Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 07-11-2007, 10:22 AM
glad to know you made it home okay Law1961

Ah ha someone else went home last nite besides me! Well, glad to hear you are doing okay. For me the pain is ugly. I am alternating percocet w/advil bec. they only gave me 20 pills and absolutely NO refills 'use sparingly' rules on the percocet. The cramps/pain are no fun. I'm chugging lots of agua......soon I will go around the parking lot outside. Ten min. an hour? Ten min. a day? How much do we get to walk? I want to walk out this PAIN. Later.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Hi, FreakyDeaky. Good to know you are home. Yes, the percecet is very helpful.... but they didn't give me much to live on. I guess I should start signing myself 'TVH' now that I've made it to the other side! 'good to know' the pain is common for some of us (we wouldn't wish it on anyone though, would we? ouch.) take care.............E.
Unread 07-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Wow. I can't believe They'd Do That to You

Quote:
Originally Posted by elefante64
Ah ha someone else went home last nite besides me! Well, glad to hear you are doing okay. For me the pain is ugly. I am alternating percocet w/advil bec. they only gave me 20 pills and absolutely NO refills 'use sparingly' rules on the percocet. The cramps/pain are no fun. I'm chugging lots of agua......soon I will go around the parking lot outside. Ten min. an hour? Ten min. a day? How much do we get to walk? I want to walk out this PAIN. Later.........
Why would they only give you 20 pills and that's it. That seems inhuman. My doctor gave me 30 percocet plus 60 - 600mg Motrins and to let her know if I need more.

My sister is a Director of Nursing, so I get a lot of my information from her - but your orders seem unreasonable and make you prone to worry on top of that.

I am walking as much as I can without overdoing it. Plus, I just took a stool softener (Mirulax), plus a Gas-X every now and then and the pain is manageable.

Every nurse I've talked to says to walk, walk, walk to get the intestines going and the gas moving out. I think I'll nap now though.... Good luck with everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-11-2007, 10:46 AM
FreakyDeaky! Thanks for writing.

Maybe you got more pain meds bec. it's abdominal rather than vaginal? Don't know. I will go try to now. I'm also fighting on the phone w/daughter and little granddaughter is caught in the middle. And teen has finally decided to wake up let's see about 15 minutes until high noon! Well, I shall not give up. Just knowing that you think my pain med prescription seems a bit scant helps take SOME of my worry away. Maybe I get walk out this pain by Sat/Sunday. Gotta go...........take care everyone. E.

TVH July 9 for CINIII/CIS..............
Unread 07-12-2007, 03:39 PM

I had a LSH yesterday! When they got in, my dr found the fibroid had grown from baseball size to slightly larger then a grapefruit in just two weeks! WOW! No wonder I felt soooo crappy! It was adheared to the OUTSIDE of my UT and had attached to my colon. The LSH was done out paticent, so I was home last night. I am on 2 pericets every four hours and some colace too....I am gassy and sore..but already feel better...
Well, off to nap somemore!

All in all it wasn't as bad as I expected....
Unread 07-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I am home

Hello everyone,
I received an abdominal hysterectomy July 6th. Finally home Tuesday. I had a mass growing on my right ovary. When they went in they found endometriosis and adenomyosis. My sigmoid colon was blocked also. All the pain.... now at least I know why. I found out the mass was benign I am 44 and now in wonder how my body will react without tubes and ovaries. I have the option to take estradiol but I am first trying to find out as much information as possible. Lots of pain yet, time to rest.
Unread 07-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Day 4 TAH/LSO for Enormous Fibroids, 7 in Bikini Cut

For the last 24 hours, my bowels have been moving. I've been taking Mirulax for the last 2 days to ensure soft stool. It's a definitely a relief. I walked on 9 different occassions on day 2 in the hospital and I do believe that helped.

I am still taking Percocet and Motrin every 4-5 hours because of pain. It isn't as bad as I expected but I will not lay around in pain for any reason.

My arm is still sore from a Toradol injection from 2 days ago. I hate those things and will not allow another one ever again. They shot me up repeatedly with that nasty Toradol a few years ago as my main pain reliever for my appendectomy. I lost feeling in my legs (where they were shooting it) for a long time after that.

My Short Term Disability company is now causing me grief. They're saying that normal recovery time for my surgery is 4 weeks. Arghh!! I'm just not in the mood to fight them right now.

My main activity is total relaxation right now. My DH is bringing me all my food on a tray so my only reason-to-be right now is to heal.

I just woke up from a nap to find him laid out dead asleep as well. Hmmmm. I think he might be enjoying his time off too much.
Unread 07-12-2007, 05:00 PM

Hey Ladies,
I am on the 4th week of healing and I have been doing great.. I notice about every 3 days I heal a little bit more and can really feel it.. last night was pretty bad.. but that is normal for Having the LSH done .. my Doc was great he gave me 30 percacet and 30 800 Motrin and refilled my percacet .. less pain better healing.. and although I dont take it all the time I still have it when i really need it.. walking is great I do allot of it enough to make me feel better but not over doing it..

Please be carefull for those who just got it done the gas is a Pain but it goes away .. the BM's well that varies as it did for me luckily I did not use any stool softeners. and as for the pain its not all at once its gradual and little bits a time.. remember ( I have to remind myself all the time) take it slow your body has 100 things going on at once and we are not use to it.. if you feel like there is something really wrong dont hesitate to call your Doc.. it might be something little and that can be corrected.. quick..

Well happy healing and take it slow

Georgiana
Unread 07-12-2007, 05:05 PM

Well, sisters, I am still having a heck of a time getting my bowels moving. Today I have had four metamucil 'wafers,' two bowls of brown rice and black beans, a fresh apple, eight prunes, two large glasses of OJ w/extra pulp, a ton of water and tea and two little bowls of cheese popcorn AND NOTHING IS MOVING DOWN THERE. I am a tad worried about it!! And I'd had two ducolex on Tuesday before being set free from the palace at 6:30 p.m. I don't know what to do. I guess tomorrow i will call the clinic. It's annoying. My swelly belly is swelling even bigger because everything goes in and nothing comes out. How much more fiber can I get in there???? I read all the tips/ideas on the hystersisters website and aside from milk of magnesia, which i don't want to send someone to buy/chug yet, i think i've tried all the other remedies. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. And yesterday I ate a big bowl of fresh salad and other rice/black beans (brown rice mind you) and a little tiny bit of chicken. Everyone say a little prayer for me that my intestines recover. Oh, and I'm not taking the percocet except one tab last nite for sleeping. All I did today were three generic iboprophen. And I'm trying to walk in the parking lot..........ideas?????? Hope all my friends from this site are recovering, coming home from the castles, etc. Adios for now. E.
Unread 07-12-2007, 05:11 PM

you might need to get a sapository.. you do not want to impacted.. you will truly be ill and tear your self.. get up about every 20 min walk a bit drink loads of water.. walking is good .. just dont over do it.. if you dont go in a day or so get some thing from your Doc.. you can get very sick .. and your healing will be take a set back..

Be care full and take care of your self

Georgiana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register