Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 195 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setrimacoky
Presouz sorry to hear that your still sleepless...I hope that you may be able to get a nap in.

Nap, tried and failed, maybe Ill take 2 antivan tonight!? Take them early... so not be groggy at 6 am to get up for my DD...and school.. Let you know!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Feeling Fat...

Phil,
Thanks for your words. It helped a little. I do appreciate u guys. Just wondering y I didn't do my original myomectomy surgery. Maybe, my belly would be flater. I think that it will just get bigger with time. Not that it was flat since I had my ds in 88. ....

Ele,
U always see the positive in everything. I am a Christian and need to be where u are spiritually today. I am grateful to be alive after the surgery. GRateful, that I found u guys and for my wonderful support system on the outside (family, friends). God, is a mighty God. But God also knows my heart and I am having a bad day. I thought about u guys at work and didn't even know if I should address my feelings. My BF told me that I lost weight and I have lost 8 lbs, but no inches so it makes my belly look bigger. He said that I am depressed because ds in back in school, like u said. He also hasn't tested the product yet either. I am short too. 5'2, 142 lbs. So I have big boobs (36D) and a 32 inch waist right above the navel. Haven't told you how many inches under the navel. Thanks for letting me vent.
Unread 08-28-2007, 05:48 PM

That's a great idea E.............that's what I really need, some cheering up I have this colonoscopy to look forward to when I thought I would be all done with TESTS! Friday C.T. scan which I can handle but COLONOSCOPY....o.k. I need to count to 10........

Good things, NO MORE HEAVY BLEEDING, NO TAMPONS AND PADS, EVENTUALLY NO PAIN, CAN GO ON TRIPS WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT WHEN MY CYCLE WAS COMING....

O.K. I can feel it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Jennice41

She's a BRICK HOUSE.....she mighty might just letten it all hang out......LOL LOL Wow Jennice41 how can you not be proud of yourself. We are the same size but I am more leggy. I am also Christian I just have to lean on it just a little more lately
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:41 PM

ByFaith, thank god i have a couple of more years before i need that test done. I'll be getting a mamogram in 2 months. That one i can handle, just some boob squishing thats all for that. Sorry it's your time to get the colonoscopy done. I'm taking it that means another bowel prep.
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:55 PM

Jennice, my breasts aren't very small, either! We sound kind of like carbon copies of each other. Take heart. I do try to cheer others up and I usually need it myself. If you knew the rot in my life and how I let people walk on me..... but I am determined to overcome.

Had some abdominal pains tonite.......i'm sure i can tell why after the day i've had. Now it's time to 'hit the books' to try and stay one step ahead of the students. Take heart. E. Heal, heal, HEAL!
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:59 PM

I did colonoscopy in April to 'celebrate' turning 55 in March. I would redo that ANYday over the hysterectomy. The prep, the procedure, the loopiness, the entire thing. 'Cause when it's all done, you are your normal self again. It's nothing like this surgery. I pray you have an okay procedure. It goes fast. And believe it or not I drank that whole 64 yep 16 cups of liquid to 'clean out.' I chilled it in the fridge as they say it goes down easier. But I let it 'warm up' as I downed the glass each, what was it, 15 min? I'm tellin' ya, I downed them all and only needed a jolly rancher to suck on at the end of it all (make sure you buy the 'right colors')..... I lost SOOOO much weight and sucked in SOOOO much liquid after that colonoscopy. You will delight in the scale for a few days afterwards!! The body just CRAVES liquids. I drank and drank and drank and never peed. What a hoot.

I got brain freeze at the first few glasses of that 'stuff'.......so that's why I left the carton out to 'warm' as I went thru it. Maybe that's why i couldn't stand it at the end........it warmed up too much.

I had my colonoscopy over at North Memorial, byfaith.......where is yours going to be?

Take care. Take heart. Off I go to stay ahead of the smarties in my freshman Engl. class. I'm used to ESLers and these people blow me away.

E.
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byfaith
She's a BRICK HOUSE.....she mighty might just letten it all hang out......LOL LOL Wow Jennice41 how can you not be proud of yourself. We are the same size but I am more leggy. I am also Christian I just have to lean on it just a little more lately
LOL LOL Byfaith you got me singing out-loud as I read your post!!! I remember that song from my roller skating days---yup--me and my Farrah Fawcett haircut, braces and all Jennice, if it werent for my faith I dont know where I would be during this whole ordeal. My faith in Christ sustains me and I'm so happy to hear that we have that in common. be blessed and YOU ARE NOT FAT!
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:20 PM

byfaith, the colonoscopy is not bad. I had to have one right before the surgery to rule out endo. You wake up and you dont even realize that it happened! and the anesthesia doesnt even make you groggy. You do have to have a bowel prep and thats not fun, but we have been through worse with the surgery. It will be okay. Hopefully you will get some answers soon
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:21 PM

Post op visit:

Today I had my appt. He did do a vaginal exam. It didn't hurt at all. Iwas a bit scared because I thought it would. He said I am healing very nicely. My scar doesn't look as good. It feels a bit like a rope. He said it might be bec that is where my previous scar from my myomectomy was. Still, he said not to worry and there isn't anything I can do but wait and see how it heals. He said he was able to see my internal stitches and that my cuff looks great. He said my next pap would be in 1 year. I had cervix removed and the path report discovered I had CIN 1. My pap had come back negative, so it was thanks to the hyst that it was found. I asked about getting the vaccine for HPV and he said I could. Bec I'm 36, insurance won't cover it, but I'll pay if it can protect me against some strands of the HPV that may cause cancer of the cervix, vagina, vulva and anus. Soooo, I'll be getting the vaccines later on. Also, he said no heavy lifting for 3 months. No yoga that works abs, only walking. (like you Ele) He ok'd me for sex--however, no BF at ths time.

Jennice-I still have a swelly belly. Some days more than others. Sometimes I even look a little pregnant. Dr. told me it could last a couple of months. Take it easy and be patient. Sometimes we want immediate results and we forget we had MAJOR surgery. Remember, our bodies are still healing on the inside.

Overall, not a bad visit. I was worried and scared for nothing. Keep me posted with your updates.
Ashley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register