Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 190 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi, Law. Oh, I had a lot of trouble w/peeing when I laugh/cough/sneeze. I thought w/the surgery without even asking for the bladder sling that a neighbor got.....it wasn't such a big deal to me.....and it was 'better' after the surgery, like I can hold more. And when I sneezed a week ago walking I thought, oh, no, I'm going to be wet again. But I wasn't even though I felt 'air' coming out and thought I had peed a bit. I have to get used to my new body but I do think removing the uterus has made some more room for the bladder. Nice to know someone else checks out of habit. It's so weird.

Talk to you later.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 06:34 PM

Yes, Jennice. I am happy we will still have our chat and for questions re: recovery we can still start new strands.

AshleyLuz..........good luck tomorrow w/that post op and let us know how it goes. I'm anxiously awaiting Friday's.

E....
Unread 08-27-2007, 06:35 PM

I have been away for 2 days and know you sister's have been missing me. I started my FT hours today 8-4:30 Mon-Fri. This will be hard this week. I could've gotten used to the PT schedule. I am tired now. Gonna take a benadryl and call it a night. Allergies have one of my eyes red and been sneezing a little. I have to walk 7 blks to/from my car to the bldg. I could pay $85 month to walk 4 blks, but free is better. Plus you get exercise. It is just kinda hard after surgery with the 2 bags I carry.

My BF and I took the rest of my son's things back to college (2 hrs away) yesterday. He left Saturday morning with a friend. I got tired in Walmart up there buying his stuff (groceries, toiletries, etc) for him. It was really crowded in Walmart and little kids running everyway. I had to bob and weave and cover my belly a few times to dodge them. We stopped about 20 minutes from campus at steve and barry's for some shopping before we got to campus. I don't appreciate a challenge as much as E, but I did carry a couple of bags (not too heavy) walk through the entire store of walmart for at about an hour, helped unpack his things, pushed his desk back with the back of my legs, (that wasn't good) rode back with BF and stopped at friday's for dinner. The resturant we wanted to go to on campus was jammed pack and we just decided to get back on the road. We left at noon Sunday and returned at midnight.

Reliefisdue,
Don't say farewell yet.

Deb,
It is an adjustment when they go back to college, huh? My ds is in his 2nd year. Now I am here alone. I am at least blessed with u guys. Let keep this site rolling, ladies. We still need each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2007, 06:46 PM

E,
I started a BM thread (TMI) but no one answered it. I rather just stay with you guys or maybe surf occasionally for answers regarding my issues. You know I never really thought about your reason for surgery. I know you told me about your CIN, but I also just assumed you had awful periods like most of us. Had you menopaused already? Duh, I was thinking u were younger with all the walking. I am 41, thought you were a young girl. But in the heart, u r.
Unread 08-27-2007, 07:01 PM

It's so funny what you are saying...........but go to our chat and I'll talk to you!
Unread 08-27-2007, 07:09 PM

Jennice......yes I am young at heart as you posted on recovery but didn't want to chat there. I am 55. I had no symptoms......guess cancer can be a 'silent killer' if not caught in time. And I still have 'bad cells' which is why i must go every 3 months. Anyway, today I taught my first freshman Engl class EVER and it was SO WEIRD. I am used to the colors of the rainbow in my classes bec. i teach people from around the world. Sometimes I am the only 'white girl' in the class. Well, today, I was the ONLY one w/no cell, the ONLY one who has a kid, the ONLY one who was 20 to 30 years older than everyone else but one. I had h.s. kids in there (they earn h.s. cr. while in college, the smarties) and barely out of h.s. kids and it was SO STRANGE for me. I felt very very old. And tired. Well, i survived, but they may all transfer to any other section they can beg into after being w/me today. I usually do have a lot of energy. I enjoy explaining my language and culture to others. Here I am surrounded in that class w/people who know more about hip hop culture than I do. Lots of sighs. One former student dragged me out for a twenty min. walk today. He goes SO much faster than I do. But at least he opened all the heavy doors for me, and I thanked him for each one. Other students dropped by to say 'hi' or to find out about my surgery. I've been explaining dysplasia and cervix and uterus to lots of ladies from around the world. Anyway, I smiled, Jennice, at your comments about being young at heart. Yeah, the surgery is tough when one is feeling fine prior. I totally am 'shot' now. And my sister who did the 60 mile 3 day cancer walk... she practice w/her team for about four months walking 15 to 20 miles every single Saturday and Sunday and all her team members finished. She said I MUST MUST walk w/them next year. She didn't get ONE blister. I got a blister from my beloved Tevas at the state fair Saturday. Good grief. I'm a total wimp now. Well, we will see if I can do it. A person has to raise over two thousand bucks for the privilege of walking and there are so many different kinds of cancer..........we shall see.

Off I go. Granddaughter is here and she wants a chance on the computer.

Take care everyone and rest well and I pray you have no cramps or knots or pins and needles like i get and no gas and ............ya get the picture.

E.

p.s. i did not walk one single lap today. not one. work was enough for me.
Unread 08-27-2007, 08:40 PM
crack me up

E-you crack me up about the wiping and always watching to see what you will find. Isn't that the truth.
LAW- too funny about the six graders
Reliefisdue- You better not say goodbye yet!!!!

I went and had 2 margaritas. Now i can go to bed relaxed.

After the diagnosis of ovarian cancer of a good friend...I have bee researching. I am going to get tested. Did you know that even tho you have the ovaries removed...you can still get ovarian cancer? I did not. Were any of you tested prior to surgery? Do you get the CR-125 test done annually?

Good night...I am doing my sons laundry for the next 3 years. LOL. Tomorrow I have decide to hit the laundromat.

SM
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:44 AM

Good morning, here it is the crack of dawn. It's still pitch black out. I'm on my way to work. Wow i still feel like i'm asleep. I better grab a nutri grain bar and my coffee. Talk to everyone later. I think i talk to you ladies more than the people i actually see ha ha. I love this chat room.
Unread 08-28-2007, 05:01 AM

Hi everyone. Big storms came thru our metro area AGAIN and so I got about five or five and a half hours of sleep. Rats. I was sleeping so well but had to grab that weather radio. Well, i am leaving the two girls here alone and hope they can get along today. I will be very tired in my classrooms for four hours. Hope I do a good job today. I wish my 'knot' would disappear and then i'd be feeling fairly fine.

Didn't know you can still get ovarian cancer w/o ovaries. Jeepers. Since I have dysplasia still in my vaginal area, I guess I will always have the 'cancerhead' they talk of on the cancer side of the hystersisters site. I don't get that one test each year that you mentioned. I will ask the doc about it Friday.

Off I go. It's gonna be a looooooong day bec. when I get home from work i still have to wash some clothes out and get granddaughter back home. That won't be until tonite. My goal tonite is in bed by 9 p.m. at the very very VERY latest, no matter how much chaos is going on around me. E
Unread 08-28-2007, 05:07 AM

I too check every time I go to the bathroom! It's just a way of life for so long! Can't wait to break that habit! Heading in to work with no sleep again. Been taking OTC sleep aids, and they aren't working anymore! My doc is back in the office today, so I hope to get a phone call with some relief options! Foggy, foggy brain!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register