric store. I THINK that was the point I went too far. I didn't carry much but I stood in line forever then had to have everything rung up again because their computers broke down! I came home and spent the afternoon flat on my back but I knew it was too late. Sure enough I am walking really slowly today and am envious of elefante's walking routine. Go, girl, go!
Gemini3 - you give a perfect description of the ratio of gas pain to actual product! Gas is the only thing that has stopped me dead in my tracks, so far. MD said take a multi-vitamin with some iron in it and I seem to have found one that doesn't cause too much constipation. Geez, this all seems so personal!
Good luck with the TV thing, everyone. I'm reading a book called, "The Female Brain". It's helping me understand why my hormones do what they do.
Have a great day!
Heather
Hurrydog, I see that you had endo and fibroids just like me......Did your doctor put you on HRT? I'm not on anything yet and I dont see the doctor until the 25th which is 2 weeks post op. I dont have alot of energy so I cant think of going out anywhere yet.
Unread 07-18-2007, 11:10 AM

Hi: Quick Update
I had my LSH on the 12th, came home the next day. Was walking the same night in the hospital after I unhooked those loud a** boots, iv and took my cath with me. My BF was sleeping jumped up each time and said, what are u doing? I could sleep on those percecots they gave me. Thank God he sent me home with oxocodone. Anyway, plenty of visitors and phone calls (you guys can relate) and now it is quiet. I overdid it my 2nd & 3rd day home going up/down stairs more than I should. (I own a townhouse) I had my first BM 3 days later from MOM and that is all it took. Quite regular now. Better than before surgery with some constipation and pressure. You guys gave me some inspiration. I started walking day 4 (slowly) 4 laps up and down the sidewalk. Monday it hurt afterwards, yesterday not so bad. I still have my pj's on and most of my neighbors are at work, if not: who cares. I have been out 2X. First day to sheetz (around the corner) and yesterday to pick up chinese with BF (around the corner). This particular surgery allows me to drive after 7 days. So Friday is my day. Sometimes, you can't always listen to the dr. and follow your own mind. He may tell you things to soon. But I will see.
Unread 07-18-2007, 11:31 AM

Jennice, I don't know much either. I didn't see my dr until the next morning when he came and and asked "Have you been up? Did you eat breakfast? have you peed? Okay, I'm discharging you and I'll see you in 2 weeks. Just listen to your body and do only what you feel like doing."
That was pretty much it, no talk about the surgery. I'm sure if there were issues he would have brought it up, otherwise I'll see him next Thursday. I'm okay with that.
Unread 07-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Where did that truck come from

Yesterday (day 4) was awful. Walked to the mailbox and that made me sick. Gas pains back, fight with dh, stupid crying. He just doesn't get it it. I sent him an email last night since I can't get a word in and explained just what I am going through. It really helped. I was doing so well, now I feel like I've been hit by a truck
Sitting in this house is driving me nuts but it's so hot that if I go out I get ill. sigh Just feeling whiney today. I wonder if I could manage a movie theater?
Unread 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM

captaincrunch, the movie theater sounds like a good idea!!! I might just bring that up to DH since I havent been out yet
Unread 07-18-2007, 12:21 PM
to Captain Crunch

I like what your doc said about 'listen to your body and do what your body feels like doing'...... I have done two miles today and get CRAZY when I can't do more. But it's hot/humid......

Last nite I went to hardware store w/DD driving my car; the stress made the pain even worse, I think. I stayed in the car w/granddaughter. Going over bumps hurt. I shift a lot when I sit, too, so haven't begged anyone to take me to a movie. Don't think I could sit still or be comfy enough during it, yet. Or focus, yet! ? It's great some of you have already gone to flicks! Hooray for you all.

I love hystersisters. It keeps me going. E.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register