Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 198 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

I've been wondering about SunnyBahrain also. El, you always seem to look at the glass half full. Me, I'm a worrier. When we don't hear from her I worry.
As for walking in the cemetary, I just want to see what's so special that people are dying to get in. It's just so peaceful there.
Did my 1.5 miles this morning in 35 minutes with a friend. Reason it took longer is she had her rebellious 3 yr old DS. Sigh. Felt pretty good after the walk. Everything south of the waist (other that my bowels) is doing good. Now if I could get everything north of the waist to settle down. At least my sinuses are improving. This time last week, you could have left me in the cemetary and I would have felt at home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Sleep

Setrimacoky -- I will keep your friend in my prayers. My friend just went through that whole scenerio, I, too, was very worried about her. Her biopsy came back negative, thank God. Keep positive thoughts and prayers.

I don't know if you all remember how I've (along with others) have been having problems with getting a good night sleep. I was given a prescription for Ambien, took it for two weeks -- initially it took two nights before I slept well. Then my DH was concerned I might get addicted. SO - I stopped taking it. The first night was a living, waking nightmare. The second night not as bad, but bad -- I was very cranky. Then after seeing the cardiologist yesterday , he said it takes a long time before getting addicted, that made me feel better. BUT I wanted to try something else. My DH found Melatonex. It is a time released formula. It worked wonderfully. I do have to admit, I did wake up a couple of times, but without nightmares, sweat, and an ability to get back to sleep!!!! YAHOO

I would suggest taking it early in the evening, maybe around 8ish, I took it around 10. I found it hard to wake up this morning.

Have a great day!
Moe
Unread 08-29-2007, 09:11 AM

Hello,
Just left the doctor, finally off of the wound vac after over two months. My normal hysterectomy went wrong, clipped bowel, infection, three operations and three months later I'm glad to just have a bandgage on my tummy and be able to try and exercise again. Still have to go back in two weeks. Will I ever get my lawsuit started?
JH/SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 09:59 AM
colonoscopy

Hey thanks for advise on colonoscopies, I am 52 & need to get one. My sister 2 yrs older than me did have polops so I am worried about that (amoung 1,000 other things!)

I finally called & got results from blood tests from the 20th yesterday. They claim hormones & thyroid are within normal range. So I guess all of my symptoms are in my head? I don't think I am getting all the questions answered at dr office so I am glad to ck in with you gals. Thanks for being there.

Worked about 9+ hrs yesterday have swelly belly still this a.m. usually it is better in the morning. Must be too much for this old bod..

E I am short too, I have to climb on stools to reach everything it is so frustrating. 2 yrs ago I fell off a stool & broke my foot. At the same time I was doing a wedding for my DD!!! I thought that was a bad summer!! This was wayyyy worse.

Sorry about your pet, we do get alot of love from those animals for not much effort. Mine is a larpy golden retriever that out weighs me, I had to stay away from him for a few weeks!! Too much love...ouch.
Unread 08-29-2007, 10:25 AM
pets

It was quiet last night. i also missed him during the night as he always sleeps right by my side. i actually used him as a rest for my leg, when laying on my side in the fetal position after surgery. He was a huge cat.
My two dogs are Cairn Terriers.(like ToTo on the wizard of oz). They weight 17 and 19 lbs. so used to jumping up on my lap or me picking them up. Could not do that for 4 weeks. They could not figure what was up with that.

My girlfriend who just had a hysterectomy, gall bladder, appendix and part of the bowel removed on Friday is not doing well in her recovery. Please say a prayer. She is trying to keep her spirits up. She is getting 2 units of blood right now. She is not passing any gas yet. Can't have anything but icechips. She will start chemo when they determine the cancer type and after she is recovering better i am sure.

I did 2 miles today and will go out again late this afternoon. Still busy sorting through my sons things.

SM
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:04 PM

I have a friend who had a hysterectomy years and years ago and she gets pains on the left side every so often. She was told it was scar tissue and may never go away. I wonder if that is what is going on with us.
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:36 PM

Just got back..My heart is a little heavy the mammo/sono today did not reveal a positive report. They have sched her a Biopsy tomorrow. They are putting a stat report so she should know by Friday. There is a concern that it is cancer but the doctor just couldn't be sure. She did say that it is small and has been caught very early if it is. My poor friend came out of the office in tears...I 'am so glad I was there. Her DH can't get the time off tomorrow so I will be there with again. She will have to close her daycare because she won't be able to lift.
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:50 PM

Actually, I think she said it was her intestines. That kind of makes sense.
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:27 PM

Okay, if it's confession time, I'm 5 foot 3 and weigh 145 lbs. I'm a 36 C and have short hair and nails so you know where the excess is deposited. All this talk of swelly belly had me puzzled because I have PERMANENT swelly belly. My goal was to not gain weight during recuperation and so far so good.
I'm so glad your check-up went well, Ashleyluz. I went to work for the first time today (9:30 to 2:30). Pain started to kick in around noon, I popped a couple of ibuprofen around 1:00, went to the staff meeting at 2:00 and then headed home. I was so tired and sore that nothing I was reading sank in. I brought some stuff home with me, and will work here until after the long weekend. The nice people at work greeted me with a bouquet of flowers and a card. How nice is that?
JHvac, it sounds like you've been having a really rough time. I hope the worst is over and there are no more nasty surprises.
I've been wondering about Sunny too. I hope we hear from her soon. Happy healing, everyone
Unread 08-29-2007, 02:23 PM

Bopper wrote: All this talk of swelly belly had me puzzled because I have PERMANENT swelly belly
Yeah, I feel the same way. I guess I always had a big abdomen too. My goal was to try and lose weight before surgery, but that never happened.
How nice, flowers from the people at your work.
jh244808- so sorry for all you had to go through. I hope you get a big settlement and can go on a nice vacation. Lay in the sun.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register