Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 193 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi everyone, made it through another full day at work. I'm alittle tired today but still made it through. I hope all you went back to work this week are doing ok. I know alot of you are teachers, have fun rembering all those names. As for me i work in the school cafeteria and eventually start to remember the kids names. We feed 1100 kids in our middle school. Tomorrow our kids go back to school no more summer break. It does feel kind of good to be back to some normalcy. I know i will probably still do to much lifting and stuff and i'm sure most of you will do some stuff your not supposed to either. But can we make a pact and try to take care of ourselves and take it easy. I will try if you try. ok our talk more later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 03:02 PM

I took an Ambien last night and didn't get much sleep either. Right now I'm trying to get the 3-year-old to stop playing and lie down for a while. He wrote on a pillow case with lightening speed, right beside me! I am a failure as a mother...Sigh...I didn't yell at him because I should have been aware, but I spaced I suppose.

I've had a crazy morning--Internet meeting this morning, then I had to drive to pick up DS from his first day of preschool (30 mi. away). When we got back to town, I had to literally run to get a grade in for an Internet college student who may lose his football scholarship if he doesn't have a recorded grade turned in today (completely his fault, and he just old me about his predicament yesterday!!!); I'm not so worried about him losing his place on the football team, rather, he could lose his opportunity for college without that scholarship. I hate being placed in situations like that!!

So, here I am ready for a nap. Whew!

I thought on-line teaching was supposed to make life less stressful?
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:39 PM

Hi everyone, its great to hear your work stories!!! I'm so happy to hear that many of us are now back and work and making it through the day, although with some aches and pains. I'm feeling a little bit better. That pain on my side and towards my lower back continues to be "there" mostly a night while I'm sleeping which causes me to wake up earlier than I want to or need to......but during the day at work its not bad. Yesterday and today have not been too bad at school. I'm exhausted after school but not as exhausted as last week so hopefully its getting better???? who knows! I'm trying to come home as soon as school lets out and make myself rest. How is everybody today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW1961
Good morning, here it is the crack of dawn. It's still pitch black out. I'm on my way to work. Wow i still feel like i'm asleep. I better grab a nutri grain bar and my coffee. Talk to everyone later. I think i talk to you ladies more than the people i actually see ha ha. I love this chat room.
Law---i know all about that nutrigrain bar and coffee at the crack of dawn. I am missing being home, waking up "slow" and having a leisure breakfast, that's for sure! Now I get up in the mornings (crack of dawn too.....dd starts highschool very early) and I'm running until I get home at 4. wheeeewwww! Its no wonder we are so tired!
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:53 PM

Ele-I felt like that last week when i started full time with students. No time for water, bathroom or even sitting. I was so exhausted. Try to rest early tonite. I am hoping that each week will be a little bit easier for us. It was kind of drastic for me to jump into complete school mode after pampering the princess after surgery for weeks. What a shock to my body last week! So, this week I packed my vitamins and water bottles and I am making it a point to drink my water, eat my lunch and take my vitamins. Hope you feel better
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:58 PM

by the way----I'm always looking when I wipe too ! geez! I've never been so clean
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:58 PM

My day was busy. We have a staff development tomorrow for middle/high schools. Today was the first day they treated me like a regular person and I am still at 6 wks. It was a hard day and I wanted to walk this evening, but I am too tired. I have a long day at the staff development tomorrow and will be on my feet alot. I have been wearing 2 piece sets (elastic) and will wear a sundress tomorrow to look more professional since Iwill be in the schools. The teachers always get nervous when "Downtown" as they say come to the schools. I was depressed today because I am fat. I think that swelly belly is just permanent. If it isn't down by now, it won't be. About a week after surgery, my stomach was flat. Maybe because I stay around the house. Does anyone else have it? I mean, I can get into my clothes, but my belly is still noticable. It looks like it is puffy from under my breast all the way to the bottom. Not just the surgery area. I am really down tomorrow. I really need u guys to pick me up.
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:08 PM

I already posted my woes on the progress report, so I won't bore u with that. Yesterday was my first day, FT and wasn't bad. Today, I am really tired. Too tired to go walking this evening. In a way, it is good to be back to reality with working. I do miss being at home. Seemed like my belly was flater. I still don't feel comfortable wearing regular pants yet. They fit, but I like my capri sets and flat sandals. My stomach is still upset and I am waiting for the dr. to call me. I called the office around 11, and haven't heard anything yet. I hope it is nothing. But better be safe, than sick. How was everybody's day at work?
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 I am here.

I am here. Today isn't going the way I would like it to. I had to put our 14 year old cat to sleep this am. I was at the vet by myself as it is a 30 minute drive. I had to have him there by 7:30 so I did not wake my DD up to come with me. She does not start HS until after labor Day so she was sleeping in.
I have cried on and off all day. I know it was the best thing to do but that does not make it the easiest. i gave him a kiss from each of us and said good bye. He was the most beautiful and friendly cat. Slept with me everynight.
our two dogs are searching for Bosey, and I know they suspect something is up. One is in hiding as she saw me take him out in the crate while he cried and cried.
I haven't gotten anything constructive done today. Not like yesterday.
It is too hot to walk and I have to work tonight so i doubt i will get a walk in for the second day in a row.

My son moved back in and the garage is full of his stuff. Still not done moving all of it yet either.
SM
Unread 08-28-2007, 04:15 PM

so sorry about Bosey Simplyme. I know how hard that can be. My daughter's cat died 2 years ago and it was her first pet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register