Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 - Page 206 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Unread 08-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 09-Jul 16,2007

Simply,
How is your IBS now? To me, mine is worst after the surgery. I think that I also ate anything I wanted too soon. The dr. told me no ruffage, pizza or beef for 1 wk. I think that I went about 10 days and then started to eat what I wanted. I have started about a week ago with watching my foods that trigger. About a wk ago my BF picked me up pepto capsules. I have taken 4 total in 5 days. If it doesn't get better, I will go and get some acidolphilus tablets. That usually helps too.

ELE,
HURRAYYYYY! YIPEE!
Great job not damaging anything the way u keep it moving. I know that you were relieved and so r we, for you. OH NO! Not another colonscopy. Those things are expensive, time consuming and u have to tie up someone else's day. I am sure that u don't need one. U r just healing. I was getting those pins/needles and still do every so often. They just come further and further apart now. My dull ache is on my right working port and may always be there. It doesn't really bother me. If I rub or put pressure on it, it tells me that is where the drill was (that's what I call it). I wish that you could see the video I have. It is amazing what he was doing.
Again, go get you some champagne and put your feet up. Don't stress about a colonoscopy. It is almost impossible that something happened in a few months in the bowel. A X-Ray can show if there is another wrong in there too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 12:29 PM

Thanks for the info on the acidophillus. I always forget about that, and my IBS has been rearing its ugly head!

E--great news! I agree with your doctor about still keeping the lifting to a minimum. I carried a 15 pound bag of groceries two blocks yesterday and felt really stupid after. Get someone else to lift the salt if you can.

And to clarify, I think the doctor wants a colonoscopy to check to see if anything happened to the bowel because of surgery...
Unread 08-31-2007, 12:31 PM

I have IBS, was on Zelnorm until they took that off the market. Now on Miralax. I had reconstructive surgery on my rectum and have found that after my surgery it is somewhat better. I take my Miralax every other day instead of every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 01:16 PM

Yay Ele! Another graduate from the class of July 2007
I agree with Knittinmanatee that the possible bowel problem may have been caused in surgery. But I hope not.
I've worked at home the last two days. Have done 4 hours of computer stuff and reading and am hurting. Am hoping one ibuprofen and a short walk will allow me to put in another hour so.
When exactly does this thread end? I'll miss you all, but now that we're all going back to work I guess we won't have that much time to stay in touch. It's been a gas (metaphorically and literally)
Unread 08-31-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedyread
I have IBS, was on Zelnorm until they took that off the market. Now on Miralax. I had reconstructive surgery on my rectum and have found that after my surgery it is somewhat better. I take my Miralax every other day instead of every day.
Did you have reconstructive surgery on your rectum the time of your hysterectomy? or aqnother time? Was it due to hemmoroids?
Mine itch like crazy again. i actually think the bottom pain i feel has something to do with the small internal hemmoroids and small outside hemmys that i have.
Unread 08-31-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
Simply,
How is your IBS now? To me, mine is worst after the surgery. I think that I also ate anything I wanted too soon. The dr. told me no ruffage, pizza or beef for 1 wk. I think that I went about 10 days and then started to eat what I wanted. I have started about a week ago with watching my foods that trigger. About a wk ago my BF picked me up pepto capsules. I have taken 4 total in 5 days. If it doesn't get better, I will go and get some acidolphilus tablets. That usually helps too.

ELE,
HURRAYYYYY! YIPEE!
Great job not damaging anything the way u keep it moving. I know that you were relieved and so r we, for you. OH NO! Not another colonscopy. Those things are expensive, time consuming and u have to tie up someone else's day. I am sure that u don't need one. U r just healing. I was getting those pins/needles and still do every so often. They just come further and further apart now. My dull ache is on my right working port and may always be there. It doesn't really bother me. If I rub or put pressure on it, it tells me that is where the drill was (that's what I call it). I wish that you could see the video I have. It is amazing what he was doing.
Again, go get you some champagne and put your feet up. Don't stress about a colonoscopy. It is almost impossible that something happened in a few months in the bowel. A X-Ray can show if there is another wrong in there too.
My ibs is doing better I think...knock on wood. It is the best this week since surgery. i do not have the constant grumbling noises I would have at all periods of the day either. They were loud! I would lay in bed and i swear my kids could here it in the other rooms wondering what me and DH were doing!! They went away after surgery. Wierd but I think the bowel just found another place to lay....unfortunately it might have found that place coming out or down to far! We will see in 3 weeks. The doctor wants to check it again.
SM
Unread 08-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Good for you ELE!

