Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 203 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

By faith: you will be okay at the colonscopy. I just know it. Try to stay calm. I'd take another TEN of them in a MONTH compared to this. Really I would. Glad you made it to the Fair. I plan to go two times this weekend. It's my only 'vacation' this entire year.

Gemini: my appt is 11:20 Mpls time. Don't worry. It's not the path report as that is already done. I'm not too worried. I'm just worried he will be mad at me bec. who knows what i've done? Today I had to climb four flights of (double flights) stairs in one college building and i was lugging books for two classes, plus papers. I went SO slowly. Ouch. It's hard. Just so hard. I hate this. Give me a colonoscopy. What a breeze compared to this.

Okay. I'm at work and break is over so I will write tonite if my granddaughter (yes she is coming the whole weekend and tomorrow i have no classes) and teen daughter let me get a word in.

HUGS TO YOU ALL, my sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 01:26 PM

I'm 5'7 & 1/2".

Have you also noticed how many of us are teachers or work in the educational profession?

BTW, after almost two months of lifting practically nothing, a 15 lb. grocery bag is a horrible stressor to carry two blocks!

Unread 08-30-2007, 01:45 PM

You are right, knittin. We all pretty much work in public or higher learning as teachers, secretaries, cafe. I am in central office for the Public Schools. I work 12 mths in the office as an office associate. Prior to this, I worked at a private university. Just a few days left in this thread. I am 7 wks post-op today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Whether we realize it or not, Sisters, when we're stressed we tense our muscles. Hard to believe there are any muscles in our swelly bellies, but there are, so when we're stressed those muscles tense up and voila! Pain. Ele, with your nasty workload and busy personal schedule, I can just imagine the amount of pain you're experiencing. I worked at home today: 2 1/2 hours in the morning, 2 hours off (shopping and eating lunch) and 2 hours in the afternoon, and I'm sore even though I was either sitting at the computer or stretched out on my bed catching up on reading.
I figure so many of you are teachers because of the time of year: you all had your surgery during the summer. I'm a public servant and just had it done when my doctor scheduled it. Glad I ran into you all, though

It's seven weeks for me tomorrow. I plan to return to work on Tuesday and each day just work as long as I can. I wonder how long it'll be before I can do a full day's work?
Unread 08-30-2007, 02:39 PM

It is 7 weeks for me too tomorrow. Can hardly believe it! I have to go back in 3 weeks for him to check on the bottom pain. It is still there.

SM
Unread 08-30-2007, 04:28 PM

Does everyone still have 'bottom' pain? I feel like I have to get off my feet and completely flat (not sitting) for mine to go away. It doesn't take too long, just is very inconvienent. When I work, I have to travel so that position won't be available.
Unread 08-30-2007, 06:52 PM

I went back to work full time on Monday. I work at a computer all day, so nothing to strenous. But I feel as if I hit a wall!! Yesterday about 3:00, I was ready to pack up and head back home! My doc perscribed Rozerim because I still am not sleeping. I sleep at night and don't wake up groggy, but it's like it hits me later. I went to pick up DS after work, and his sitter said I looked horrible. Did any of you who jumped into work feel this too? I'm glad it's a long weekend! Plan on stocking up on sleep. The next two weekends we have weddings we are going to be in, so it will be non stop for awhile. YIKES!!
Unread 08-30-2007, 06:53 PM

Yes, I still have bottom pain. Had the hysto done 7 weeks ago tomorrow. More on my left side than anywhere but I noticed my sit bones hurting yet today. By the end of the day it sometimes throbs. If i am laying down it is relieved.
But I cannot lay down for the rest of my life
Unread 08-30-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieallana
I had my surgery July 9, son rolled his car July 11, while at hosp. ER, mother-in-law died. No rest..... so, I'm still healing at this stage. Doctor says that stress leaves a mark on the rate of recovery. Any advice for 8 weeks and still 'spotting'?
OMG, so sorry to hear of your loss! Is your son OK? I truly believe stress does play a big role.
I have had the most stressful 7 weeks in years. Can't go into it all but I truly wish I could have those weeks back without the stress to heal. It isn't fair, but that is life.
SM
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:07 PM

duh? What is bottom pain?

Phil446 & Byfaith,
This goes back a few posts. I am just catching up. BTW, my belly isn't as swelly today. I guess I complained enough about it. Anyway, I can't believe u guys had the farrah faucett hair with roller skates. Boogie Nights!

Crossroads,
You height and weight are good too. None of us are tiny like elephante. My head is too big to go under 140 anyway. My weight has climbed as far as 158 and a size 12 for a couple of yrs. I was married then and didn't exercise and get on the scale.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register