I went out side and did some trimming. I am leaving all the branches for someone else to pick up! Sat down and had some pins and needles/ nagging pain on my left side. Real low. probably aggravated it.

Good for you ELE! Short and sweet is good as long as everything is great! Yea, I agree doing it all at once would be hard on you!!

SM
Unread 08-31-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedyread

Hi Freedyread!! I too suffer from IBS, I have never been treated for it, I ve had too many other problems I was trying to get answers for. LIKE MY PERI menopause! Now that I am free of my insides that was full of problems, I should look into IBS and how to help it. Does Miralax really work? I did buy some and not used it yet..Thanks for any info on it
Unread 08-31-2007, 03:46 PM

Hmmmm all the comments about the bowel/intestine are interesting. Since I had TVH I wouldn't think there could be damage 'so high up'...it doesn't make sense to me. And my bowels move every morning quite nicely with no help needed from anything but the diet i keep trying to adhere to (lots of grains, veggies, fruits, water)......... hmmmmmmmmm I will keep my eye/hands on the knots and hopefully they will diminish w/time. If I can survive w/the annoyance of them until I see a new OB for a pap in 3-4 months I will ask for her opinion!!

I can't wait to look up all the terms in my path report!!

Have a good afternoon/evening all! E.
Unread 08-31-2007, 04:14 PM
IBS Ladies:

I was diagnosed in 03 with IBS after the colonoscopy, endoscopy, cat scan/with that chalk stuff, blood work & stool test. My GI dr. couldn't find anything, so he called it IBS. He gave me some probiotics to take and a flagyl. It worked for a while and then in dec of 03, I had a lap for adhesions on the right ovary, bladder flap and ab wall. I felt better till 06. Then it started again, but this time I suffered with constipation instead of being too regular. I think it was the adhesions again, along with the cysts and 5 fibroids. I was constipated until about 2 wks ago and now the IBS is back. I get the rumbling, bloating, gas and have to go when I have to go. I rather be this way than that year of constipation though. The probiotic tablets work (I only like the one/day) plenty of water, ginger ale. I think my body is still in shock from the lost of the uterus too. Activia is good if you are not regular and fiber also. I watchmy beef too. It was always worst with my period, so that is one less problem. I do have the itching back there and sometimes I feel pain in the rectum (better since surgery). I know that I will have to break down and go see my GI guy. I think that I may have hemmy's because of the fibroids pushing down. I think that a lot of people are in the dark about having a hysterectomy. Your body changes, sometimes permanently and drs. don't warn you about your digestive system afterwards. They are just quick to send you to a GI doctor after they have finished gutting us up. I talked to my surgeon yesterday and I am sure if I keep calling, he will suggest I see a GI. Will we ever be normal again. Overall, aside from me spazing out about my swelly belly, I feel pretty good this week. Again, I will say that I really, really, really tried to avoid this surgery, because of the unknown.
TMI,
I tried X for the 3rd time yesterday at 7 wks (alone) and it finally feels just like old times. 1st time at 4 wks was curiousity, then 6 wks a little better. This time was really good. I think once the fears, nerves and swollen tissue go down more, it gets better. I am still afraid to try with BF yet. He gonna have to wait. So far, he's is behaving.

THIS THREAD CLOSES ON MONDAY. MOVE TO SISTER'S CHAT 9-16 LADIES. DON'T LEAVE ME NOW.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register